Grand Final Entertainment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final Entertainment

Legends of 1980 said:
It's not unusual
My, my, my Delilah Gillon?
Why, why, why Delilah Gillon?

Mind you - I couldn't care less and never watch the GF "entertainment"

This thread obviously missed Meatloaf in 2011..... :hihi

I must admit that Peter Allen's song still sticks in my mind when GF entertainment is on. You rarely hear 'Still call Australia home' on the radio unless it's on one of those AM band stations for over 60s.

You never know, maybe that ol' Welshman could sing Thunderball at the GF... ;D

The only potential entertainment at the GF is the game itself. And thatthe game is "entertaining" is debateable at times.

Scrap all the pre-game crap, including the national anthem, and just get on with the footy.

JimJessTorp said:
The only potential entertainment at the GF is the game itself. And thatthe game is "entertaining" is debateable at times.

Scrap all the pre-game crap, including the national anthem, and just get on with the footy.

That wouldn't suit the corporates who make up 80% of the crowd

Super bowl entertainment. .beyonce rolling stones. Madonna u2 bruno mars to name a few
Afl grand final angry Anderson. .mark seymour
Kath and kim...what a joke.

funky said:
Super bowl entertainment. .beyonce rolling stones. Madonna u2 bruno mars to name a few

Don't forget the Waverley high school dancers.

Doubt they would've asked Katy Perry to perform this song during our 3 GFs. SHocking would've made sure.

1721901776333.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Karaoke Please Stop GIF by Travis
I’d say she might have some special auto tune happening.
She’s a shocker live..

Big difference what you get when you only wanna pay 100 grand instead of 20 mill for performers. Still, I'm guessing old mate Dilligan has opened the purse strings this year n paid a shitload for Katy on the comeback trail who's shiny new album is tanking badly at the moment.
Wonder if we're gunna have a female Meat loaf moment this year.

Wow! So no love for the Island Boys?
Failagain AFL

IMG_2680.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Seriously who gives a flying *smile* about the “entertainment”? The game is the entertainment. If you go to a grand final to watch Katie Perry you are missing the point.

I hate the AFL pandering to the “theatre-goers”.

Reactions: 4 users
Any person who attends the GF solely because of the half-time entertainment is wasting a ticket that should have gone to a genuine footy fan

Reactions: 2 users
Just for old times sake, here's something I wrote in response to Meatloaf's performance a few years back...

Meatloaf is off the Menu

According to a doctor I know, when someone is being kept alive only because of life support, and close relatives agree to turn it off, it is standard procedure to actually turn it off. Judging from Meatloaf’s performance at our recent AFL Grand Final, standard procedure is not always carried out. Instead, a decision was made to continue with life support. This was done via a tiny, portable machine disguised as a chunky lump of chewing gum attached to the inside of The Loaf’s lower teeth. In this way, what’s left of life can be prolonged by a few hours.

Another doctor I know has violently disagreed with this version of events, saying that, quite clearly, Meatloaf had recently passed away and then been the subject of a partial exhumation. I say partial because they were not able to exhume his voice, it having well and truly passed through the long tunnel of tunelessness and beyond the white light. Unbeknowns to all of us in the audience, we were, in fact, witnessing a medical, if not musical miracle.

(By the way, if you were fortunate enough NOT to see and hear – especially hear – Meatloaf’s massacre of his own mediocrity, and wish to create some context for this post, you may care to sample a few random moments from this clip.)

So there he is ... Meatloaf ... trashing the world’s appreciation of fine music, one stadium at a time. Little did we know that the best part of the pre-match entertainment was going to be the ‘Welcome to Country’. Actually, we must be grateful Meatloaf wasn’t scheduled for the POST-match entertainment, as thousands may have been killed in the stampede to the exits.

If we subscribe to the view that every cloud has a silver lining, there must be a positive we can pluck from this trainwreck. And there is – since this low point in Australia’s ceaseless campaign to showcase its cultural sophistication to the world, it has been revealed that Meatloaf’s performance is to be screened on large, seaward-facing monitors along parts of coastal Western Australia, in order to repel asylum seekers.

The other obvious positive is that, for a few minutes at least, our collective feeling of aghastness, (if there is such a word, and even if there’s not that’s how we felt) caused us to forget about our other worries ... worries such as global warming. However, if the Meatloaf mess is a foreshadowing of what’s to come at future Grand Finals, then sea levels can’t rise fast enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users