Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

After such a good first game I thought he did really well to back it up with a solid game, noticed he spent a bit of time standing Kennedy, perfect bloke for him to learn a few tricks off

zippadeee said:
With the midfield Melbourne has that would be a very stupid decision.

Not if he's fatigued. He's only had 1 pre-season. Was struggling in the second half. Hierarchy would know best.

Fatigued?? I doubt that. Yeah he runs out of puff during games - only one pre season under his belt. Best way to improve that - is to play footy!! He will be there Wednesday night no doubt about it.

tha8ball said:
Fatigued?? I doubt that. Yeah he runs out of puff during games - only one pre season under his belt. Best way to improve that - is to play footy!! He will be there Wednesday night no doubt about it.

I think you under-estimate the effect games have on young players in their first season, particularly midfielders. The best way to improve is not to keep playing games but to get more pre-seasons under the belt. All the hard conditioning work is done pre-season. I think it will be line ball whether Ross plays or not. All comes down to the reasons he faded out in the second half. Again the hierarchy are best to make judgement on that.

tha8ball said:
What better way to expose a young gun to a pressure cooker situation than letting him have a crack at a big game like Wednesdsy night.
From what I have seen he will own Wednesdsy night.
If he needs a rest then rest him the following week. He will play on adrenalin.

tigerlove said:
I think you under-estimate the effect games have on young players in their first season, particularly midfielders. The best way to improve is not to keep playing games but to get more pre-seasons under the belt. All the hard conditioning work is done pre-season. I think it will be line ball whether Ross plays or not. All comes down to the reasons he faded out in the second half. Again the hierarchy are best to make judgement on that.

We will have to agree to disagree. I’ve always found the more games you play the better your endurance improved through a season. Game day running can’t really be replicated during training/ pre season. He will need a rest at some point - no doubt..but I would’ve thought 2 games in he wouldn’t be feeling too bad just yet! Anyway... I reckon he will play but just my opinion.

tha8ball said:
We will have to agree to disagree. I’ve always found the more games you play the better your endurance improved through a season. Game day running can’t really be replicated during training/ pre season. He will need a rest at some point - no doubt..but I would’ve thought 2 games in he wouldn’t be feeling too bad just yet! Anyway... I reckon he will play but just my opinion.

If there was a normal 6 -7 day break I'd have no concern about him playing this week but with less than a 4 day break he may be rested.
We'll find out how the coaches see the situation in a couple of days time.

How much is the quinella paying for Ross & Stack?
How much is the exacta paying for ross over stack?
How much is the trifecta paying for ross stack Balta?