Game day Tigers v Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Tigers v Suns

RemoteTiger said:
Antman do you believe the bruise free footy we played against the Suns will be the style needed to beat the Swans, Bulldogs, Hawks, Weagles, Freo? Or for that matter the Kangaroos or the Crows?

You have a better eye for football than most and I am sure you know the truth about the Richmond game yesterday.

Yes and the Hawks game tells you about how we approach games with top sides.

RemoteTiger said:
Antman do you believe the bruise free footy we played against the Suns will be the style needed to beat the Swans, Bulldogs, Hawks, Weagles, Freo? Or for that matter the Kangaroos or the Crows?

You have a better eye for football than most and I am sure you know the truth about the Richmond game yesterday.

horses for courses

smashed a side playing soft footy - great - beat Hawks and shouldva beat Freo playing hard pressured game - this team can adapt and knows how to play

Finals - hopefully in 4 weeks we will know the answer to that.

On that note, watching Thomas - even though he got plenty of ball and kicked a goal - it is a worry the suns made him look slow at times and I don't think he will be our answer against a finals opponent.

Thomas is the answer when were riddled with injuries. Hopefully we'll have a bigger squad come finals time.

Baloo said:
Thomas is the answer when were riddled with injuries. Hopefully we'll have a bigger squad come finals time.

Yep. Stop gap measure. Hence why he is a (elevated) but rookie list player. Elevated when needs call for it. Did his job for that game. Gave Miles (and Cotch to an extent), a badly needed breather.
I'm confident better skilled, quicker players i.e. Sheds maybe Conca will come in when fit and ready.

RemoteTiger said:

Thanks RT... No I don't, but I'm pretty confident we can turn the switch back to defensive finals style grind when needed. TBF Dimma did say tackling effort was poor in the first half. If we did that I'm sure the winning margin would have been lower too though.

I'm a bit fiesty after all the negativity pregame particularly around the selections.

willo said:
Yep. Stop gap measure. Hence why he is a (elevated) but rookie list player. Elevated when needs call for it. Did his job for that game. Gave Miles (and Cotch to an extent), a badly needed breather.
I'm confident better skilled, quicker players i.e. Sheds maybe Conca will come in when fit and ready.
Well said Willo, nothing wrong with bringing in a battering ram for a few games while others are out

antman said:
That reminds me, where's Toby? Strangely he's nowhere to be seen when we have a good win.

What you didn't get to read fraud yesterday? ;D

AFLCA
10 Martin
6 Rance
5 Lambert
3 Ellis, Vlastuin
2 A.Hall
1 Lynch

Season
55 Martin (12th)
53 Cotchin (eq 13th)
37 Rance (eq 34th)
36 Edwards (eq 36th)
34 Ellis (eq 42nd)
30 Deledio (eq 55th)
23 Riewoldt (eq 86th)
19 Houli (eq 98th)
18 Grigg (eq 104th)
17 Miles (eq 111th)
8 Chaplin, Maric, Vlastuin (eq 173rd)
7 Hunt, Lambert (eq 192nd)
5 McIntosh (eq 214th)
1 Hampson, Lennon (eq 287th/309)

antman said:
Thanks RT... No I don't, but I'm pretty confident we can turn the switch back to defensive finals style grind when needed. TBF Dimma did say tackling effort was poor in the first half. If we did that I'm sure the winning margin would have been lower too though.

I'm a bit fiesty after all the negativity pregame particularly around the selections.
Dimma wasn't happy with the lack of tackling, but as someone mentioned in an exchange with a journo on Twitter yesterday, it's hard to tackle a lot when you've got so much more of the ball than the opposition. A couple of nice tackles from us (Batch's sticks in my mind) netted us some good advantage too. They got some good ones, but weren't able to make us hurt from them. I like that the Tigers can adapt depending on the opposition, and they're showing all the sides of being a good side and doing what good sides do to bad ones.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
AFLCA
10 Martin
6 Rance
5 Lambert
3 Ellis, Vlastuin
2 A.Hall
1 Lynch

Season
55 Martin (12th)
53 Cotchin (eq 13th)
37 Rance (eq 34th)
36 Edwards (eq 36th)
34 Ellis (eq 42nd)
30 Deledio (eq 55th)
23 Riewoldt (eq 86th)
19 Houli (eq 98th)
18 Grigg (eq 104th)
17 Miles (eq 111th)
8 Chaplin, Maric, Vlastuin (eq 173rd)
7 Hunt, Lambert (eq 192nd)
5 McIntosh (eq 214th)
1 Hampson, Lennon (eq 287th/309)

Surprised to see Flossy so far done the order with the season he has had.

Total AFLCA votes

417 West Coast 2nd 14-4-1
397 Hawthorn 3rd 14-5
391 Fremantle 1st 16-3
367 Richmond 6th 12-7
359 Sydney 5th 13-6
354 Western Bulldogs 4th 13-6
312 North Melbourne 7th 12-7
298 Adelaide 8th 11-7
285 GWS 10th 10-9, Collingwood 11th 9-10
276 Geelong 9th 10-8
255 Port Adelaide 12th 9-10