Get off your high horse Caro! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get off your high horse Caro!

We will get a poor draw marketing wise ( no Fri nights etc ) and therefore find it very hard to attract sponcers and members etc.

And we didn't this year?
In rounds 1 to 7 we play away games in Sydney, Perth, Adelaide and Kardinia Park.
Then our "local easy" games are against 2 finals contenders (Blues and Dogs) and our really easy match is against an improving Demons outfit.
Even a good side would struggle with this fixture.
Collingwood for example have only travelled to West Melbourne the poor buggers!
And yet, we managed 40K+ membership and an increase in sponsors $'s.

I'm not saying we are better than it appears - we aren't - but our members know the score - unlike the media - and we still sign on in droves.

Go Tiges.

Tigers of Old said:
Not it's not. She is just pushing her agendas again.
AFL handouts clearly is not the direction that the club has chosen to take. Caros wants us to go looking for them.
She may even be right but we need the club to be united and look ahead and that means putting faith in those in charge to do their jobs uninhindered.
Wilson however wants us to go in a different direction which may or may not be in our best interests. That's not constructive IMO.

agree again mate

Also worth reading her article today. Demetriou clearly says in it that (a) RFC have not asked for favours, and (b) pretty much says they wouldn't be getting any anyway.

I was in favour of the question being asked, but if you already have the answer there is no point banging on about it. We ain't gunna get extra picks now Demetriou has said so, and we will just embarrass ourselves if we push that barrow

Happy on this one that the club is out of sync with caro

B1 and B2 said:
I watched a bit last night and heard what she said last night..

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Whats wrong with this woman!!![/size][/size]

Richmond have admitted they have got it wrong over the past 10 years...

They are working on it and it will take time. What part is it that she finds it hard to understand..

Does she think it is going to change in a pre season??

We will be very ordinary on field for the next 2-3 years and yes Caro we still may make mistakes but hopefully less.

Now leave us along Caro and stop always hunting for things that Richmond fans and people already know...

We are a strong club and do not need people like you. Will be interesting if we can get a couple of wins together soon what she has to say..

Move on Caro and find another club that will put up with your trash talk..

Richmond will not bite at you as we are better than that..

:clap B2

Maybe she's just peeved with the types of Wallace and Miller still being PAID as so called "experts" while their gutless media mates refuse to hold them accountable for what they did to us. It's all back-slapping boys club while everyone ignores the elephant in the room that is the RFC. No media commentator makes them accountable during interviews. Everyone conveniently forgets how they destroyed the club.

Maybe it sickens her the way it sickens me. Wasn't Wallace on the radio last week explaining how to rebuild a club? Give me a break.

Demetriou firm in his belief that to grant the club discretionary priority picks ''sets a very poor precedent for teams who've made mistakes in the past."

Yet giving priority picks to teams that deliberately rort the system does not set a very poor precedent?

Yes our recruiting has been poor however one of our other mistakes was not making the most of our opportunities as Carlton & Melbourne have done in ensuring they got priorities.

Tigers of Old said:
Not it's not. She is just pushing her agendas again.
AFL handouts clearly is not the direction that the club has chosen to take. Caros wants us to go looking for them.

A direction the club hasn't gone publically. I'm happy for Caro to push for it independent of the club which is what she appears to be doing.

Tigers of Old said:
She may even be right but we need the club to be united and look ahead and that means putting faith in those in charge to do their jobs uninhindered.
Wilson however wants us to go in a different direction which may or may not be in our best interests. That's not constructive IMO.

Based on last night she doesn't want the club to do anything. She wasn't pushing for the club to make a request, she's pushing the AFL.

TigerFurious said:
It was great to see Wilson push her point and hold previous coaches, recruiters and administrators accountable for our current plight.

It was not an attack on the club, she was targeting former coaches and administrators who ran the place in to the ground.

agree. she's also pushing for us to get some draft concessions - a good thing

I noticed in the article that Demetriou says we will not be harshly penalised with the draw nest season as a result of how bad we are. Is it possible that with the club not asking for help that Caro is starting a little campaign that whilst the AFL is committed to the GC and are not going to help us with draft concessions that they go easy on us with the draw so at least whilst we are doing what we can to rectify the situation we have got ourselves they may do us a favour or two with the draw thus helping us with finances without actually helping us.

Tiger74 said:
Also worth reading her article today. Demetriou clearly says in it that (a) RFC have not asked for favours, and (b) pretty much says they wouldn't be getting any anyway.

I was in favour of the question being asked, but if you already have the answer there is no point banging on about it. We ain't gunna get extra picks now Demetriou has said so, and we will just embarrass ourselves if we push that barrow
Exactly 74. Of course we want extra picks but we ain't going to get them so may as well focus energies towards other areas instead of crying over spilt milk.

brigadiertiger said:
I noticed in the article that Demetriou says we will not be harshly penalised with the draw nest season as a result of how bad we are.

on this, I reckon we will suffer a bit

- not expecting to have the season opener in 2010 with Carlton - too big a game for us to sustain with other clubs putting up much better performances

- may get our byes at times like the Easter/ANZAC mega long weekend

Seventy odd thousand attendees for the first home and away game each year suggests we will get it again!!!!!!!!!!!

