Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Saints

Freo were doing the same in the first 4-5 rounds, had put the opposition away then let them back in during the last qtr. Would prefer that we bury a side like Hawthorn does, but a win is a win - I was expecting a much tighter contest throughout the whole game.

I was glad Lambert got the full game instead of Gordon; got 19 possies and his 1st goal - hope they persist with him.

Just watched the song on the Interwebs now and geez... it sure was a sombre rendition tonight! Wonder what the go was? Respect for Jaaack?

K3 said:
Just watched the song on the Interwebs now and geez... it sure was a sombre rendition tonight! Wonder what the go was? Respect for Jaaack?

Probably anticipating the hair-dryer Dimma had in store for them in the team meeting.

K3 said:

Sure some of it was for jack.

But they shouldn't be excited after that quarter.

Nico said:
Think Kamdyn needs a spell;

U kidding me? Macintosh was fighting, running hard on the wings.....had 17 possies and 5 marks, similar stats to floss who also played well....

With Sydney losing percentage, our goal probably should have been a 10 goal win (not just the 4 points). Doubt we'd rest sitting on 53 points ahead if we wanted the 60 all week. The downside is you risk getting ahead of yourself, but I think the current group is mature enough to handle being challenged to go for blood against a bottom team.

Caping off big wins is an important step in the premiership journey. We didn't deliver this week. Didn't cost us... but didn't gain much. We hold ground until Freo.

Chimptastic said:
With Sydney losing percentage, our goal probably should have been a 10 goal win (not just the 4 points). Doubt we'd rest sitting on 53 points ahead if we wanted the 60 all week. The downside is you risk getting ahead of yourself, but I think the current group is mature enough to handle being challenged to go for blood against a bottom team.

Nowhere near ruthless enough.

Its why we lift against good sides and plod along against the weak.

Just do enough to get the points but not much more.

Ridley said:
He is rubbish full stop. Can't carry players like that and expect to make an impact in finals. Not up to AFL standard.

he had 4 possies and stuffed up 2 of them....no doubt will go out...

dimma as coach muffed up by leaving the dinosaur maric out there (shouldve been subbed), saints running hard had to leave mcdonough who has speed....
I am not a big fan of hampson but 2 weeks running he has done well and deserves his spot, maric looked sooooooooooo slow out there it was embarrassing....
If Griffiths is ready he must come in for maric...we need mobility on that fwd line and some one who can take a big mark other than jack....

I thought we were good for 3/4's of the game. Saints got on top in the last 10 mins of the 1st but we were ok in the 1st quarter until then. Saints seem to operate in spells rather than keeping it going for a longer period and that showed in that last 10 mins and the full final quarter.

At the game I thought the players looked a bit lazy and had a pretty big drop in intensity in the final quarter. No idea how many tackles we had but can't have been many, also got smashed in the clearances in the last and I haven't see the stats reckon our contested ball in the final qtr was deplorable and Dimma will roast them for that, maybe get them in for a 6am dip in the bay!! I reckon they put the cue in the rack at 3 quarter time expecting just to trudge out an easy and boring final quarter but Saints thought differently.

Liked Lennon and Lambert, thought they certainly added something. Was strange in the last to sub off McDonough and not Newman, Maric or even Lennon (very uncontested player and were getting smashed in the middle) when we could have thrown McDonough into the guts. Strange decision.

Tend to agree with those that believe Kamdyn may need a break.

AstuteTiger said:
he had 4 possies and stuffed up 2 of them....no doubt will go out...

dimma as coach muffed up by leaving the dinosaur maric out there (shouldve been subbed), saints running hard had to leave mcdonough who has speed....
I am not a big fan of hampson but 2 weeks running he has done well and deserves his spot, maric looked sooooooooooo slow out there it was embarrassing....
If Griffiths is ready he must come in for maric...we need mobility on that fwd line and some one who can take a big mark other than jack....

Agree on Maric. He looks incredibly slow now, looks a bit like me on ice skates (except I'm a lot shorter!!). Doesn't mark the ball enough for someone who cannot make it to contests any longer.

CC TIGER said:
Disappointed we had the ruckman on the mark at the kick outs late, allowing Montagna too run the ball out.

Agree with this CC. Was annoyed as no sides really do that anymore. Quick players stand the mark.

We saw the future and the past yesterday. In the 2nd and 3rd quarters we were far too good for the saints but in the first few minutes of the last you could feel the drop off in intensity.

Hopefully we can learn from it, just about any side is capable these days.

Lids is a star, his skills stood out like a beacon yesterday.

That was a two quarter performance from a patched up team that has quality players missing.
We've played better, we can play better and we'll need to in the coming weeks or we'll get a rude shock.
Saints exposed our lack of leg speed on several occasions but we had enough overall talent to keep them at arms length.

Still a win's a win even it was yet again ugly. I'll take it. On to Freo..

Well that's the second game I have taken my interstate friends to a Tigers game and on each occasion they have sung the song for the first time - the first was the dreamtime game and my niece and her boyfriend were in pretty much in tears at the end of the game - last night my friend and his son were still nervous at three qtr time (been burnt to many times) - which I just laughed at him - never in doubt.

The saints are becoming our bunnies and I think, despite the last quarter, the margin flattered the Saints - we dominated 2 and half quarters and they never looked like scoring when they had the run of the game later in the first qtr.

I am liking this tiger outfit as I am a lot more relaxed watching these days. So even this Saturday, I can go to the game confident we can more than match it with the top team - doesn't mean we will win but the team I think for once seriously believes.

And the subtle messages coming from Dimmer now is that finals are absolutely expected, they are gunning for top 4 and they are already into finals preparation - and knowing they can improve the team personnel by up to 25% on yesterdays 22 (Vickery, Griffiths, Edwards, Conca and perhaps C Ellis to come back in).

Our new reverse strip has a 100% winning record. If we're forced to wear it in the Grand Final this year I won't mind.

Bunnerz said:
we were up by eight goals and put the cue in the rack at three quarter time...not a huge worry.
The worrying thing is when the saints got on top we couldn't stop them. We needed that extra percentage it will be crucial come finals time for a top 4 spot.

Does anyone have the player stats for the final quarter? Maric, Newman, Hampson, Cotchin and Martin seemed to disappear.

The Mole said:
Does anyone have the player stats for the final quarter? Maric, Newman, Hampson, Cotchin and Martin seemed to disappear.
Maric; 2 disposals
Newman; 3
Hampson; 3
Cotchin; 9
Martin; 5