GAME DAY. Richmond Vs Essendrugs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY. Richmond Vs Essendrugs

9thPlaceTiger said:
Never really thought you did. Just an unexpected inflammatory comment. I'm guilty of those too, especially at this time of night. I blame coonawarra cab sauv. You?

Don't need an excuse. Just relating the thoughts of fellow punters.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Don't need an excuse. Just relating the thoughts of fellow punters.

Unfortunately every club has a KKK chapter in spirit if you scratch the surface, thankfully a minority. Pathetic

Ridley said:
*smile* that was ugly. But a win is a win. Well done Tiges and onto the Roos next week.

Want to beat them more than anyone.

Yup hate the Roos. Not sure why. I think it the arrogance and the fact that Boomer and Petrie have given us a bath. Love to stomp on them!

I worked with Casey Tutungi at Geelong. Glad Deledio is OK. I shudder now every player looks like he hurts his neck.

What a difference a week make for the Tiges. We got the points but a thoroughly unconvincing display. Last week couldn't miss and this week couldn't kick straight if their lives depended on it. Be had be on heck of a lot better next week if we want 5th. .

UKTiger said:
What a difference a week make for the Tiges. We got the points but a thoroughly unconvincing display. Last week couldn't miss and this week couldn't kick straight if their lives depended on it. Be had be on heck of a lot better next week if we want 5th. .

no excuses but the weather didn't help - Oh and combined with that Essendon did provide some good pressure - with the first miss, Edwards was shocked he was in so much space he sort of got confused and didn't settle - at least they didn't hit the post 6 times like the Dockers game

a form side in a canter.

sure we were slightly disinterested but we're still well primed.

Sometimes the better teams are just a bit off but they usually win easily enough. We played just ok and had 24 shots to 12 and won by 5 goals.

That's what good sides do. How many times in the past have we said how competitive we were against the better teams only to lose in games like this?

We did enough to win comfortably, move on to the bigger fish

Carter said:
a form side in a canter.

Just did the job Carter. But thats all we needed to do. Nothing more nothing less.

Bigger fish to fry - starting this week.

Carter said:
a form side in a canter.

Carter's nailed it. I don't think we were disinterested, frustrated is more the word. Conditions were horrible and we didn't handle them well early. Essendon by contrast couldn't miss, but just the amount of ball we were getting and how we kept moving it forward said that the worm would turn and the Bombers would drop away. It did, and so did they. I'm still stunned by Ty's accuracy, he had 2 more last night and both split the middle. Lennon was huge early. Did what we had to and must have really hacked off all those journos who probably had their fingers poised over the keyboards halfway through the second ready to type out: typical Richmond. Courtney Dempsey needs to go for at least 4, I don't care that he was remorseful after, he didn't have to tackle that way and he chose to, it could have had horrific consequences. What was that stat L2R2R had? Haven't beaten the other big 4 twice in the one season since 1931? Bring on those Roos.

As soon as the first replay came up knew it wasn't Lid's neck but how lucky was he not to do a shoulder as this is first point of contact .

Making Lloyd the sub in those conditions was a mistake. They were made for him. Better option would have been to start him and use Newman as the sub.

CarnTheTiges said:
Courtney Dempsey needs to go for at least 4, I don't care that he was remorseful after, he didn't have to tackle that way and he chose to, it could have had horrific consequences.

the commentators were saying "he didn't mean to do it". i don't understand that???

artball said:
the commentators were saying "he didn't mean to do it". i don't understand that???
Of course he meant to do it. He didn't mean to possibly injure Deledio, but he as much as everyone else in the game knows how dangerous that sort of tackle is and he still chose to tackle that way.

artball said:

Used to work with a churchgoing Christian who reckoned the best part about his religion was that he could do practically anything during the week as long he truly repented on Sundays.

Barry Hall's apology to Staker had no mitigating effect. Nothing against Dempsey but the act needs to be punished for what it was, and I think it will be as he's not a "name" player.

Glad I was at the game having a good time than reading the "woe is us" postings early in this thread.

Clearly to me that we are resting key players (Cotch), playing them outside for a break (Miles a few weeks back) or suggesting they don't go too hard too much (Jack). Dimma's got the boys tapering nicely for the finals I reckon. No point busting a gut in a game where the score is not going to blow out.

Also consider our shocking kicking (minus T-Bone) kept them in the game til half time, we kicked one goal less and were still four points up. Nothing to worry about folks.

Seemed like our lower-tiered players were given the responsibility of our top-tiered players in order to freshen up for finals.

Deledio was our only top liner that played his normal role (because he had a proper rest 2 weeks ago).

10 goal better side, won by 5 goals... inverse of last week when we were a 10 goal better side but won by 15 goals.

The rain was a well-timed reminder of how to adjust your game. If it happens in finals, we'll adapt quicker now.

As long as Bulldogs don't win by 100 points next week, this match was a perfect preparation for the real stuff.

Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone else think the umps need a clash strip ? I was having troubles and so was my 10 year old.