Mappa said:
Seventy odd thousand attendees for the first home and away game each year suggests we will get it again!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, but both games we provided a pretty average playing performance and got belted. Not great viewing for TV based footy fans

AFL would want a great match to open the year, and I'll be surprised if we are given another shot, given another drubbing is very likely round 1 next year

Tiger74 said:
yes, but both games we provided a pretty average playing performance and got belted. Not great viewing for TV based footy fans

ANZAC day match (Collingwood vs Essendon) wasn't a great spectacle. Produced a big crowd and a lot of $$$ though.

Barnzy said:
ANZAC day match (Collingwood vs Essendon) wasn't a great spectacle. Produced a big crowd and a lot of $$$ though.

people still watch though - apparently it is a "special event" regardless of result (don't get me started on that!)

also remember ANZAC Day is "owned" by the Pies and Dons according to Maguire (I'm sure our vets will be pleased to know that)

Forget Caroline, my beef is with Craig Hutchinson. He has been targeting Ben Cousins for weeks now on a number of shows. Whether you like or dislike Cousins (and I like him) he is contracted for this season, why undermine that?

The guys is a total flog who showed how his freindships with people (such as promoting Brian Waldron last week) conflicts his position as a journalist.

One last thing on the journos. Having seen Damien Barrett on the footy show, is their a normal person amongst them? Not one person in the media I have seen would pass the have a beer at the pub test. In others words, they are all such flogs there is no way you would shout them a beer or enjoy their company at a pub. You would instead avoid them like the plague. How do they get these media jobs?

getbacktoglorydays said:
Forget Caroline, my beef is with Craig Hutchinson. He has been targeting Ben Cousins for weeks now on a number of shows. Whether you like or dislike Cousins (and I like him) he is contracted for this season, why undermine that?

The guys is a total flog who showed how his freindships with people (such as promoting Brian Waldron last week) conflicts his position as a journalist.

One last thing on the journos. Having seen Damien Barrett on the footy show, is their a normal person amongst them? Not one person in the media I have seen would pass the have a beer at the pub test. In others words, they are all such flogs there is no way you would shout them a beer or enjoy their company at a pub. You would instead avoid them like the plague. How do they get these media jobs?

one of my friends frequents the local Hutchy drinks at.........you wouldn't be sharing a beer with him :hihi

poppa x said:
And we didn't this year?
In rounds 1 to 7 we play away games in Sydney, Perth, Adelaide and Kardinia Park.
Then our "local easy" games are against 2 finals contenders (Blues and Dogs) and our really easy match is against an improving Demons outfit.
Even a good side would struggle with this fixture.
Collingwood for example have only travelled to West Melbourne the poor buggers!
And yet, we managed 40K+ membership and an increase in sponsors $'s.

I'm not saying we are better than it appears - we aren't - but our members know the score - unlike the media - and we still sign on in droves.

Go Tiges.

I hear what you are saying.

Not a great marketing fixture this year. But will probably be worse next year. Would expect to lose season opener and have no fri night games. Probably not many Sat nights either and mostly get Sundays.

And as I said earlier, sponcers want exposure and to be associated with winners. We have done a great job this year. I am just saying it will be an even harder task next year. If they can increase membership and sponcership in 2011, they will have done a fantastic job.

Just will prove that the club is currently being run well. Unfortunately our problems are caused from previous people no longer there, both on and off the field.

Just on your point about who we have played, we have got a little unlucky there. Syd, Freo and Melb in the 1st 6 games looked chances for a win. I don't think anyone would of predicted that Syd and Freo would be top 4 after 6 rounds, and that Melb would be doing as well as they are. Those 3 games went from chances to win to difficult.

The past is done and dusted. Can't do anything about it now.

My concern is the future....our list is the worst in the competition and we won't have the opportunities to draft numerous good players over the next few years, as other bottom teams have in the past.

We are relying so heavily on this current crop of youngsters becoming A graders that if they don't, or if only a handful do, we are in strife in the forseeable future. And history suggests that more of our young brigade will end up being no good than those who become A graders. And we can't keep going back to the well and recruiting more and more with the compromised drafts. We have limited abilities to trade- who would give up high draft picks for the players we want to get rid of, and we are relying on a recruiting department to find hidden gems with low draft picks and in other leagues. Well, every other club will be trying to do the same thing.

Off-field things may be better now than the past, but that doesn't mean much if we ain't got the players. On the field we are in the *smile* and will be for quite a while yet.

Boy we dont like Caro, TV game day commentators , footy journalists , telling like it is - sit back for a while and relax going to be a long cold winter

The only thing that made me sick about our last few years and the mess associated with it was that miller and Wallace came out blaming everyone but themselves. But the show must go on... And it was good to see we are just looking forward and no one at the club now has blamed the past. Hardwick is tough and improvement will come. No 1 picks don't get you success, hard work ad developing kids does. Look at freo and sydney with the new kids they have injected. Carro is right to say what she says but having the inside word when she might just have the inside knack of talking crap is was brings pressure on people that don't need it.

The chief football writer at the other paper allows himself to be the conduit for this sort of self-serving drivel:

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=39500.0

I'll take the brutal honesty thanks :wavey