GAME DAY. Richmond Vs Essendrugs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY. Richmond Vs Essendrugs

Ridley said:
*smile* that was ugly. But a win is a win. Well done Tiges and onto the Roos next week.

Want to beat them more than anyone.
Same here

Lennon , Mcintosh good signs ......that is all, Job done

SkillzThatKillz said:
Ch7 with the wrong pre-recorded voice over saying the Bombers have won and what it means for Richmond losing...wth?
Glad you noticed that too, I thought I was hearing things.

Great workrate from Kamdyn tonight, leading disposal winner for us with 27. They were pretty hot on holding the ball considering the conditions tonight, but we tried too many times to break tackles and didn't just try to at least boot a chaos ball forward.

Just glad to get a reasonable win and move on. No injuries. Fairly bruise free. North next week. Bring it on at their boutique stadium.

Big Mc improving all the time. Started out as a purely outside player but he is big lump of a lad and a few defenders are discovering they come off second best when trying to out-body him. A big mobile unit is Mc. Going to love watching him develop.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
When did lifting players off the ground and inverting them become a thing?

*smile*ing useless AFL failed to act on Richards.

What do you think? Instant 50 to effectively "outlaw" it? They did that with tripping but then it just stopped.

KnightersRevenge said:
What do you think? Instant 50 to effectively "outlaw" it? They did that with tripping but then it just stopped.

Absolutely. That was without doubt the most dangerous one we've seen, if Dempsey doesn't get at least 2 weeks I will be annoyed. Doesn't matter that he was remorseful he still did it. If I murdered someone but said sorry afterwards, I'd still be found guilt of murder.

Why the hell did Dempsey do it? And then afterwards he wouldnt let go of his jumper and dragging him like a rag doll. A disgrace.

mrposhman said:
Absolutely. That was without doubt the most dangerous one we've seen, if Dempsey doesn't get at least 2 weeks I will be annoyed. Doesn't matter that he was remorseful he still did it. If I murdered someone but said sorry afterwards, I'd still be found guilt of murder.

Agreed, just saying I don't think Dempsey "meant" it to finish up as dangerous as it did. Doesn't excuse it.

good win. Wet, lowly side playing their granny, hard for us to clear your head and grind out a win but we did it. Happy. After watching Norf/ Foots game, I reckon we'll beat North next week, whole different mindset, strategy, whole different shootin' match, (beat footscrayas well I reckon)

I think the team were preserving energy. The sloggy conditions did not allow for fast footy but it looked like the team never took it out of second gear.

Some really poor skill & decision making errors especially by Grigg, Thomas, Ellis, not the best game to watch.

Screw sentimental reasons Newman is a liability taking into the finals.

A relatively bruise free evening. Got the four points, although played poorly. Kept final four chances alive and have another gear or two to move up.

Just hope Lids is well enough to play next week.

axlefoley said:
Screw sentimental reasons Newman is a liability taking into the finals.

Hard to disagree with that. Not sure what Dimma is trying to achieve playing him in the forward line. He is slow of mind and slow of body so he doesn't apply great pressure. And his set shot goal kicking is crap.

mrposhman said:

I think he desreves 4 or 5. If the afl are fair dinkum in outlawing dangerous tackles they need to make a statement. Dont give a rats tossbag he was remorseful. I was seriously worried watching that replay for the first time that lids had a broken neck.

Totally agree; it is pure luck that Lids is not badly hurt. When he didn't move the worse case scenarios flashed through my mind. It was really ugly. I think guys just get carried away, pumped up with adrenalin and aggression. It's not so much deliberate as 'sacking' an opponent because he's been caught'. But these tackles must be stamped out. Make it automatic 50m penalty and report.

Pandaboy said:
I think he desreves 4 or 5. If the afl are fair dinkum in outlawing dangerous tackles they need to make a statement. Dont give a rats tossbag he was remorseful. I was seriously worried watching that replay for the first time that lids had a broken neck.

I was worried about the same, the trainer seemed to be on their incredibly quickly and straight to Lids neck so obviously worried about the same, good to see him walking around so soon after. Tend to agree that the AFL have to act hard on this one, looks like Lids got off ok, but you could see from the NRL what dangerous tackles can do with Alex McKinnon.

I only mentioned 2 as we know the MRP are weak.