Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

It's unbelievable in 2022 we still have clowns in the crowd that call out racist crap.
Last night 2 of our players were abused from over the fence.
This is from a club that had great players like Waganeen, Long and Kickett play for them.
Absolutely shocking.
Ban them for life

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I posted last night that there were a lot of bogan, chippy, loud mouth Arsendon supporters making arses of themselves.

You’d think after their disgraceful week, their garbage year again, they’d just sit there and quietly cop their flogging, but no.

They’re a *smile* of a club with a lot of ordinary fans.

Reactions: 5 users
Yep, rationally Hird makes no sense. He wasnt very successful the 1st time around, despite all the resources he could possibly ask for. And in the last 10 years he has spent a few weeks in the box at GWS, watching them get beat each week.
Compare that to Yze, Kingsley or whatever other assistants are keen.
The funny thing is Essendon supporters will tell you that Hird did a fantastic job

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
So since 2007 Essendon have had Sheedy, Knights, Hird, Goodwin, Thompson, Egan, Worsfold and Rutten. Fair roll call there. That's a coach every 2 seasons on average (2.6 if you take out the 2 temp coaches in Egan and Goodwin)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Sadly there's a few of these types of *smile* barracking at every club. Not only does every club have Indigenous players these days, Indigenous players make up a large % of the greatest and most exciting players to ever play the game based on per capita of players. Not sure there's ever gunna be a cure for pathetic, but one can only hope.

watching offsiders today was interesting to hear Waleed's comments about the Bombers.

He said once again, their processes are back to front - gotta do the external review first. But also that Rutten wont last - not only because he knows he isnt wanted but because what were to happen if theyr were 1 and 4 next year. Does the circus start again?

His views On Hird make perfect sense - and it makes me laugh why the Bombers cant see it.

He said if there was a senior coach position vacant at any club, Hird would not be on that club's shortlist - simply b/c he hasnt done the assistant role properly like Voss had after his first coaching stint. So if no other club woud consider him, why do essendon ppl continue to make out he's the right choice?
Exactly right Waleed.
Essendon were told by the media and the AFL their turds were made of rainbows for so long they still believe it.

Reactions: 1 users
Dimma I hope will make a call , if not already and invite him back next year to look after the area he built.

Only if he wants too. The hurt will be raw today even if he knew it was coming today.

The cap increases next year so Rutten would be good for our backs.

Just my opinion.

watching offsiders today was interesting to hear Waleed's comments about the Bombers.

He said once again, their processes are back to front - gotta do the external review first. But also that Rutten wont last - not only because he knows he isnt wanted but because what were to happen if theyr were 1 and 4 next year. Does the circus start again?

His views On Hird make perfect sense - and it makes me laugh why the Bombers cant see it.

He said if there was a senior coach position vacant at any club, Hird would not be on that club's shortlist - simply b/c he hasnt done the assistant role properly like Voss had after his first coaching stint. So if no other club woud consider him, why do essendon ppl continue to make out he's the right choice?
Exactly right Waleed.
The irony of Essendon’s approach at the moment is delicious. I have just watched Barhams presser. So….let me get this right…..

They want a new coach as soon as possible. It needs to be a seasoned coach. So therefore by extension newbies need not apply.

They will run a full and thorough “process” as well as launch a full and thorough external review “process”. The Essendon football club is well capable of running these concurrently. Apparently.

So…….a new but seasoned coach thinks ‘gee, I can’t wait to coach the bombers, they are the bestest!” And he does his comprehensive pitch with hopefully a fully functioning laptop that can do a ripper PowerPoint presentation. Color’s. Graphs. Music. The lot. And the board does say” and Lo, you shall be our new coach you good thing”.

And the new coach goes home all chuffed. Then after he starts working through what he has to do and how to and who to use within the club, the external review is completed and half the people he thought he would use are to be terminated. And they recommend not to use PowerPoint as there is a new presentation program. And he is disillusioned and sore afraid that he will be “Ruttened”.

Essendon could NOT run a school tuck shop at the moment!

Happy Happy days!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
The irony of Essendon’s approach at the moment is delicious. I have just watched Barhams presser. So….let me get this right…..

They want a new coach as soon as possible. It needs to be a seasoned coach. So therefore by extension newbies need not apply.

They will run a full and thorough “process” as well as launch a full and thorough external review “process”. The Essendon football club is well capable of running these concurrently. Apparently.

So…….a new but seasoned coach thinks ‘gee, I can’t wait to coach the bombers, they are the bestest!” And he does his comprehensive pitch with hopefully a fully functioning laptop that can do a ripper PowerPoint presentation. Color’s. Graphs. Music. The lot. And the board does say” and Lo, you shall be our new coach you good thing”.

And the new coach goes home all chuffed. Then after he starts working through what he has to do and how to and who to use within the club, the external review is completed and half the people he thought he would use are to be terminated. And they recommend not to use PowerPoint as there is a new presentation program. And he is disillusioned and sore afraid that he will be “Ruttened”.

Essendon could NOT run a school tuck shop at the moment!

Happy Happy days!!!!
"We're a great club", "We're a great club", We're united".......laughable. Mince reckons Jimmy Boy is 100% for the job.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
So since 2007 Essendon have had Sheedy, Knights, Hird, Goodwin, Thompson, Egan, Worsfold and Rutten. Fair roll call there. That's a coach every 2 seasons on average (2.6 if you take out the 2 temp coaches in Egan and Goodwin)
And four premiership coaches among them.

Dimma I hope will make a call , if not already and invite him back next year to look after the area he built.

Only if he wants too. The hurt will be raw today even if he knew it was coming today.

The cap increases next year so Rutten would be good for our backs.

Just my opinion.
Can he bring his Carracella handbag back with him!

• Haha
I would take Truck back but not sure about Cara. Didn't like the way he left and not sure the club did either.

Reactions: 2 users
Sportsbet odds on next Bombers coach

$3.75 - Ross Lyon
$4.50 - Adam Kingsley
$5.50 - Daniel Giansiracusa
$6.00 - Blake Caracella
$6.00 - James Hird
$9.00 - David Teague
$10.00 - Adam Yze
$10.00 - Leon Cameron
$11.00 - Don Pyke
$13.00 - Justin Lepptisch