Injury watch 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury watch 2015

CarnTheTiges said:
Yes, it was. I saw Lambert do that, hospital job from Morris. I got the two kind of confused because it happened in the same game.

Funny that because it was the morris tackle that injured TVs knee and ankle a few weeks ago.

Chimptastic said:
Originally they had him returning about 6 weeks before the end of the season. Now it's indefinite, so it's been slower than expected. Even if he speeds up in the second half of the recovery period, I'd suggest it's too risky for him to return at all this year. It will only happen if he thinks he can be part of a premiership.
Seriously no offence intended but logically: If this team gets us to a grand final, who would we drop to rush back Ricky Petterd?

Here you go Stylo, this was on the RFC website on April 28.

he was 6-8 and now 7 weeks later he is 5/6.

You were right!

Ice said:
per rfc website

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news-and-media/injury-list

Drummond Knee Seaso
Petterd Foot 10-12 weeks
Knights Hamstring 9-11 weeks
Butler Knee 6-8 wee
Lambert Shoulder 5-6 weeks
Griffiths Calf 1-3 week
Deledio Calf 1-2 weeks
Chaplin Calf Test
Newman Back Test
Grimes Hamstring Available
Conca Hamstring Available

Ah, cheers DDT. It's a bummer, was looking forward to his contributions this year. Think he'll be a Dimma favourite in future.

tuesday injury update from the RFC site

Drummond - knee R5 - Season
Petterd. - foot R2 - Indefinite
Foley - knee R5 - Indefinite
Butler -knee R1V- 4-5
Conca Hammy. R8V. 3-5
C Ellis. Hip. 2-3
Hampson. Knee. 2-3
Knights hammy R3. 1
Castagna. 1-2
Astbury. OK

1 in - 1 out it seems.
Astbury is right to go but Corey hurt his hip.
Hampson is finally listed now injured.
Knights is closer to return than reported apparently and that's fantastic news.

Drummond, Petterd and Knights are on the LTIL. Have we rookie replaced any of them?

In the 3121 function room, Max Bailey mentioned before the game that Short could get a game later this year.

YinnarTiger said:
Drummond, Petterd and Knights are on the LTIL. Have we rookie replaced any of them?

In the 3121 function room, Max Bailey mentioned before the game that Short could get a game later this year.

Thomas arnott lambert have all been upgraded for a total of two games.
I'm not sure if one of the rookies gets back graded because Knights is back.

Im not that clear on rookie rules.

I remember some Essendon angst because they upgraded peverill and he was a sensation, but they had to drop him because the injured player recovered.
They probably tried to re-injure him

DirtyDogTiger said:
Thomas arnott lambert have all been upgraded for a total of two games.
I'm not sure if one of the rookies gets back graded because Knights is back.

Im not that clear on rookie rules.

I remember some Essendon angst because they upgraded peverill and he was a sensation, but they had to drop him because the injured player recovered.
They probably tried to re-injure him
Thomas was upgraded? I don't recall that being announced so not sure on that one.

Lambert was upgraded at the start of the season due to us going short on our main list (so he didn't replace anyone). Arnot upgraded against Melbourne so not sure if he replaced anyone or we had a second free spot on the main list like we did last year.

RFC_Official said:
Rookie upgrades for this year have been Lambert (PS) and Arnot (for Petterd).

Long term injury list is Knights, Petterd and Drummond.

so we can upgrade someone for Drummond plus another for the mid-season upggrade.
so we can, if we choose, upgrade 2 of Thomas, Short, Castagna and Soldo.
we may want to leave one spot open though in case Pettard returns and we want to keep Arnot on the senior list.

round 12
Teams are in
Welcome back Dave astbury.
10 guys out

Butler -knee R1V- 4-5
Conca Hammy. R8V. 3-5
C Ellis. Hip. 2-3
Hampson. Knee. 2-3
Knights hammy R3. 1
Castagna. Ankle R8v 1-2
Elton (2 in a row? - not injury listed).

Post round 12 midweek update

Butler -knee R1V- 3-4
Conca Hammy. R8V. 2-4
C Ellis. Hip. 1-2
Hampson. Knee. 1-2
Castagna. Ankle R8v 1-2
Knights hammy R3. test

Elton (2 in a row) still not injury listed

If we can get lucky, we could have the vast majority of our list back in three weeks.

How the hell do the Hawks or any team for that matter, only have two injury listed players halfway through the season? What the hell is in the water at Lourdes, erm I mean Waverley.

TigerMasochist said:
How the hell do the Hawks or any team for that matter, only have two injury listed players halfway through the season? What the hell is in the water at Lourdes, erm I mean Waverley.

This time last year they weren't that well off, had plenty of injuries & to key players as well

You can not possibly have any other opinion on arnott.
Hes total garbage, and we should sack the stevie wonder recruiter who afl listed the worst current afl player, the guys not clearly even up to vfl level, one reason our vfl teams record is *smile*.

Richmond Injury List - 30/06/2015

Nathan Drummond Knee Season
Nathan Foley Knee Indefinite
Ricky Petterd Foot Indefinite
Dan Butler Knee 2-4 weeks
Reece Conca Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Corey Ellis Hip flexor 1-2 weeks
Jason Castagna Ankle 1-2 weeks
Todd Elton Knee Test
Shaun Hampson Knee Test
Chris Knights Hamstring Available

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news-and-media/injury-list

round 12
Teams are in

Welcome back Chris Knights!!! :clap
Also Hammer and Elton

7 guys out

Butler -knee R1V- 2-4
Conca Hammy. R8V. 2-3
C Ellis. Hip. 1-2
Castagna. Ankle R8v 1-2

Take out the first year players and Weve only got three players missing!

Get thru these next 3 weeks with 3 wins and minimal damage and we should be...dare I say...locked and loaded.

The VFL squad should be immensley strengthened with the return of Hammer (McJesus can play up forward again), Elton down back and Knights adding some silk to a pretty average team.