Injury watch 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury watch 2015

I'm Not so sure, because he hasn't made an announcement.
I don't think he'd intend pulling the pin, and not get it out there, retire and get on with life

I may be wrong

It's a shame to lose griffiths (1 week) Vickery (2) edwards (3) over the last two games because we were almost back at full strength

Given That We just got Knights back, and c Ellis and conca return this week in the VFL.

Id plan to consider

Griffiths & Knights (sub) v fremantle

Vickery and C Ellis for the Hawks

Edwards & conca back for Adelaide

And sacrifice something substantial to the injury gods to appease them.
Maybe mal brown Greg miller or that president we had before Gary March

post round 14 Tuesday update

I just watched the VFL report on roar vision
Dea 'was a bit tight' and sounds right to play, as does Lloyd this week for the VFL
Clarke said Castagna will play too along with Cory Ellis and conca.
I'll amend the list accordingly

Drummond - knee R5 - Season
Short - Ankle Season
Petterd. - foot R2 - Indefinite
Foley - knee R5 - Indefinite

Edwards R14 Fibula. 2-4
Vickery. suspension R14. 2
Elton. Knee. 1-3
Butler -knee R1V- 1
Griffiths. Shoulder Test
Castagna. Ankle R8v Test
C Ellis. Hip. OK
Conca Hammy. R8V. OK
Maric. Suspended. OK
Dea Ok
Lloyd Ok

Petterd and Foley are the ones of most note here.

Petterds lisfranc fracture in his foot is not a straight forward injury, and can be quite difficult to get right for elite athletes especially.

Not quite as ominous as the dreaded navicular but still ominous in its own right and difficult to get right.

Unlucky for Ricky im sure his was from having his foot stomped on or jumped on.

Lisfranc fractures can also be complicated as are most fractures through the small bones of the foot. Heavy load on them and poor blood supply for optimal healing

It could well be a career ender if it doesnt come good.

Foley could be getting further behind the 8 ball as each week passes too.

Those in the know will be paying alot of attention to these 2 injuries.

Here's a photo of the disco -

2108971.jpg

craig said:
Foley could be getting further behind the 8 ball as each week passes too.

You'd think at nearly 30yo Foley's time is done. Doesn't get any easier. He's dropped off the last couple of years in the games he has managed to play (compared to his historic output). As harsh as it is, it's better to put game time in the younger players from this point forward.

Will be interesting to see how they bring back players this end of the season . This week playing Ashbury don't get that must be match ups with Freo next week will C Ellis get a gig ?

DirtyDogTiger said:
What's the deal with birregurra?

I dated a girl from Birregurra about 30years ago. She was quite open about the fact there are a few familes in Birregurra with suspect offspring. Come to think of it, she was very close with her brothers....

Does anyone have specific details of Axels knee injury? Being out for the whole season so far is ominous as I think he is out of contract at seasons end. A pity but by the sounds of the RFC silence his time has come.