Injury 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury 2024

Dunno why everyone is complaining about injuries this year. Sausage has played every game so far. Injuries, phhhht hardly worth noticing.

At least we have an excuse with injuries what's Melbourne's and Gold Coast excuse??View attachment 23754
I'd be interested to know how this is calculated. Is it on all players on the list? If so, while its still damning, it might be somewhat misleading. For example, would anyone say we would be materially better if Colina and Fawcett had been available for 21 or 22 games?

Then there's the counterfactual. For example, would we have had a better year if Dow had not been available all season?

Reactions: 3 users
Here’s a list of games missed from injury based on “best 22” according to Champion Data:

IMG_0626.jpeg

I'd be interested to know how this is calculated. Is it on all players on the list? If so, while its still damning, it might be somewhat misleading. For example, would anyone say we would be materially better if Colina and Fawcett had been available for 21 or 22 games?

Then there's the counterfactual. For example, would we have had a better year if Dow had not been available all season?
You do have a point, but the next table of games missed by "best 22" (shouldnt it be "best 23 now?) is also flawed cos it doesnt factor in games missed by players who would replace injured players.
A guy like LeFau mightnt be "best 22" but once Lynch is out he probably is.
Guys like Clarke, Gray and Young probably would have played plenty if fit.

Reactions: 2 users
You do have a point, but the next table of games missed by "best 22" (shouldnt it be "best 23 now?) is also flawed cos it doesnt factor in games missed by players who would replace injured players.
A guy like LeFau mightnt be "best 22" but once Lynch is out he probably is.
Guys like Clarke, Gray and Young probably would have played plenty if fit.
Agree, good point.

Here’s a list of games missed from injury based on “best 22” according to Champion Data:

View attachment 23765
So if I'm not being overly brain fart old geezer. That basically means we're missing 8 of our best 22 players every single week of the season so far.
Then if we factor in all the players of the AFL list as some 245 games missed for the year, that's 12 players every week unavailable through injury for seniors and magoos footy which required us to scrounge up fill in players from wherever to be able to field a magoos team.
Absolute horror show of an injury season.

Just a mega season from hell. The last few years have been terrible, but this year has been a year beyond belief.

I don't think anyone outside of Richmond fans truly understands the level or gravity of injuries we've had - even many Richmond fans don't, I reckon.

We've been smashed like no other team in a season that I can ever remember. Nobody's even come close to the sort of year we've had.

Just end it already.
Only a few weeks till the Champo and then the EPL kick off Redders succor is at hand

Speaking of …. Which players are expected to be ready for pre-season training
Dunno. But, the half dozen blokes with knee reco's won't be ready for pre season start, Tommy Brown might also be a late starter depending on how much work goes into his shoulders.
Then at a guess, I suppose none of our retirees or delisted players will be ready to turn up for our pre season start either.

Reactions: 1 user
For Richmond, McKinnon's torn ACL marks the 10th knee reconstruction at the club this year, across the AFL (five), VFL (three) and AFLW (two) programs. 😱😱🤬

• Sad
For Richmond, McKinnon's torn ACL marks the 10th knee reconstruction at the club this year, across the AFL (five), VFL (three) and AFLW (two) programs. 😱😱🤬
At least we know our rehab team will be experts in the field by now.

Just keep him away from our wheelchair team. Those champs (and I mean it, they're fantastic) have enough on their plate without his "help".

this is bad. really bad.

• Sad