Jack Dyer Medal 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Dyer Medal 2024

It was always going to be a tough night when three of your top six in the B & F including the winner want out of the club. We have lost so much talent on and off the field. We were spoilt with generational leaders like Peggy, Benny, Dimma, Balmey, Cotch, Jack, Grimes, Shedda and Dusty (On field).

Bakes getting on the gas was like a country best and fariest.

BTW this is how you do it. Especially the last couple of minutes.

Panels above anything our boys did.
Oh boy, that is superb. And can you imagine if this is how he is externally, how good he would be internally?? Hawthorn are adding much more than a tall back, they are getting a ready-made leader. Modern footy right there, it can be done the right way.

Reactions: 5 users
There's no doubt things are micro analysed with a slant towards negativity when you win the wooden spoon so quickly.
Nobody takes joy in where we are, even those who have great hope about the forthcoming draft but as a supporter base we need to need to learn from the lessons of the past & not dump chicken manure or burn memberships at the first sight of things going south.
The struggle is why the good times are there to be appreciated & the club needs it's membership united.
We'll rise again.

I liked Broads reference to this. Better to finish 18th and know where you are than finish 13th or 14th and think you are a chance, This way the club knows where we sit, and that we need to come from a way back to improve. Its another reason why to me he sounded like a captain in waiting last night.

Reactions: 5 users
My fear is that 2017 - 2020 was an outlier and we've now reverted back to form.
100% remember that old saying 'eat them alive,'
It's always been 'eat your own'

Absolute shambles.

P.s Baker was not pissed but nervous as *smile* and hasn't got the skills to present in front of big crowds

Just on Barrass he was given a great platform by West Coast to make that speech. By comparison our Presidents barely acknowledged our departing Premiership players (& life members of the club) in his opening speech. Player movement is going to become more & more common & this will happen again. I hope we learn from this moment as a club & all do it better in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
Just on Barrass he was given a great platform by West Coast to make that speech. By comparison our Presidents barely acknowledged our departing Premiership players (& life members of the club) in his opening speech. Player movement is going to become more & more common & this will happen again. I hope we learn from this moment as a club & all do it better in the future.

Whilst that's totally true.

It would have made little to no difference to Bakes and Shai's efforts.

Poorly done all round.

Whilst that's totally true.

It would have made little to no difference to Bakes and Shai's efforts.
Not Shai's, maybe Liam's.
The first time they knew they're getting up there is when they win a medal.
Last thing they're thinking of is having a well prepared speech. As I said a very different situation.
Bottom line though Barrass is clearly a very good confident, public speaker. Not everyone is.