Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Next time he asks you that before playing his own shot, tell him that he's breaking the rules by doing so. 2 stroke penalty.

He'll stop doing that pretty quickly.

(And if you answer him, you're also adjudged a 2 stroke penalty.)
Not when playing as a pair in ambrose though?

Yeh, understand you cannot share info about clubs before a shot in any sort of singles event.

Not when playing as a pair in ambrose though?

Yeh, understand you cannot share info about clubs before a shot in any sort of singles event.

No ambrose is fine, (other teams events also), but reading your post you sort of indicated this guy does it all the time.

Reactions: 1 user
Slow play and phones, another pet peeve of mine
Don't get me wrong I love Miscore
But
Millennial gets to the tee, pulls out his phone, punches in the scores, then checks whatever insta/snapchat/email.

Hey bozo are you going to hit the ball?

Millennial chucks his phone on the bag, grabs his driver and hits the ball.

Off we all go, marching down the fairway

Millennial gets to his drive, looks for his phone to get the distance to whatever and realizes he's lost the thing.

Now we all have to retrace our journey to find his phone

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Slow play and phones, another pet peeve of mine
Don't get me wrong I love Miscore
But
Millennial gets to the tee, pulls out his phone, punches in the scores, then checks whatever insta/snapchat/email.

Hey bozo are you going to hit the ball?

Millennial chucks his phone on the bag, grabs his driver and hits the ball.

Off we all go, marching down the fairway

Millennial gets to his drive, looks for his phone to get the distance to whatever and realizes he's lost the thing.

Now we all have to retrace our journey to find his phone
Or, millennial is staring at his phone walking down the fairway ....at a snails pace. Millennial keeps staring at their phone as playing partner hits, meaning there's one less set of eyes watching where the ball goes. Put 4 millennials together, on their phones, and you get behind them, then good luck.

To be fair, there's a lot of septuagenarians and octogenarians (like Mr Burnside), who are just as bad. Their phones ring, they make calls, they can't work their phone properly etc.

I'd prefer the use of phones to be banned on the course, but you can't given MiScore and such. Bring back the ole scorecard !

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey Red, how is 7 mile beach looking?
Funny you ask that. One of my mates down there who is friends with Goggin said to me the other week that Goggin thinks it'll be open for play late November-December. Will still take a few years to bed in properly obviously.

Some of their most recent Insta pictures suggest it's looking pretty good.

1725486481910.jpeg
1725486499005.jpeg
1725486518802.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Looking good. I'm actually a fan of this project.
Barnbougle is now crazy expensive, so 7 mile should be a great alternative.
Golf, footy, MONA, good food and lots of options

$200 ish for a game. $250 plus to stay if you share
So a weekend is over a grand plus food, flights and getting there from Launceston

Apparently our American visitors love Barnbougle and KI, it's cheap in their $

Great to see Wallace win again on DP Tour. He's a super talent, always thought was a future major winner.

Comes across as a decent guy, he really ground out that win.