Hunt or Folau??? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hunt or Folau???

Who would you prefer at the RFC if you had to choose one!

• Folau

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Hunt

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters
ZeroGame said:
His work ethic has been discussed in the papers before as his majory flaw as a developing player
However with his current work ethic, even if you do say it's poor, he's the best player in the NRL

If you go to Storm forums and there is debates about him being the best player at the Storm ,

He is a very good big game player,

grand finals, State of origins, test matches, or big occasion must win games, which still comes in bloody handy obviously,

But in between there are games when you hardly know he is on the field ,

Unlike Slater, Smith and Cronk who front for every single game,

That has to be an attitude thing, there are times when motivation seems to be an issue,

But of all the NRL players I would think Inglis is the type of physical freak that AFL clubs would love to get there hands on

I heard a rumor that our very own Jordan McMahon is considering a switch to Ballet.

The Australian Ballet Academy sees great potential and believe he has all the moves to be a true Ballet superstar.

id go Jarryd Hayne. The kid is a deadset FREAK! uncanny evasion (good prepheral vision) and he can kick a ball incredibly well.

nwonash said:
I heard a rumor that our very own Jordan McMahon is considering a switch to Ballet.

The Australian Ballet Academy sees great potential and believe he has all the moves to be a true Ballet superstar.

I know someone who works there, I'll find out.

kiwitiger said:
If you go to Storm forums and there is debates about him being the best player at the Storm ,

He is a very good big game player,

grand finals, State of origins, test matches, or big occasion must win games, which still comes in bloody handy obviously,

But in between there are games when you hardly know he is on the field ,

Unlike Slater, Smith and Cronk who front for every single game,

That has to be an attitude thing, there are times when motivation seems to be an issue,

But of all the NRL players I would think Inglis is the type of physical freak that AFL clubs would love to get there hands on
Every coach in any sport would give his left one and probably both to have a genuine big game star. Home and away seasons are generally long drawn out slogs and it's virtually impossible for an individual player to be a star every single week. But a player like Inglis, who can seriously rock when everything is on the line is worth his weight in gold.

If inglis comes to the AFL, I have no doubt that he can make an impact.
He is built to be an athlete and he can play anywhere. His a class act in league, but he will take a couple years to adapt, but he can do it.

hunt can at least kick it properly

folau or whatever his bloody name is cant even kick it properly yet

ZeroGame said:
Article in the Herald Sun saying that Essendon are in discussions with his management to get him to come to AFL
Saying he doesn't want to leave Melbourne after moving his whole family down here
Hmmm.. can somebody please explain how Inglis can join the bombers with out going through the draft?

willo said:
As a player that has never been registered
Forgot about that, didn't some basketball player get on a list that way?
Any other players going around atm that have been snared this way?

Billy slater won the goal kicking challenge (against lingy) in that sportsman show on channel 9 and was winning the overall comp when i was watching. Seems an all round talent, but too old 2 start from scratch?

Thought I heard that Folau isn't committed to his contract next year. If he chooses he can play rugby next year. Where can I get a contract like that? I have a good leap too ;D well used to.

Uncle said:

Nope, just that guy that Collingwood ( ?) picked up.

GoodOne said:
Thought I heard that Folau isn't committed to his contract next year. If he chooses he can play rugby next year. Where can I get a contract like that? I have a good leap too ;D well used to.
You sure that isn't a mix up with the 2 year option he had at Brisbane for 2011-12?

Uncle said:

tigertim said:
Nope, just that guy that Collingwood ( ?) picked up.

Isn't this the rule that foreign players like O'Rielly get recruited under?

What about that Canadian Rugby player at the Swans, the ruckman? Did he get nabbed using this rule?

Streak said:
Isn't this the rule that foreign players like O'Rielly get recruited under?

What about that Canadian Rugby player at the Swans, the ruckman? Did he get nabbed using this rule?

You mean Mike Pyke? He was an international rookie.

Didnt Collingwood sign a guy "off the books" because he wasnt a registered player with anyone? There was some instance like this that they did and were lauded for "thinking outside the square"!

ZeroGame said:
You sure that isn't a mix up with the 2 year option he had at Brisbane for 2011-12?

GC president (or was it CEO) was on SEN and basically stated it, he is not committed if he wants to play rugby, but his contract would reflect that decision monetary wise. Would have thought he would need every second he could get learning the caper.