Game day Tigers v Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Tigers v Suns

Weirdly lacking in intensity.

Did what we had to do.

Onward to a genuine danger game.

A few players out of form. That first half was pathetic. Really should have belted them by 20 goals. We really lack speed. At least half a dozen or so running around do not deserve to be wearing the jumper.

I suspect we could've put the foot down if we really wanted to.

We maintained defensive structures for four quarters and I'm happy with that.

I thought we'd hit back hard after the loss to Adelaide and plenty of guys stood up and proved that was an aberration. Wanted to see us do that to GC ever since they came into the competition. Finally get them at home and whaddayaknow? The team in the 8 that's in trouble is Norf, who we just eclipsed to take 6th spot. They play Freo, the Dogs and us, all at Etihad. If we can record good wins against the Pies and the Dons, then I reckon Norf may be ripe for the plucking in Rd 23. We kicked 22 goals, despite someone predicting 7.17 and people still aren't happy. Maybe we should have won by 100, but I'll take 83 points and the percentage boost.

Also a bit surprised that people are still not happy after an 83 point win. We did what we needed and then some. Really liked Lambert and Lennon today, thought they really added to their growing reputations. Lloyd was really good around goals.

Loved Dustys nonchalance with the 2 goals in the last and Jack made me laugh right at the end when sgnalling to the goal umpire to give Ty's last goal after the siren.

mrposhman said:
Also a bit surprised that people are still not happy after an 83 point win. We did what we needed and then some. Really liked Lambert and Lennon today, thought they really added to their growing reputations. Lloyd was really good around goals.

I'm not, some people just aren't happy unless there's something to be unhappy about. On the atmosphere/intensity though, it always feels a bit strange to me playing the likes of GWS or GC - there just aren't enough opposition fans making noise.

mrposhman said:
Loved Dustys nonchalance with the 2 goals in the last and Jack made me laugh right at the end when sgnalling to the goal umpire to give Ty's last goal after the siren.

:hihi

Loved Dusty's shenanigans playing on and kicking the goal from the free kick and having to take it again on a tighter angle - OK no problem. Bang. Goal.

antman said:
I'm not, some people just aren't happy unless there's something to be unhappy about. On the atmosphere/intensity though, it always feels a bit strange to me playing the likes of GWS or GC - there just aren't enough opposition fans making noise.

:hihi

Loved Dusty's shenanigans playing on and kicking the goal from the free kick and having to take it again on a tighter angle - OK no problem. Bang. Goal.

Liked his last one too, take mark just outside goal square, shall I go back and kick it? nah I'll just do it from here.

antman said:

How's that *smile* dumpire not letting him play on. ;D

After a poor first half, team played better in 2nd half assisted by opposition injuries. Still made far too many mistakes that have to be corrected to make the finals, let alone be competitive.

Chaplin was well beaten by Lynch (would love him at our club rather than Charlie Dixon) and our non-existent pressure on the opposition ball carrier, especially in the first half, was too poor. At least the finishing today was far better, but again this was aided by an opponent who lost interest after we scored the first three goals after half time.

Lennon continues to improve (just don't expect him to win too much contested ball) and his kicking is excellent & it looks like we've found another player in Lambert. Next week will be a big test for many of these players against a team that we have struggled against for a fair while.

We played ok but despite the big margin it was so-so performance.
Makes a massive difference when you convert and kicking 22.6 we did that today which was pleasing.
Got it done, no injuries and a much needed percentage boost.
Not much else to say except Pies next week..

The one thing that hacked me off on the game day commentary was Maguire kept on banging on that Lynch should have had six goals. Yes he could have and maybe should have but he didn't so do't keep banging on about it. Other players of both sides missed goals. The man is a clown

zippadeee said:
Chaplin is our Achilles heel. Slow, gets beaten countless times one on one.

How did Grigg go today?

And overall how would you rate his season?

axlefoley said:
A few players out of form. That first half was pathetic. Really should have belted them by 20 goals. We really lack speed. At least half a dozen or so running around do not deserve to be wearing the jumper.

Which team are you referring to - certainly not the tigers, perhaps Carlton or Melb

We didn't get out of about 60% yet we won by over 80 pts - never seen the tigers do that before.

MB78 said:
How did Grigg go today?

And overall how would you rate his season?

Grigg played OK - Kicked at least one great goal from the boundary line (may have got two) - did some great link up play to