Get off your high horse Caro! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get off your high horse Caro!

pebsy54 said:
I am a bit surprised that March gets away scott free. He has been in charge of the club for maybe three years. Surely he has to take some responsibility for where we are. I'm always surprised that the board walk around without taking any blame. There are still people who sit on this board who have been there throughout. The bucks stops with them.

March is the one who made the hard calls and got rid of Miller & Wallace. He was also the one to get Benny in as CEO. So far he has overseen the positive changes, don't know why you would want to blame him for the current issues. Stability at Board level is good for the club, all of the successfully clubs have this.

ZeroGame said:
So you saying we have no supporters, no money and no ground to play on?

You know what he means.

I would argue we are worse.

We certainly are as uncompetitive as Fitzroy were in their last year.

But I would argue we are worse because as you rightly pointed out, Fitz had no supporters, no money, no ground etc etc. They had reasons why their club struggled and eventually died.

We are *smile* on the field because we basically just *smile* up!

I think Caro in this case was trying to help the club, mostly she's causing trouble, but not this time. Her article today is largely along the same lines. However if anyone wants help from Demetriou and the AFL forget about it, not only does he rule out giving Richmond any draft assistance he also hints that the clubs poor performance this year means that they will be further penalised when the fixturing for next year roles around. Wants Richmond to succeed my arse! He wants someone to fall over so he can start culling the Victorian based teams, looks like he's hunting Tigers.

pebsy54 said:
I am a bit surprised that March gets away scott free. He has been in charge of the club for maybe three years. Surely he has to take some responsibility for where we are. I'm always surprised that the board walk around without taking any blame. There are still people who sit on this board who have been there throughout. The bucks stops with them.

I don't think they're hiding from that pebsy, in fact March has put his hand up. He's also said there's no use lingering in the past. Put it behind us and move forward. We're in a far stronger off-field position that we've been in for years. As for the coaches they were stuck with Wallace due to Casey and Millers scheming. As soon as it was appropriate the current board got rid of him and got Hardwick. Whether that's a success or not is yet to be seen, as it would be with any new coach.

Amusing thread really. I didn't see the program and wouldn't have a clue from the posts here whether Caro was batting for us or against us. I'm sure some would get stuck into her no matter what she says.

nwonash said:
sometimes the truth hurts.
Richmond is worst than Fitzroy were.

After 6 rounds in their final season the Roys had lost all six by an average margin of 65
After 6 rounds in 2010 the Tigers have lost all six by an average margin of 64

On that basis I reckon we're bloody close to being as bad as the Roys but not worse.

rosy23 said:
Amusing thread really. I didn't see the program and wouldn't have a clue from the posts here whether Caro was batting for us or against us. I'm sure some would get stuck into her no matter what she says.

she was actually a lot more balanced on this today on AW

caller rang up and complained that she never lets up on the club. In reply, she commented that she got a head of steam up last night, and probably pushed too hard on the past issues. Then noted that her intent was not to dwell on the past, but point out the issues the club faces today are not caused by the current administration.

Also commented that she understands the issue of RFC may have been raised (directly or indirectly) at the commission meeting. Key issue is the subject of priority picks for future years. On us, seems like they don't know what to do. Don't want to get involved and give preferential treatment, but at the same time don't want to cause us to sink further.

Tiger74 said:
Also commented that she understands the issue of RFC may have been raised (directly or indirectly) at the commission meeting. Key issue is the subject of priority picks for future years. On us, seems like they don't know what to do. Don't want to get involved and give preferential treatment, but at the same time don't want to cause us to sink further.

But that's just the issue. We should only be getting what Carlton and Melbourne (who both obviously cheated by the way) have got in recent years. Pick one for finishing last and a priority pick around late teens. In no way whatsoever would it be preferential treatment; it would be equal treatment. To not get these picks is unequal treatment.

Ridley said:
But that's just the issue. We should only be getting what Carlton and Melbourne (who both obviously cheated by the way) have got in recent years. Pick one for finishing last and a priority pick around late teens. In no way whatsoever would it be preferential treatment; it would be equal treatment. To not get these picks is unequal treatment.

Exactly!! we don't want special treatment, just to be given the same opportunities that all other clubs have been given. Why does the AFL think that a team that finished with less than 4 wins 2 years running required a priority pick to help then back, but because of the new teams, we suddenly don't require those picks??

RFC not KFC said:
After 6 rounds in their final season the Roys had lost all six by an average margin of 65
After 6 rounds in 2010 the Tigers have lost all six by an average margin of 64

On that basis I reckon we're bloody close to being as bad as the Roys but not worse.

In 1993 the Swans opening 6 games produced 6 losses with an average margin of 74 (they had 1 win that year)

She was ask a few weeks back on sports tonight (3aw) if she was a paid up member of the RFC?.... her response was NO!.... funny that, considering her past history (her father) and the fact that she says she has a soft spot for us and her daughter/s barrack for the Tiges.
I mean she would'nt be short of a Dollar would she?... she has a few jobs on the go... The Age, Sports Tonight, FC, and who knows what else she does for money?..... her hubby (political reporter) Brendon Donohue could help her out if she is was doing it tough.

A a caller said to her tonight on Gerard and Dwayne's program... PUT AWAY THE RICHMOND VOO DOO DOLL CARO!.

I say,Where's the love Caro?.... Buy yourself and your kids a Richmond membership ;)

CarnTheTiges said:
I think Caro in this case was trying to help the club, mostly she's causing trouble, but not this time. Her article today is largely along the same lines. However if anyone wants help from Demetriou and the AFL forget about it, not only does he rule out giving Richmond any draft assistance he also hints that the clubs poor performance this year means that they will be further penalised when the fixturing for next year roles around. Wants Richmond to succeed my arse! He wants someone to fall over so he can start culling the Victorian based teams, looks like he's hunting Tigers.

This might be true but it would be financial suicide. A couple of years with Richmond in the finals along with scum, scum and scum (you know who they are), would shatter attendance records. If RFC disappeared I would no longer follow the sport AT ALL. I make no apology for that.

RFC not KFC said:
In 1993 the Swans opening 6 games produced 6 losses with an average margin of 74 (they had 1 win that year)

In 1950 the Hawks managed an average losing margin on 70 in the first 6 rounds. Managed to get this down to 57 points in a winless season.

CarnTheTiges said:

'While the AFL will not guarantee a repeat next season of the opening game of the year that Richmond and Carlton have played for the past three years, Demetriou said the Tigers' lack of competitiveness would not be harshly punished in 2011's draw."

that is the only quote in the article that refers to richmonds fixture. im not sure how that hints we will be punished in next years fixture.

i could mention fitzroy early 1991 and the improvement they showed into 92-93 but people seem a bit sensitive about comparisons to fitzroy...

RFC not KFC said:
In 1950 the Hawks managed an average losing margin on 70 in the first 6 rounds. Managed to get this down to 57 points in a winless season.

In 1949 the Hawks lost the 1st 6 games by an average of 57 points

Dexter said:
i could mention fitzroy early 1991 and the improvement they showed into 92-93 but people seem a bit sensitive about comparisons to fitzroy...

First 6 rounds for the Roys in 91 were all losses with an average margin of 72 points. They had 4 wins for the year (including one against the Tigers)