Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Shuffles and cupcakes have shockers on the easiest scoring day so far.

Should be an exciting final round

Shuffles catholic guilt appears to have caught up with him.

Wonder if he is going to acknowledge god's role in his poor round today?

He was bound to have a letdown after the huge adrenaline spike and massive effort of concentration the day before.

More importantly though, how far in front am I now after Lowry's 62? (Parred the last when everyone was birdieing it and a birdie would have given him the lowest round in major history. Bummer.)

3rd Round Scores 2024 PRE PGA Championship

She's on baby ! Another topsy turvy day at Valhalla. And we have a break away leader in the PRE Championship.

Lowry goes beserk. Snuffler stumbles big time and has a huge effect on the PRE.

At Valhalla, 8 players are within 3 shots of the lead going into the final round with 1 or 2 perennial par shooters that never seem to get it done (e.g. Xander) and some boom or bust players (e.g. De Chumpo, Theegala). Who knows what'll happen but Xander is going to have to buck his final round medicority and go low to win because someone in the top 10 is gonna shoot -6 or better.

But the much more important PRE Championship sees spoof, thanks to Lowry, Thomas and Theegs, shoot a best round -20 and take a strong lead at -58 overall......a full 12 shots clear of me ole mate Moops on -46. Lift Moops !

Sammy Cougar is the biggest mover of the round going from 7th to 3rd at -43 thanks to a round of -17.

Mr Burnside is 4th at -35.

Me other old mate Miles Davis cant get anything going today and slides from 3rd to 5th. Still a chance for a podium though Miles.

Beets, myself and Danners still at the tail trying to avoid the spoon.

Had to make a couple of adjustments after the 2nd round because a couple of players finished late or withdrew. KH Lee withdrew so I gave mainlandy the 2nd round average score plus 2 which was a 73 i.e. +2. Zac Blair finished late with a -5 and not -3 so Billy24 picks up 2 extra shots with him. Valimaki also finishes late with a +1 and not +2 but it doesn't affect Miles' overall scoring.

Players not making the cut recieved a +1 score with the 3rd round average being 69.55 plus 2 shots = 71.55 = 72 for a +1 result. (Par 71 course).

Check your scores. This has been an extremely difficult Championship to score. Multiple double surnames, players finishing late, players withdrawing, players going off different tees in every bloody round (which **** up most online scoreboards with asteriks) and over 150 players to manage.

Can anyone catch spoof in the most bizarro Championship ever tomorrow ? It's set to be another unpredictable, wild, final round I reckon. Goodluck !

1716116795719.png

1716117046040.png

1716117065158.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
appreciate the scoring nightmare but...
xander had -3 3rd round not +2 as scored for me.
this would have my cumulative 3rd round @
-4 decham -3 xander -2 zalatoris +1 +1 +1 = -6 (not -2) = -36

yipee!...4 more
still fd tho.
kudos to lowry pickers spoof & cougar
:oops:

yipee!...4 more
still fd tho.
& mopsy' depth

yipee!...4 more
still fd tho.
Duly updated.

Shuffles catholic guilt appears to have caught up with him.

Wonder if he is going to acknowledge god's role in his poor round today?
Nah, apparently Big Hughie* was too distracted by some other stuff going in Ukraine and Gaza to pay attention to Rd. 2 and Shuffle's sins. But once he caught up by Rd. 3 ... His wrath fell down upon the Snuffler.
No hope from here. Damned!

[ *Or may have been The Holy Ghost - whichever Shuffles believes in. But heavy penance to follow]

Lot of pressure on X. Can he finally come through in the final round ?

Think Hovland and De Chumpo could be the low round dangers. Maybe Theegs if he stays calm.

Rose 42/1 just 3 back.

Meanwhile, my lad Min Woo Lee had not 1, not 2 ... but 3 chip-ins in his third round!! Unbelievable, that's how you inflate your score to look a hell of a lot better. I'd happily take one every 5th round, but 3 in one round in a major, and one out of thick rough. Amazingly fluky.

But go Herbie, Woo and (disappointing) Cam Smith. Lucas is within reach of a 'podium' finish.

Well done Xander.

I wish someone had slapped that little kid who was saying "can I have the ball" on repeat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Huge performance from souffle after his botching of 10. Thought he would choke it from there, all kudos to him.

Reactions: 1 users
Great win Xander.

Course will have it's critics but it provided a fun and exciting tournament.

Reactions: 1 user
Great win Xander.

Course will have it's critics but it provided a fun and exciting tournament.
Yeh, it was really a Par 68 most days for these guys. Would have been good to see tougher playing conditions. Super generous fairways, thought it would be a bit tighter.

I'm sorta glad Souffle won. He's been a good player for a long time without converting. Finally, at last, he did what he needed to do in the final round and got it done. Great final round. Started off with a bang and never looked back.

I reckon he'll go on with it from here. He won't be Snuffler-like but his victory rate will improve from here on, no doubt.