Grand Final Entertainment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final Entertainment

BrisTiger24 said:
Hey, we've got a proud reputation to uphold. We own the GF sprint. Let's get involved. So, who's running this year?
I reckon it should be Jake King. Put him off scratch, put 7 Pies players in front if him (including Didak) and watch him mow through the lot of them.

Why did the AFL want to keep Farnham's appearance a secret?  I heard a bloke on the 774 challenge early Saturday morning who'd just been to the Farnham concert in Hobart and said it was supposed to be hush, hush but John had announced would be performing at the Granny.

Anyway I enjoyed the 3 singing together, along with the lovely Lisa.  It would have been good live if you were sitting near them.

SCOOP said:
Wow. Welcome to the 1987 remix.

Never let it be said that the AFL are not catering to the people's wants and needs.

Got this one wrong. The under stated Grand Final Entertainment was much better then the over the top crap that is on offer most years.

The best entertainment used to be the curtain raisers before the main event.

rosy23 said:
The best entertainment used to be the curtain raisers before the main event.

there were curtain raisers scheduled to be played before the Grand Final, but they made the decision to move these to Visy Park Friday arvo given the heavy rain (there was the concern for the centre being chopped up too much).

Yeah I realise that T74. I should have specified the VFL and Under 18 grand finals.

SCOOP said:
Got this one wrong. The under stated Grand Final Entertainment was much better then the over the top crap that is on offer most years.

Agreed Scooper.
I thought the three veteran musos singing together was great chemistry.

Jersey boys might be a good show but their singing of the national anthem was :vomit weak and prissy.

I had no idea who was doing the GFE as I couldn't give a proverbial about it. Just get the game on I reckon.

When I did see who it was my first thought was that there would be zimmer-frames and wheelchairs lined up three deep out thee back of the stage and that the pensioner parking garage would have been full to overflowing.

I can't even think of an alternative GFE booking that I would actually *like*. I just hate them all!

Same for the National Anthem.

Just sound the siren, blow the whistle, bounce the ball and get the game underway! Stop p!ssing around!

Fun Ha!

Liked it this year.

I think they have finally worked out that they don't need to be like the US and go for the biggest thing they can put together.

Less can be more.

A bit of music people enjoyed. Simple advanced Australian Fair etc. It seemed to work well.

No need for hundreds of kids waving flags and blow up footballers and people on stilts etc that have been embarressing in the past.

This year was much more simple. No embarressing moments and it seemed to work well and be overall enjoyable. It might not have been everyones cup of tea muically, but the concept worked.

Why why why Mclachan.....

In saying that I recon ole Tom Jones would be good value. As long add the grannies keep their knickers on.