Game Day- Round 1 , 2016 - Richmond V Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day- Round 1 , 2016 - Richmond V Carlton

Carter said:
Was an interesting game.

I don't think we were going full tilt TBH.

That, along with selection favoring youth, hopefully points to an improved performance against Collingwood.

You sense we have set ourselves for that game.

If you look closely at the Carlton game, we upped our intensity every time they challenged. I never felt we lost control even though we were fumbly and static.

No panic stations at all IMO.

Very true Carts, although I feel that when they got 15 points up in the third some alarm bells were ringing. Definitely felt we got the job done when we had to.

Looks like the Collingwood game could be a bit of a letdown given their current form though :hihi

antman said:
Looks like the Collingwood game could be a bit of a letdown given their current form though :hihi

I'll take a scrubby win against Carlton over an 80-point loss to anyone. The Collingwood version of PRE won't be a fun place this week.

Collingwood sitting on their 3rd-lowest percentage ever.

tigersnake said:
He is the best contested mark in the league and the worst set shot in the league, and the worst by a decent margin.

Cloke might have something to say about that

yeah they probably fill out the trifecta, but Griff and Cloke its mental. With Casboult its the double whammy of mental and technique.

After watching Old Man Roos & Endangered Crows today Tigers better muscle & toughen up.

tigersnake said:
He is the best contested mark in the league and the worst set shot in the league, and the worst by a decent margin.
Casboult I presume

Hamson is the worst contested mark and worst set shot by a considerable margin.
The question is will his boot make any contact with the ball.
He's now, like the "best of the Bee Gees", unplayable

billyb#40 said:
Casboult I presume

Hamson is the worst contested mark and worst set shot by a considerable margin.
The question is will his boot make any contact with the ball.
He's now, like the "best of the Bee Gees", unplayable
Umm that's an insult to the Bee Gees. One of the greatest bands ever!

BluesBloke said:
One of our former goal sneaks (Betts, Garlett or Menzel) would have been handy to have on Thursday night.

Will go as far to say that Casboult is probably the worst shot on goal in the competition. And it's easily fixable...he just needs to guide the ball down onto his boot. That's what was so frustrating about him missing some gimme set shots. His current technique isn't going to net him many goals...or dare I say it, longevity in an AFL career (but I suppose just look at Shaun Hampson, ey? Still on an AFL list after all these years...).

Also glad that even through the latter Malthouse years of rubbish performances, gutting a team and finishing bottom, we still haven't worn a belting at the hands of Richmond in a long time (45 points in round 20, 2006, 85 points in round 7 of 2005 are the last beltings I can think of). Five goals is about the maximum margin we've lost to the Tigers. A relief given all the beltings we've handed the Tigers over recent years (83 points in round 1, 2009, 56 points, round 1 2010, 89 points, round 20, 2010, 103 points, round 15, 2011, 44 points, round 1, 2012...).

At least you seemed to have something to build on. Could Casboult be played further from goal? Maybe use him on the long lead and then send the ball in and hope for crumbs?

Tigaman said:
After watching Old Man Roos & Endangered Crows today Tigers better muscle & toughen up.

Tend to agree, Tiga
There was a good dose of hard-bodied endeavour in some very tough encounters.
The Tigers are going to require some battering rams of their own during the course of this season, because the teams who play tough and hard footy at the contest will grind midfields that can't stand up to and endure the physical contests for the 100 minutes.

DragaTheCro said:
Umm that's an insult to the Bee Gees. One of the greatest DISCO bands ever!
Uuuuurrrrgggh! Preferred them early days when they played pop music. Seriously hard to take that falsetto squeak disco claptrap they changed to.

Tigaman said:

That's not the style of game we play

Coaches Votes

Carlton v Richmond
10 Kane Lambert (Rich)
6 Marc Murphy (Carl)
6 Alex Rance (Rich)
4 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
3 Sam Docherty (Carl)
1 Patrick Cripps (Carl)