Ins/outs next week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ins/outs next week

OUT: White, Hislop, Farmer, Edwards, Post

IN: McGuane, Cousins, best 3 from the 2nds

I think post has the makings for a good player, but i think he needs to return to Coburg to try and get some confidence back up

In Browne Cousins Mcguane Polo Thursfield Webberly
Out Collins inj Edwards Farmer Hislop Simmonds White ommitted.

B Thursfield Moore Webberly*
HB Polo Mcguane Tambling
C Martin Deledio Cotchin capt,
HF Taylor Vickery Cousins
F Nason Riewoldt Astbury
R Browne Jackson Tuck
Res Dea Morton Post Rance.

The jury is still definately out on Farmer but was much better today and his kicking was almost faultless hit his targets almost everytime. Too early to write him off.

Out: Simmonds- once a great ruckmen, but lost it (not sure if we can drop him against Sandilands though)
Hislop- Trys hard, but isnt up to AFL standard
White- ditto
Rance-ditto

Ins: Cousins- some needed leadership
Newman- as above
Thursfield- full back
Polo- One of our best against Sydney

Dont bother bringing Mc Guane back, we dont need him
If you can remember to 2008- when our defense was looking good- mc guane was not there- moore took the big jobs

geoffryprettyboy said:
What do you think he did wrong today funky?

He was terrible Geoffrey, got turned easy, little pace. no real pressure applied in any marking contest, missed tackles and his kicking is pedestrian.

Would have to improve a lot to become a player.

Just dnt know if he is down on confidence or this is what we traded for. makes me nervous.

Just on Dea, probably cost us 3 goals in the first and by implication any chance of winning the game. Moves OK but I remember saying that piking a basketballer who played 3 TAC cup games as speculative. Although he might have some attributes it is clear he has no idea. Most of his error were just stciking a hand out to interfere with a Richmond possession or the panicked handball. Clearly hasn't played enough footy. Looks like he will play again next week so lets hope he swims rather than sinks.

If the debuts play again next week and Collins is in fact injured, I'd also drop Farmer, Rance, Hislop, White and bring in Cousins, Thursty, Polo, Newman and Roberts. I'd also drop Tuck but wont happen. Hopefully Foley pulls up OK and is ready for Geelong. King BOG today apparently.

lamb22 said:
He was terrible Geoffrey, got turned easy, little pace. no real pressure applied in any marking contest, missed tackles and his kicking is pedestrian.

Do you think that was the reason why Hardwick shifted him up forward?

lamb22 said:

Just dnt know if he is down on confidence or this is what we traded for. makes me nervous.

Just on Dea, probably cost us 3 goals in the first and by implication any chance of winning the game. Moves OK but I remember saying that piking a basketballer who played 3 TAC cup games as speculative. Although he might have some attributes it is clear he has no idea. Most of his error were just stciking a hand out to interfere with a Richmond possession or the panicked handball. Clearly hasn't played enough footy. Looks like he will play again next week so lets hope he swims rather than sinks.

If the debuts play again next week and Collins is in fact injured, I'd also drop Farmer, Rance, Hislop, White and bring in Cousins, Thursty, Polo, Newman and Roberts. I'd also drop Tuck but wont happen. Hopefully Foley pulls up OK and is ready for Geelong. King BOG today apparently.

Agree with all that. Farmer is showing nothing. Has been nothing short of terrible every week.

Dea, long way to go. Long, long way. Didn't kick it once today. Didn't want too. Project. Felt shocking for the bloke, he cost us three goals in the first quarter that gave Melbourne a platform to build on. The Dee's were sturggling in the first half. I think they got 7 out of there first 9 goals from Richmond errors. The second half they smashed us with there run and spread but we should have been 5 goals up at half time.

Turnovers and missed set shots at goal.

Out : Hislop, White, Taylor , Post ( needs a confidence builder at the Burgers ), Collins ( injured ?)

In : Cuz, Polo, McGuane, Thursfield , Newman

lamb22 said:

didn't want to say it Lamb but I told you so. My take on the burgers today.

Kingy was very good today, he's better than VFL standard but I guess thats where it ends. But he does deserve to be recalled.

