First Game of the Season Poll- Vs Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

First Game of the Season Poll- Vs Freo

How will you follow the game?

• Live at the ground

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Telly

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • Radio

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • PRE

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Won't follow it

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
1/4 time Dockers 24, Tigers 1, dockers kicked with a 3 goal breeze.
What a knob Dwayne Russell is, McIntosh was outnumber 2 to 1, he got a fist on it and Russell said the Tigers got lucky, Duntstall gave him the credit he deserved.

McIntosh looking really good. Hopefully continue on from the gains he made last year.

Chol exciting as well - few strong grabs and looks to be very quick.

Rancey18 said:
McIntosh looking really good. Hopefully continue on from the gains he made last year.

Chol exciting as well - few strong grabs and looks to be very quick.

Looks like he was born Aussie Rules.

mexican_radio said:
by the look of the score it's a trainwreck, what do you all think?

It's just a trial match and our approach has been to give our young players some experience. Result is not a big issue so don't read too much into it.

Look for glimpses of promise and positive or promising efforts; that's all really.

Example: Marcon has just kicked an excellent goal and we've started to use the ball far better. Good signs from Chol etc.

OMG, Chaplin is cutting up Dawson (not that hard) but jeez, radio commentators have just called him 'outstanding!' They're even saying Tiges have got on top.

This is what I mean!!!!!

leon said:
OMG, Chaplin is cutting up Dawson (not that hard) but jeez, radio commentators have just called him 'outstanding!' They're even saying Tiges have got on top.

This is what I mean!!!!!

It's good to see the footy back in the spotlight, but unfortunately it comes with the commentators....

tigerman said:
1/4 time Dockers 24, Tigers 1, dockers kicked with a 3 goal breeze.
What a knob Dwayne Russell is, McIntosh was outnumber 2 to 1, he got a fist on it and Russell said the Tigers got lucky, Duntstall gave him the credit he deserved.

Yep - thought the same myself after that comment. Only Tiger comments from Russel have been negative so far.

Much improved 2nd. quarter. Marcon looks OK, but as someone else wrote Morris is not up to it. It really is the men against the boys so don't get too down Mex, as it is just that.

Good to see some good tackling, which has not been one of our strengths in the past. The newbies will get a lot from this game.

See how things pan out in the last 2 quarters. Don't forget, Freo have kicked 8 goals 1, so they have had the luxury of good goal kicking.

percyms said:
Yep - thought the same myself after that comment. Only Tiger comments from Russel have been negative so far.

Agreed. I have turned off the sound and will watch without the bias.

Good signs : Conca, CEllis, Soldo, Menadue.
Poor signs : Batchelor, Morris.

Overall not too bad. Very windy tough kicking weather.

B1

1st half round up.
Griffens & Astbury both rubbish
Townsend kicks like a donkey
Batchelor looks lost
Why give away a first rounder for a small forward?
Choi and Menadue look ok
Can't see the benefit of playing a practice match with your reserves side.

zippadeee said:
1st half round up.
Griffens & Astbury both rubbish
Townsend kicks like a donkey
Batchelor looks lost
Why give away a first rounder for a small forward?
Choi and Menadue look ok
Can't see the benefit of playing a practice match with your reserves side.
Go to bed

Conca our best so far. McIntosh ok but poor disposal. Lambert ok. Marcon and Broad got into it in the second quarter after looking off the pace in the first, but neither a great kick. Chappy a better second term. Chol's first two touches a real highlight - we've got a beauty there. Griff ok in the ruck but same goal kicking yips. Lloyd, Lennon, BEllis all meh. Corey ok. Floss ok. Townsend quiet. Ty a head knock and off in the first. Menadue a few nice things including our first goal. Batch needs a haircut, he's the reverse Sampson. Morris awful.