Injury 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury 2024

Yes thought the same
Why so many??
I think it’s either a random spread of accidents or poor technique when moving under load or doing weights. I’m no physio but I think it points to the butcher of punt road getting his meat tenderising hammer out, or maybe disabling for consumption later.

Question needs to be asked about Naismith. Why did we pick up a injury prone ruckman?
Surely a another ruckman would have been a better choice.

Reactions: 1 users
Question needs to be asked about Naismith. Why did we pick up a injury prone ruckman?
Surely a another ruckman would have been a better choice.
It's funny you bring up Naismith.
I was just watching some footy highlights and it showed the Boyd goal in 2016 GF.
Naismith caused the turn over that ended up in Boyd's hands.

From the injury list comments it looks like we will be holding a few players back to be cherry ripe for our MUST WIN game against North to get number 3 pick in the draft instead of pick 1, but I think we can all agree on here creating a winning culture is more important;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Interesting to see Clarke back running but Gibcus not yet. Thinking Clarke’s was quite a few weeks later. Guess they’re being conservative.
Injuries were about a month apart, rounds 1 and 5. Some will progress quicker, some might have setbacks or being more conservative with Gibcus.

From the injury list comments it looks like we will be holding a few players back to be cherry ripe for our MUST WIN game against North to get number 3 pick in the draft instead of pick 1, but I think we can all agree on here creating a winning culture is more important;)
If we lost to Collingwood
( With Koschitzke and Ryan sharing the ruck and forward line duties )
Then we lock in a bottom 3 pick

Weeks would matter if the ACL had exactly the same damage

Maybe Gibcus had a more severe injury
Yep. It's also very difficult to strengthen things like tendons n ligaments rather than muscles. We're dealing with two completely different player types, one being a 180 cm 75 kg rodent and the other a 196 cm 100 kg behemoth. Massive difference to the loads going through the knee joint

Reactions: 3 users
Looks like we’ll have a full list available for Mad Monday.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Brown & Green out for rest of the season with ankle injuries. McAuliffe test with hip injury. Ross & Fawcett likely available for VFL selection.

• Angry
  • Sad
What a season we are having, two more out with end of season injuries, one AFL player (Ross) back for a manged AFL game, Fawcett may play his first managed game at any level for the club and Pickett with a slight hamstring strain as a test. I will be glad when this injury plagued season is over and we can get our players fit for next season

Just a mega season from hell. The last few years have been terrible, but this year has been a year beyond belief.

I don't think anyone outside of Richmond fans truly understands the level or gravity of injuries we've had - even many Richmond fans don't, I reckon.

We've been smashed like no other team in a season that I can ever remember. Nobody's even come close to the sort of year we've had.

Just end it already.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
If we don't improve this S&C team, we'll be gone for seasons. Injuries are too continuous.

Just a mega season from hell. The last few years have been terrible, but this year has been a year beyond belief.

I don't think anyone outside of Richmond fans truly understands the level or gravity of injuries we've had - even many Richmond fans don't, I reckon.

We've been smashed like no other team in a season that I can ever remember. Nobody's even come close to the sort of year we've had.

Just end it already.
And people still bitching we arent top 4.