Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

spook Wins 2024 PRE PGA Championship !

Yes, forget the secondary results for a moment at Valhalla, the mushroom grower from the north wins the 2024 PRE PGA Championship. Well done 'ole spoof. You cleared out in the 3rd round and nobody could catch you. -78. A PRE golf record score. Getting all 8 through certainly helps. Welcome to the Champions Club.

Moops gathers a few shots on spoof with the best round of the day (-23), but it was a big ask. Well done on finishing 2nd old boy at -69 overall. Wyndham let you down I feel.

3rd place and the final podium spot goes to Sammy Cougar coming in at -55 just ahead of angle ankle in 4th who finished at -53.

2nd best round of the day goes to Tigerman with a -22. Geez you were all over the place this week Toigs. You had a good top 5 but the other 3 killed you in the first two rounds.

mainlandy and I finish equal 2nd last. I might have celebrated too hard after the Masters.

There were some really good value picks made by players this year. Detry, Lowry, MacIntyre, Kitayama, Svensson, Blair and Wallace to name a few.

The average score for the 4th round was 69.25 +2 shots = 71.25 therefore a par round was allocated for those players missing the cut.

As always, check your scores. Once again the dheads at the PGA of America used 2 tees despite there only being 78 playing. Sends online Leaderboards (and my mind) crazy.

Wild event. Crazy crazy scores. When Johnson Wagner said 20 under would win, everyone laughed at him. Course and set up is coming in for a bit of criticism. Still, outsanding golf from Souffle, De Chumpo and Hovland. Did the Louisville Police cost Snuffler a major ? Arrest him again I say !

See you in a few weeks at the US Open at the famed Pinehurst No.2 in North Carolina. And you better watch out: Moops and I know that course like the back of our hands. Tell em Moops....tell em.

But for now, congratulations again to spook for being the 2024 PRE PGA Champion.

Good day suckers.

1716183570687.png

1716183586782.png
1716183612703.png

Reactions: 5 users
@spook tacular performance mate, outstanding effort! A job very well done.

Great job as always by our host, another fantastic event.

And as Red said good luck to you all trying to beat us at Pinehurst. Prior playing knowledge there will hold us in good stead.

Can’t wait!

Reactions: 2 users
@spook tacular performance mate, outstanding effort! A job very well done.

Great job as always by our host, another fantastic event.

And as Red said good luck to you all trying to beat us at Pinehurst. Prior playing knowledge there will hold us in good stead.

Can’t wait!
Thanks Colin Moopsgomerie! Keep pluggung away, you'll get there! (Or maybe not)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
pick first & second (no one had either) & i cant get near it.
system overhaul?
yeah yeah i have no depth....why do i keep hearing that?

congrats spook unbelievably good selections.
thanks red for the fun again.

Reactions: 1 users
Nobody likes a long acceptance speech.

I am the greatest.
Great work, especially impressive getting all through the cut and not nominating anyone that finished Top 4. Lowry as your best performer, whodathunk?

Although you know it is the weakest major right?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Great work, especially impressive getting all through the cut and not nominating anyone that finished Top 4. Lowry as your best performer, whodathunk?

Although you know it is the weakest major right?
I know. I'll win the second-worst one next time.

• Haha
I reckon Soufflé thought he’d missed that putt on 18. It wasn’t a great stroke.

But anyway, it was a great round under the gun. Top shelf.

Didn’t I win the BO or one of the others a few years ago ?

There’s a job for you Toigs: the PRE Major Champions Honour Board.
2021 - PGA - tigerman....page 161
2021 - US Open - MD Jazz...page 170
2021 - The Open - BT Tiger & scottyturnerscurse - tied....page 188
2022 - Masters - Tenacious...page 239
2022 - PGA - angle ankle...page 248
2022 - US Open - Tenacious...page 261
2022 - The Open - Tenacious...page 284
2023 - Masters - tigerman...page 328
2023 - PGA - BT Tiger...page 343
2023 - US Open - angle ankle...page 357
2023 - The Open - angle ankle...page 366
2024 - Masters - Redford...page 397