Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows

7 to 2 center clearances is pathetic and our tackle count is also very very poor....

evo said:
I suppose we should be happy to be this close. Badly owned.

Hardwick falling for the loose man or two in defence again. It's the sure way to beat us.

We need to go man on man in the second half.

Yep we were absolutely smashed. Extremely lucky to be only a goal down.

36-17 down on inside 50s. Midfield getting murdered. Tackling non existent; they have all the footy yet are tackling more and harder than us.

Hampson and Maric getting a rucking lesson from Jacobs. We are so vulnerable against the top quality ruckmen. Rance way too loose on Walker but lack of midfield pressure not helping.

Hate it when Hunt has the ball; horrible kick. Conca not much better; shocking attempted pass into the forward late in the quarter followed up on the wing by a short pass turnover an Auskicker would have been embarrassed by.

Lennon has been really good and about the only positive but he needs to take shots at goal when he is within range and not try dinky passes.

All in all a horrible first half. If it continues like that teh Crows will start kicking straight and it will get real ugly.

I just wish the umpires could pay holding the ball correctly.

1. Adelaide player ducks into the tackle and has therefore exhausted his prior opportunity, and subsequently does not dispose of the ball. This must be either holding the ball or too high - it's impossible to call play on.

2. A few were paid against Miles, yet he had no prior opportunity (gang tackled immediately) and tried to get rid of it.

It shouldn't be that hard.

percyms said:
Why oh why cant we seem to get the ball out of our defense. Even when we do manage it seems that there are another dozen crows waiting just a kick away. They are running both ways very very hard and making us look slow... Be nice to win the odd center clearance or ball up too..

Their forward press has been terrific, though with the talls we have we need to take release marks just outside the 50, its coming to ground too easily and their press again turns the ball over. I don't think its the kicking, its the marking just outside of the D50 that doesn't allow is to release the pressure.

Silent Bob said:
Plan A well worked out by the crows. I'd say go to plan B but we've never had one.
Yep during that first half all our avenues out of d50 were choked, and we weren't able to do anything about it. It will be interesting to see how the team will react strategically in the second half. A different plan and far more intensity in the second half is a must or this will get ugly.

Midfield are getting absolutely destroyed. You can thank our backline for only being down by a goal, 36 inside 50s to 17 is a smashing.

mrposhman said:
I probably sound like a broken record but really disappointed with TV's efforts again, we've needed someone to step up and release some heat and when it gets to him, nothing. The free for the head high was the most contact he's had with the crows players.

Jack will struggle to score goals today against Talia so need someone like Vickery to step up.

Getting hurt though in the middle, needs someone other than Cotch and Miles to step up and win the ball.
Give him a break! Every contest he has been double teamed

percyms said:
Yeh but our third quarters have not been real good overall this year..

Got a bed feeling i might be at Harvey Normans tomorrow buying a new TV

Getting absolutely smashed around clearances and they're just going harder then us. Frustrating. They should be 5-6 goals in front. They've thrown their best at us that half. Let's see how we respond.

Getting pushed back very deep, open forward line not the same threat on the slingshot without Lids. Need Houli to give us more run when it starts to break open. Give Hampson a rocket and ten minutes to do something, then bring Lloyd on.

Holding up OK against an opposition two wins below us, playing for finals in front of a full house of Adelaide ferals. Was always going to be tough, let's see how we handle it.

Rancey18 said:
Midfield are getting absolutely destroyed. You can thank our backline for only being down by a goal, 36 inside 50s to 17 is a smashing.

Sure can but they can only do so much with very little midfield help and dysfunctional fwd line.

Missing Lids and Edwards creative spread. That lack of forward momentum on the outside is noticeable against the fleet footed Crows
2 of our top 5 players out has stunted us.

Chimptastic said:
I just wish the umpires could pay holding the ball correctly.

1. Adelaide player ducks into the tackle and has therefore exhausted his prior opportunity, and subsequently does not dispose of the ball. This must be either holding the ball or too high - it's impossible to call play on.

2. A few were paid against Miles, yet he had no prior opportunity (gang tackled immediately) and tried to get rid of it.

Agreed. I think your number 1 was Lynch when he was tackled by Lambert, then someone else came over to help out. Lynch just had the ball in one hand over one of their shoulders and dropped it on the floor!! About as clear as you will get for holding the ball but nothing. Was screaming at the tv on that one.