Game Day- Round 1 , 2016 - Richmond V Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day- Round 1 , 2016 - Richmond V Carlton

Take it and run.

A lot of improvement required for next week.

Youngsters did their part

Lambert great game. Well done.

Bit to like about the win, ran the game out stronger against a more seasoned opponent. Old-style R1 game, plenty of rust about. Dimma will be rapt. Three things:
- generally a good tackling game by our boys
- Carlton are *smile*
- where was the bloody Nando's van? I know there's a bit of terror about, but that's a hell of a price to pay.

Yes there was plenty of ugliness on display tonight, and it will be dissected on here no doubt.

But let's just enjoy remembering the look on the Carlton player's faces after the game, and revel in knowing how disappointed the carrrrlton fans will be after no doubt having hope in their hearts at three Qtr time.

We won.

Wouldn't want to play that game against a better opponent but maybe some wrinkles have been ironed out and hopefully we are on track next week. Fantastic last quarters from Lloyd and lambert saved us.

graystar1 said:
Guess what.....we are on top of the premiership ladder and Carlton are bottom.

Carlton would be 2nd surely. 90% or so would be better than 0%

shawry said:
He's a bloody good player. I'm surprised more teams didn't have a crack at him. Good acquisition for your mob I think. Is very capable.

Lost them the game. Another reserves *smile* kicker

Driving home, just heard on the radio 11 Collingwood players have tested positive to banned substances. Press conference tomorrow......

SpaceAce said:
Driving home, just heard on the radio 11 Collingwood players have tested positive to banned substances. Press conference tomorrow......

Not only Collingwood, another interstate club had even more test positive apparently.

The AFL will NOT do ANYTHING about it, because the tests were part of research during
the players off season.

Nothing learnt from Esserdope. Really in this day and age, if a player tests positive its
an automatic suspension for 4 matches. Do it again, a season and if you're really that
stupid doing it a 3rd time, contract torn up should be the policy of the AFL.

Nope the AFL won't touch this, they'll rabbit on about how tough they are on drugs etc
etc but nothing will change.

I don't think carlton are quite as bad as we thought. They have a gun mid field when they are all fit. On top of that a lot went their way tonight. Pretty happy to escape with the four points in the end.

The AFL will NOT do ANYTHING about it, because the tests were part of research during
the players off season.

What the?

shad said:
I don't think carlton are quite as bad as we thought. They have a gun mid field when they are all fit. On top of that a lot went their way tonight. Pretty happy to escape with the four points in the end.

Their midfield LOVE playing against us

tigerlove said:
the players off season.

What the?

I've got a feeling we are going to have a big thread on this issue on PRE to rival the Essendon one.

We were poor especially work rate wise for much of the game against a young team that rose to the occasion. Their 4-5 best players all had blinders & Cripps will be a superstar.

Our centre clearances were awful and too many of our best players had bad games again. Cotchin is just a shadow of what he was in 2012. Riewoldt & Rance are so clearly the leaders its ridiculous.

However a win is win & this is a marathon. Good signs with Astbury; Menadue; Corey Ellis & Dan Rioli. The latter looks like superstar material to me.

Hampson so poor I'd prefer to see Griffiths ruck when Maric is injured. Pinch hit with Vickery or McBean as back up. Yarran will also add something when he's fit. Anyway move on & get ready for next week.

Tigers2011 said:
We were poor especially work rate wise for much of the game against a young team that rose to the occasion.
We were a lot younger than them.