for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forward: | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forward:

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
6 goals out of 8, seems the rest can't kick 'em at all.
Who,s our next best Nahas with 10?Yep 6 out of 8 is about right from our only fwd.

20 goals in 4 weeks for Jack
What's even better is that in the first half of 2010 Jack has more goals and the same tackles than he had for the entire 2009 season

Re: for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forwa

How much better did our forward line look with Griffo up there? I know he didn't get much of it but his direct opponent didn't dare let him go so Jack was nearly always one out.

Well done by Dimma to get the kid in there.

Structure folks, it is all about structure ;)

just in regards to the topic of this thread... "for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forward," well i was one who was very strong in my opinion that richo should retire. i'm not boasting, it's just fact. would jack have kicked 10 goals today, and 30 in the past 5 weeks if richo was there? of course not.

Ian4 said:
just in regards to the topic of this thread... "for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forward," well i was one who was very strong in my opinion that richo should retire. i'm not boasting, it's just fact. would jack have kicked 10 goals today, and 30 in the past 5 weeks if richo was there? of course not.

Yes he would probably have. We've just never had anyone since Richo who has the skill and is capable of doing what Reiwoldt has. Take Schulz for example, some have been saying that Rich stunted his development. Well has had plenty of opportunities at Port, and even with their other key forwards injured he can no longer get a game. The best players will demand the ball and get the ball regardless of whoever is in their forward line. If you cannot demand the ball then you usually will not make a successful key forward.

Ian4 said:

Same goes for those saying we should have drafted Bradshaw!

There was always going to be life after Richo.

All that was needed was to create the opportunity.

Congratulations on Reiwoldt today.

But, we must never return to the situation where we rely on one key forward only.

Opportunities must be shared.

The key forward posts must be shared.

And our future goal-kicking needs to consistently be shared.

Great performance from Jack.

Richo took 11 years to kick 10 while Jack took just 4.

Phantom said:
But, we must never return to the situation where we rely on one key forward only.

Opportunities must be shared.

The key forward posts must be shared.

And our future goal-kicking needs to consistently be shared.

Exactly right Phanto. At one stage today we were just 'kicking to Jack' .....poor Griffo was forgotten. ;D

^ "long bombs to jack" as a gameplan is a pretty john northey approach to football. i like it.

;D

but seriously how you can even compare jack to richo is beyond me, wait ten years and then make an assessment.

one game does not equal a career.

Jackie Moon said:
but seriously how you can even compare jack to richo is beyond me, wait ten years and then make an assessment.

one game does not equal a career.

Well it hasn't been one game. I think comparisons are inevitable and worthwhile.

Re: for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forwa

Ghost of 29 said:
How much better did our forward line look with Griffo up there? I know he didn't get much of it but his direct opponent didn't dare let him go so Jack was nearly always one out.

Well done by Dimma to get the kid in there.

Structure folks, it is all about structure ;)
Never a better word said

GoodOne said:
I think comparisons are inevitable and worthwhile.

you're right.

matthew richardson: 282 games , 800 goals, 13-time leading goal-kicker, 2007 best and fairest winner, 140 brownlow medal votes.

Jack Riewoldt: 58 games, 102 goals.

as i said, wait ten years and then make an assessment.