Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Saints

tigertim said:
Maric; 2 disposals
Newman; 3
Hampson; 3
Cotchin; 9
Martin; 5
Thanks Tim. I can probably take Cotchin off that list but certainly Maric, Newman and Hampson seemed to be running in quicksand. Don't think we can keep Newman in the team any longer.

tigertim said:
Maric; 2 disposals
Newman; 3
Hampson; 3
Cotchin; 9
Martin; 5

really thought Maric or Hampson should have been subbed in that last Q

St.Kilda won the first six Stewart Medals, Richmond has won the last six.

Deledio joins J.Riewoldt as a dual winner. The others are Cotchin & Vickery.

Only Montagna remains at St.Kilda of their six.

While I wasn't happy at the time, the fade out might be a blessing in disguise. Perhaps it will keep the boys focused against the Dockers instead of basking in the glory of a thumping win? :spin

T-Shirt Tommy said:
While I wasn't happy at the time, the fade out might be a blessing in disguise. Perhaps it will keep the boys focused against the Dockers instead of basking in the glory of a thumping win? :spin

That was my thought after the game. It is hard to become big-headed when you concede the last six goals of the game and spend the last ten minutes scrambling to hang on to a slender lead.

QRtiger said:
I see Lennon was named in the best, fair assessment ?

Coaches votes

St. Kilda vs Richmond
9 Deledio (Rich)
9 Martin (Rich)
6 Weller (StK)
2 Steven (StK)
2 Vlastuin (Rich)
1 Armitage (StK)
1 Lennon (Rich)

Season

49 Cotchin (eq 9th)
45 Martin (12th)
36 Edwards (eq 20th)
27 Ellis, Rance (eq 42nd)
23 Riewoldt (eq 58th)
21 Deledio (eq 69th)
19 Houli (eq 79th)
16 Grigg (eq 94th)
10 Miles (eq 132nd)
7 Hunt (eq 163rd)
5 McIntosh, Vlastuin (eq 185th)
4 Maric (eq 201st)
1 Hampson, Lennon (eq 261st/285)

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Season

49 Cotchin (eq 9th)
45 Martin (12th)
36 Edwards (eq 20th)
27 Ellis, Rance (eq 42nd)
23 Riewoldt (eq 58th)
21 Deledio (eq 69th)
19 Houli (eq 79th)
16 Grigg (eq 94th)
10 Miles (eq 132nd)
7 Hunt (eq 163rd)
5 McIntosh, Vlastuin (eq 185th)
4 Maric (eq 201st)
1 Hampson, Lennon (eq 261st/285)
So Morris, Newman, Vickery, Lloyd, McDonough, Knights, Batchelor, Gordon and obviously Elton haven't scored any of those to have played this season.

tigertim said:
So Morris, Newman, Vickery, Lloyd, McDonough, Knights, Batchelor, Gordon and obviously Elton haven't scored any of those to have played this season.

Chaplin, Grimes & Griffiths also. And C.Ellis, Menadue, Lambert, Astbury, McBean, Drummond, Arnot and Petterd of the irregulars.

36 players used. Fremantle 28, West Coast 33, Hawthorn 33, Sydney 30. And below us, Bulldogs 36, GWS 33, Adelaide 31, Collingwood 33, North 33, Geelong 33.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
36 players used. Fremantle 28, West Coast 33, Hawthorn 33, Sydney 30. And below us, Bulldogs 36, GWS 33, Adelaide 31, Collingwood 33, North 33, Geelong 33.

Interesting.

Thanks L2R2R

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Not a bad effort by the Tiges this year, been fairly knocked around by some long term injuries. Given a bunch of newbies n inexperienced players some game time n still holding down a solid place in the eight.
Coaches love having a settled side n a constant group of players slotting into their roles each week, it's also much easier for the players having their same settled group playing within their systems n structures each game. Everyone knows their role n the constant repetition builds trust of support every time they go to the contest.

The teams been fairly unsettled over the course of the year with mostly injury n a couple of suspensions causing frequent changes of two or three players on match day, reckon the teams managed to cover things bloody well to stay so high on the ladder.

TigerMasochist said:
Not a bad effort by the Tiges this year, been fairly knocked around by some long term injuries. Given a bunch of newbies n inexperienced players some game time n still holding down a solid place in the eight.
Coaches love having a settled side n a constant group of players slotting into their roles each week, it's also much easier for the players having their same settled group playing within their systems n structures each game. Everyone knows their role n the constant repetition builds trust of support every time they go to the contest.

The teams been fairly unsettled over the course of the year with mostly injury n a couple of suspensions causing frequent changes of two or three players on match day, reckon the teams managed to cover things bloody well to stay so high on the ladder.
I think it also points to a few things. A good structure that everyone knows about and benefits from, some good drafting and development of a bit of depth at long last.

Smoking Aces said:
No doubt but our depth is being tested. For the first 2 or 3 centre bounces in the last quarter we had Lambert, McDonough and Hampson. Third string midfield. Then up forward we had a lumbering ruck in Maric. He was spent.

If anything it took Hardwick too long to bring Gordon on for some added run. But the problem was further compounded by keeping both Hampson and Maric on.

That's the story, SA.