Injury watch 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury watch 2015

Cant take a trick ( Knights), I am buying in that we need to rest him and keep building the strength in his hamstring. Bloody gets himself in the most awkward leg position both the dislocated cap in 2013 and the hamstring rip this year. Run straight lines Chris :) no turning, no bedning the knee more than 45 deg... Imagine/Hope a fit, Christ nights leading to September with with solid form on the seniors... Likewise a fit Conca!!!

injury update

Drummond - knee R5 - Season
Short - Ankle Season
Petterd. - foot R2 - Indefinite
Foley - knee R5 - Indefinite
Griffiths Finger. 8-10
C Ellis. Foot. 4-6

Edwards Leg. 1-2
Knights. Sore Test
Hammer. Ankle. Test
Thomas. Head. Test

RFC website says Griffiths out for 8-10 weeks due to surgery to repair a tendon in his finger. Season over.

Corey Ellis also out for 4-6 weeks due to minor surgery for a foot injury. Would also think season over; particularly if it's 6 weeks.

Injuries starting to bite this year. Griffiths has been disappointing this season but was looking forward to seeing Corey's silk in the latter part of the season. Hopefully he gets it right for a massive pre season.

injury update

Short - Ankle Season
Griffiths Finger. 8-10
C Ellis. Foot. 4-6

Edwards Leg. 1-2
Knights. Sore Test
Hammer. Ankle. Test
Thomas. Head. Test

2 players out for season?

7 news headlines claiming 2 players possibly out for season . Griffiths and C Ellis. The report didn't back the season ending situation up though.

Starting to look like injuries will have a major bearing on our season this year. Far to many long term injuries to the core of our mid range players, plus some up n comers, just leaves the cupboard very bare when looking to replace the occasional late season one or two week minor injury niggle.
If we cop some niggles to our better players we are going to be replacing them with third tier fringies or blokes that have missed most of the season already n that's going to cause some serious hurt.

round 17 v hawthorn

Both teams named

9 players out

Short - Ankle Season

Griffiths Finger 8-10
C Ellis. Foot. 4-6

Edwards Leg. 1-2
knights. Leg 1
Hampson. Ankle. 1

Go tigers!!

Rancey18 said:
Knights out again? :-\

Would love to see him string some games together but its looking extremely dire for Knights next season.

Hope I'm wrong though!

tigerdave said:
Would love to see him string some games together but its looking extremely dire for Knights next season.

Hope I'm wrong though!
Reckon the body's unfortunately cooked his career. Can't see how we could possibly extend his contract after three years of constant injuries. He's 29 end of this season n things aren't going to suddenly start developing for him.

TigerMasochist said:
Reckon the body's unfortunately cooked his career. Can't see how we could possibly extend his contract after three years of constant injuries. He's 29 end of this season n things aren't going to suddenly start developing for him.

Yeah,not looking good!

TigerMasochist said:
Yeah unfortunately I cant see us extending it either. Maybe worth a shot on the rookie list to see if he can somehow turn it around next season.

Rancey18 said:
Yeah unfortunately I cant see us extending it either. Maybe worth a shot on the rookie list to see if he can somehow turn it around next season.
He's not going to torn it around. Times up.