Jack Dyer Medal 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Dyer Medal 2024

Broad speaks so well. No wonder our backline was so strong during our premiership era with such strong leadership littered throughout it.

Reactions: 5 users
What did prez say about departing players, missed the start
Richmond president John O’Rourke has handed some departing premiership stars a backhander in a not-so-subtle speech delivered at the Tigers’ best and fairest count on Tuesday night.

O’Rourke acknowledged it had been an “extremely difficult and disappointing season”, but praised the loyalty of senior Tigers players who were sticking around to help with “guiding our young players through this next phase of growth”.

“Just by way of example … how fortunate are we to have players of the character of a Nathan Broad?” O’Rourke asked during his speech.

“He is a player who was drafted into an era of, well, immediate club success as a mature-age player. I know through this year, I’m sure he could have explored options to see out his career in his home state, or perhaps look for more lucrative options with other clubs, but he chose to extend for a further two years.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/6c26c5e5d1ef02bf6c552abdda41481c

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Broad speaks so well. No wonder our backline was so strong during our premiership era with such strong leadership littered throughout it.

And again, Broady is such a good speaker, and shows the drive for where we are as a club.

He'd be my captains choice for next year. I did think Taranto, but Broady has sold me tonight. What a leader of the club.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users