Game day Tiges v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Tiges v GWS

There was certainly more effort put into the match today but still a way off what is needed to win matches. What the coaches have got to do is hone those basic footy skills that let us done week in week out

Reactions: 1 user
Just got back from the game.

Thought we competed pretty well. 17 more inside 50's says we probably did. Just didn't have any key focals to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

We also got burnt on their transition. They ran the ball back down the ground with ease at times. Just too slow to get back the other way and defend. Miller had his first stinker of the year.

Anyway, we had a dip and Green and Trezise looked comfortable. Banks was ok. Hopper good and didn't get injured. They were my biggest positives.

Just got back too. The above is a fair assessment, though I'd add Kosi and Hugo to the positives list for today too.

Short was awful though, how bad does he need to be to finally be left out of the side, sure his stats look ok, Lots of average disposals, half arsed 1 arm tackles etc.

Reactions: 8 users
There was certainly more effort put into the match today but still a way off what is needed to win matches. What the coaches have got to do is hone those basic footy skills that let us done week in week out

We are going to add to our cattle at the end of the year, we can't magic them out of thin air. At the end of the day, all we can ask for is effort at the moment, generally we aren't as good as the other opposition in pretty much every game we are playing at the moment.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got back too. The above is a fair assessment, though I'd add Kosi and Hugo to the positives list for today too.

Short was awful though, how bad does he need to be to finally be left out of the side, sure his stats look ok, Lots of average disposals, half arsed 1 arm tackles etc.
Lots of ball watching hoping a team mate will do the work and get it to him so he can dink it 15m or hack it high in the air.

Reactions: 1 users
We are going to add to our cattle at the end of the year, we can't magic them out of thin air. At the end of the day, all we can ask for is effort at the moment, generally we aren't as good as the other opposition in pretty much every game we are playing at the moment.
Less bovines and more skilled players please

• Haha
Lots of ball watching hoping a team mate will do the work and get it to him so he can dink it 15m or hack it high in the air.

Even some of those dinky 15m kicks he turned over too.

His stats look ok (74% DE%) but I wished the AFL gave the more important retained ball %. Those long hack kicks that he does to a contest go down as effective disposals if they travel over 30m (I think 30m is right), but we don't retain possession from many of them.

His stats look ok (74% DE%) but I wished the AFL gave the more important retained ball %. Those long hack kicks that he does to a contest go down as effective disposals if they travel over 30m (I think 30m is right), but we don't retain possession from many of them.
The one on the Southern Stand side was utterly deplorable. It was a training drill kick -maybe 20m zero pressure - and couldn't get it done.

Geez Jack G is a trier. He gives it his all and really plays some great team football!

Any team would be lucky to have him in their side!!!
Played 2 good games. Calm down.

The senior players really look like they are labouring through the last half of the season, making silly mistakes. Rioli had a number of howlers, and Flossy a few typical brain farts.

We are a lot more competitive with Taranto, Hopper and Prestia in the middle. Shame Taranto won't play next week (presumably) so that they can get some continuity together. It must be a shock for the team to be competitive in the middle - it might explain why we have no structure going forward or seemingly a game plan. Interesting to compare with the run and directness of the Giants.

Just feels like we don't have a single player that can spark the team or lift the team to fight out the game. Perhaps this is part of the transition before we bottom out, but we look aimless. Back in the dark days guys like Coughlan or Tuck were capable of doing it. But no one looks likely right now.

Anyway, quite a few positives and a bit bizarre we dominated the I50's.

Now back to reading the draft thread!

Again proves the stats to be misleading & in a lot of cases useless!

The senior players really look like they are labouring through the last half of the season, making silly mistakes. Rioli had a number of howlers, and Flossy a few typical brain farts.

We are a lot more competitive with Taranto, Hopper and Prestia in the middle. Shame Taranto won't play next week (presumably) so that they can get some continuity together. It must be a shock for the team to be competitive in the middle - it might explain why we have no structure going forward or seemingly a game plan. Interesting to compare with the run and directness of the Giants.

Just feels like we don't have a single player that can spark the team or lift the team to fight out the game. Perhaps this is part of the transition before we bottom out, but we look aimless. Back in the dark days guys like Coughlan or Tuck were capable of doing it. But no one looks likely right now.

Anyway, quite a few positives and a bit bizarre we dominated the I50's.

Now back to reading the draft thread!
We get cameos from Hugo or Steely, but the player that can spark them isn’t on the team. Maybe we haven’t drafted him yet.

Played 2 good games. Calm down.
No way. The Crows or PAdelaide would be VERY LUCKY to have him on their team!

If they offered a second rounder, perhaps a 2nd and pack of chips, I could understand the club moving him on...

What I noticed was the skill, speed and agility of so many small/medium GWS players and the marking of their talls in attack and defence. We should get 1 or 2 good mids in this draft but it's going to take 4-5 years to get to their level bc our young guys aren't good enough yet.