for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forward: | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

for those that said for years that we'd be better off without richo up forward:

Jackie Moon said:
GOING PRETTY WELL SO FAR ISN'T IT!?!?!

:cutelaugh

Yeah I already miss the days of us playing regular finals while big Richo was running around for us.

Yes, going fine with Riewoldt improving, Astbury getting games into him and Griffiths soon to come. It will be much better long-term.

We were going nowhere with Richo still getting games at 34/35 and he made the right move for himself and the club by retiring. Dead topic.

Barnzy said:
Yes, going fine with Riewoldt improving, Astbury getting games into him and Griffiths soon to come. It will be much better long-term.

We were going nowhere with Richo still getting games at 34/35 and he made the right move for himself and the club by retiring. Dead topic.

You are kidding!! ???

It was an absolute pleasure going to watch Richo and like all teams throughout history that have gone through periods of struggle, to have that one special thing to give reason to go to games week in, week out i can only thank what he did for the team. People who bring this utter garbage up all the time show to me their complete misunderstanding of what this game is all about.

You must remember he had one of his best seasons in his second last one. He was not a burden on the team he was a shining example of what the rest of the team should have been doing and that is busting their gut for the JUMPER.

mb64 said:
He can't kick many goals,needs alot of improving

He's on target for 45+.

Would be very happy with that and would be a very good effort from a 21 year old KPF in a struggling team. Seriously, the Riewoldt bashing around here is starting to get pathetic. People need to get some perspective.

shamekha said:
You are kidding!! ???

It was an absolute pleasure going to watch Richo and like all teams throughout history that have gone through periods of struggle, to have that one special thing to give reason to go to games week in, week out i can only thank what he did for the team. People who bring this utter garbage up all the time show to me their complete misunderstanding of what this game is all about.

You must remember he had one of his best seasons in his second last one. He was not a burden on the team he was a shining example of what the rest of the team should have been doing and that is busting their gut for the JUMPER.

I couldn't care less. Yes, he was a champion but he was 34 going on 35 and we were rebuilding. The obvious decision of him retiring was the best thing for the club and himself. Not arguing with anyone though as it's a dead topic, move on.

shamekha said:
You are kidding!! ???

:clap

wayne said:
Yeah I already miss the days of us playing regular finals while big Richo was running around for us.

yeah we're on target to go 0-22 for the season we're so much better off now hey, with a forward set-up that consists of a player who would be a third option at any other club, a re-tread, and the rest who wouldn't get a game anywhere else.

:hihi

shamekha said:
You are kidding!! ???

agree 100%. richo was a reason to go to the football. Morton and Riewoldt are a reason to stay home and mow the lawns.

Barnzy said:
I couldn't care less. Yes, he was a champion but he was 34 going on 35 and we were rebuilding. The obvious decision of him retiring was the best thing for the club and himself. Not arguing with anyone though as it's a dead topic, move on.

you're missing the point. it probably was time for him retire, his body made that decision anyways.

the point is some supporters haven't been saying we should have gotten rid of him for the last couple of years ( as *smile* as that was, he nearly won a brownlow in 2008 ), they have been saying for the past 5-6-7 years that we'd be better off without him. well their dream has come true, and surprise surprise we're a rabble.

:cutelaugh

I don't think that anyone who follows the game was expecting anything different Jackie.

Jackie Moon said:
yeah we're on target to go 0-22 for the season we're so much better off now hey, with a forward set-up that consists of a player who would be a third option at any other club, a re-tread, and the rest who wouldn't get a game anywhere else.

You seem to know all the problems now what do you propose we do to rectify the situation? Fold and shut up shop or perhaps do exactly what Dimma is currently doing and start playing the guys that could form our forward line for the next 10-12 years? I'm pretty happy where we are right now to be honest, I thought it could've been worse but the boys are hanging in there. 0-22? Yes you're probably right and if that happens then we'll wear it and move on to 2011. :gotigers

Danog said:
I don't think anybody thought that we'd be better straight away without Richo.

quite a few felt Richo demanded the ball to much, and kept leading to the ball in the way of the other forwards

by getting rid of Richo, the theory was Schulz, Hughes, and Reiwoldt would be more easily able to prosper without his interference

I think the person who started this post is trying to make a point in that regard

Barnzy said:

Don't agree with your first sentence. I do care - and wish it could have been different.
But totally agree with the rest.

Tiger74 said:
quite a few felt Richo demanded the ball to much, and kept leading to the ball in the way of the other forwards

by getting rid of Richo, the theory was Schulz, Hughes, and Reiwoldt would be more easily able to prosper without his interference

I think the person who started this post is trying to make a point in that regard

i agree i can see how people can come to this conclusion.

However i always thought that it was the coaches that needed to be able to organise this up. i look at how Brown and Bradshaw worked together and i believe that Brown demands the ball just as much as Richo did. As does most forwards of the same calibre. Carey and Longmire, Lloyd and Lucas, Dunstall and Brereton.

What i think Richmonds problem was is that we never had another player good enough or was properly developed into the role needed.

i dont think anyone can blame Richo for that. He was playing his part