Injury 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury 2024

The AFL has a real issue on their hands with ACLs in the AFLW. Have they done anything to address it or are they sticking their heads in the sand?
It would appear female anatomy around knee structures can’t stand up to the rigours of AFL football.
And yes I understand that men suffer them too but believe the numbers are significantly higher with the woman

True in professional women's soccer as well.

Although this season has been an injury hell for us, it has also been useful in finding who we have on the list who will make it and who will probably not. It also shows to holes in our list we need to fill

Reactions: 1 user
We need big changes in the fitness and rehab area of the club and it appears Yze has given them the' Drive by' as well:

Yze lamented the sheer number of injuries the club had to contend with in his first season at the helm, and will be focused on preventing such a massive injury list next year.

"There's some management around our soft tissue that we weren't good enough as a club, let alone our fitness staff, then there's obviously the guys that have gone and done a knee or rolled ankles and things like that. So, there's ones that you can't control," Yze said.

"When you add all those things up, we've had a horrendous season on the injury front, so yeah, we'll be looking at all those things and as a footy club, that's what we need to do.

"We've got to have best practice in coaching, fitness, and training."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
There is an old adage when you work in elite sport that when the coach is under the pump the first thing they'll do is blame the fitness staff

I'd be throwing money to bring Rob Inness back, or there is a great guy at Collingwood who could be gettable named Dean Filopolous.