Game day Tiges v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Tiges v GWS

I agree not a good idea, there was only one opponent quite a distance away. Any other backman would have stood their ground or inched forward a little if they had one ounce of awareness and the mark would have been taken, not step backwards. Probably the silliest thing Nanks did was pass to Short thinking that Short would somehow benefit us with his disposal.

Anyhow it's history. It just highlights the bigger issue of Short's continual lack of true competitiveness.
Woul have gone 3 feet over his head instead of 2. Not defending Short generally, it was a slow high kick from our best player on the day

We got a pack of bluggers out there a core of our senior group. How many today stood up and all season 2 or 3 . The worst part is their skills and turnovers.

Nothing on Yze today we played well just let down by a certain group. Kids are playing their part obviously not going to get 4 quarters understandably, but gez I'm filthy at our senior group.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still trying to figure out how Samsonite got another 3 years!! Blight would have been a better option up forward

Reactions: 1 users
Junk kicks from Whitfield hasn't been a devastating game IMO
You're trying to defend Kmac's game because he apparently minded Whitfield. Whitfield had 35 disposals, 29 efficient. Kmac had 8, 6 effective. Long shot of an argument if you ask me. Kmac has been ok last few games but his last two have been very poor, there's no sugar coating it.

Reactions: 2 users
Woul have gone 3 feet over his head instead of 2. Not defending Short generally, it was a slow high kick from our best player on the day
It was nowhere near 2 feet over his head. Hands out in front going at it at top of his head level. He wanted to cup it into his chest so back-tracked. Either no awareness or scared.

Agreed. Got involved, made better decisions, executed.

More of that please.
Banks was literally invisible in 1H.
Got some outside touches in 2H - big deal.
Shrinks from body contact and takes his eye off the ball when the heat comes.
These are not AFL traits.

A couple of Miller's bad moments haven't been helped by Brown's refusal to come in and impact the contest.
Yeh, that is my knock on him, he is very athletic but refuses to go and impact those one one ones. He could have smashed the ball out a few times when Miller was one on one with Hogan.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got back from the game.

Thought we competed pretty well. 17 more inside 50's says we probably did. Just didn't have any key focals to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

We also got burnt on their transition. They ran the ball back down the ground with ease at times. Just too slow to get back the other way and defend. Miller had his first stinker of the year.

Anyway, we had a dip and Green and Trezise looked comfortable. Banks was ok. Hopper good and didn't get injured. They were my biggest positives.

Reactions: 6 users
after the non-free kicks to Hugo and Baker in our goal square our momentum was killed...

then they get a soft free that gets them into their forward 50 and a goal...

what could have been a 13 point difference becomes 25...

I'm a little bummed out by this

Reactions: 9 users
Competitive effort; much better than recent weeks. Tried hard and had more scoring shots. But ultimately our skill level lets us down and opponents kill us on turnover.

That’s the lot of a poor team which is certainly what we now are.

Reactions: 3 users