for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forward: | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forward:

New York Tiger said:
Totally agree. Jay shulz et al continuously proved that they were worthy substitutes to the key forward post.

You must be taking the micky here surely ..................... Jay Schulz a worthy forward ............. NEVER in anyones lifetime, absolute DUD in every sense of the word (nothing personal Jay).

ZeroGame said:
Plus if you take one OotF every 4 weeks his accuracy drops from 59.2% to 56.3% a difference of 2.9%, I still don't think it was that often, but doubt anyone has the stats.

Zero,

Think you're carrying on a bit. I went or saw a lot of Richo games and Richo used to fluff quite a few kicks for goals, which would include out of bounds and kicks that didn't make the distance when they should have. It's vivid in my memory, as it was a source of constant jokes from opposition supporters. Stats aren't going to show the truth about anything really, because it's not just about how many kicks were good and bad, it also needed to include where the kicks were made from, far out, close in, angles, right side or left side etc etc. Richo had a habit of leading sideways a lot, so many of his kicks quite often were from tight angles. But regardless he simply wasn't the most reliable kick at the Tigers. Put it this way, if you had to choose someone to kick a goal to win the match 35metres out directly in front of goal, Richo would not have been the one I choose.

GoodOne said:
Put it this way, if you had to choose someone to kick a goal to win the match 35metres out directly in front of goal, Richo would not have been the one I choose.
Where,s your sense of theartre Goody?Whatever the outcome of the shot,it was entertaining. ;D

GoodOne said:
Zero,

Think you're carrying on a bit. I went or saw a lot of Richo games and Richo used to fluff quite a few kicks for goals, which would include out of bounds and kicks that didn't make the distance when they should have. It's vivid in my memory, as it was a source of constant jokes from opposition supporters. Stats aren't going to show the truth about anything really, because it's not just about how many kicks were good and bad, it also needed to include where the kicks were made from, far out, close in, angles, right side or left side etc etc. Richo had a habit of leading sideways a lot, so many of his kicks quite often were from tight angles. But regardless he simply wasn't the most reliable kick at the Tigers. Put it this way, if you had to choose someone to kick a goal to win the match 35metres out directly in front of goal, Richo would not have been the one I choose.

I understand this, I was at those games too you know. That being said, I believe the OotFs are blown out of proportion because you remember them. You don't remember games where he didn't do it because you don't think about it. All forwards fluff kicks every now and then and Richo's accuracy of 59% is there abouts in the AFL, not exceptional, not terrible.

ZeroGame said:
I understand this, I was at those games too you know. That being said, I believe the OotFs are blown out of proportion because you remember them. You don't remember games where he didn't do it because you don't think about it. All forwards fluff kicks every now and then and Richo's accuracy of 59% is there abouts in the AFL, not exceptional, not terrible.

Also its pretty easily forgotten where richo had most of his shots for goal. He was always on terrible angles because he was athletic enough to slip his (usually multiple opponents).

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Where,s your sense of theartre Goody?Whatever the outcome of the shot,it was entertaining. ;D

Depending on the circumstances Skipper. ;D

If we had the game in the bag then it was all laughs for Richo to miss the goals, but when we lost, he quickly became the scapegoat.

Fickle supporters we are. I can still remember those half-broken seats at Level 2A..........;D