Browne: was dominate in the tap outs in particular the second half where the burgers got on top, but doesn't provide much around the ground.

Webberley; He is a goer but his kicking let him down today. Too much air in his kicks which allow the opposition time to cut off his passes. Also believe he does not have the body type yet to play down back. After today's performance, I don't think he will get a call up, but on the other hand DH may just give him a shot based on previous performances.

Polo:, did some nice things. Kicked 2 goals and set up 4. Received a bad corky in the 3rd Q so he struggled to run the game out.

Cousins: Racked up the possesions but didn't have a huge influence, was rotated on/off the bench quiet a lot.

Nahas: Yes I know he's my love child but he has finally got his mojo back. Played a fair bit in the midfield. Had 3 crucial clearances in the last q, which set up 3 goals. He and Roberts worked beautifully together. And yes he did stuff up one crucial turnover which resulted in Frankston kicking the winning goal, but overall his disposal was the best I have seen in a while

Roberts: My boy finally put some defensive pressure. Was rewarded on one occasions and kicked a goal from 50. His skills today were on display. Beautifuly weighted kicks. Sensational. But he still needs to get his fitness up.

McGuane: Usual display. A couple of nice runs out of defence, but nothing major.

Gus: See Browne

Let me know if I missed anyone

Outs: Hislop, Edwards (too many mistakes), Post (give him a rest), Rance
Ins: Cousins, Thursty (if fit), Newman (if fit), Polak

White Lightning said:
didn't want to say it Lamb but I told you so. My take on the burgers today.

Kingy was very good today, he's better than VFL standard but I guess thats where it ends. But he does deserve to be recalled.

Browne: was dominate in the tap outs in particular the second half where the burgers got on top, but doesn't provide much around the ground.

Webberley; He is a goer but his kicking let him down today. Too much air in his kicks which allow the opposition time to cut off his passes. Also believe he does not have the body type yet to play down back. After today's performance, I don't think he will get a call up, but on the other hand DH may just give him a shot based on previous performances.

Polo:, did some nice things. Kicked 2 goals and set up 4. Received a bad corky in the 3rd Q so he struggled to run the game out.

Cousins: Racked up the possesions but didn't have a huge influence, was rotated on/off the bench quiet a lot.

Nahas: Yes I know he's my love child but he has finally got his mojo back. Played a fair bit in the midfield. Had 3 crucial clearances in the last q, which set up 3 goals. He and Roberts worked beautifully together. And yes he did stuff up one crucial turnover which resulted in Frankston kicking the winning goal, but overall his disposal was the best I have seen in a while

Roberts: My boy finally put some defensive pressure. Was rewarded on one occasions and kicked a goal from 50. His skills today were on display. Beautifuly weighted kicks. Sensational. But he still needs to get his fitness up.

McGuane: Usual display. A couple of nice runs out of defence, but nothing major.

Gus: See Browne

Let me know if I missed anyone

Nafan?

Farmer looks a worry. I hope they dont keep playing him because they traded for him and feel they have to.

lamb22 said:
Nafan?

Farmer looks a worry. I hope they dont keep playing him because they traded for him and feel they have to.

How could I forget.

Foles got better as the game went on, In particular the 3 Q where cleared out of the centre on 2 occasions running into the forward 50 resulting in 1 goal and an assist. Some really nice clearances out of the stoppages as well. May get a call up depending if the selectors believe he has the fitness or do they give him another week in the 2's. Me personally What do we have to lose if he plays in the 1's

thegdog said:
Out: Simmonds White Hislop Dea Rance Tambling
Ins: Cousins Newman Mc Guane Polo Nahas and Browne

Report from the Coburg game is that McGuane Struggled. I would give him another week if Thursty is fine.

lamb22 said:

You should be nervous Shaun the Sheep. If Craig Cameron thinks that recruiting extremely ordinary footballers like Farmer, Thomson and Hislop will help this horribly struggling club improve then we are in more trouble than anyone thought.

funky said:
add farmer to that list

I thought Farmer played a respectable game for a 5th or 6th gamer...people tend to forget that he's not some seasoned player who was getting heaps of games for Port. He's as wet behind the ears as most of our 18 yr olds are, needs time and will improve.