Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Haaarrrgh. Poor Essendrugs.
Incumbent Prez white anted n punted, shiny new Prez face planting at the first opportunity.
Contracted coach back doored, abandoned n hanging by a thread.
No Clarko n no currently viable plan B.
Players pissed off that once again there's dramas n sagas splattered all over the meedjia daily.
Sheedy, Wispy n Hymie all frantically manipulating n disrupting in the darkened corners while spruiking through the meedjia.

Nothing like a twisted n bizarre sporting soap opera played out in full view to keep us amused leading up to the finals.
I am wondering if there is a player or two who may want out ? I reckon Merrett would be dirty on the fact that he committed to them and is now stuck.

To be honest I am not sure if there is anyone there I would target for Richmond. Draper will be very good but we have more pressing needs than a ruck.

watching offsiders today was interesting to hear Waleed's comments about the Bombers.

He said once again, their processes are back to front - gotta do the external review first. But also that Rutten wont last - not only because he knows he isnt wanted but because what were to happen if theyr were 1 and 4 next year. Does the circus start again?

His views On Hird make perfect sense - and it makes me laugh why the Bombers cant see it.

He said if there was a senior coach position vacant at any club, Hird would not be on that club's shortlist - simply b/c he hasnt done the assistant role properly like Voss had after his first coaching stint. So if no other club woud consider him, why do essendon ppl continue to make out he's the right choice?
Exactly right Waleed.

Reactions: 8 users
Can I also say, watching the replay (we were pretty high up last night, so missed a few plays live), Essendon are simply an ordinary group of players.
Unbalanced list full of flankers and small mids.

And they are my worst preferred mids - the accumulators that dont hurt you with their 40 possies - Merrett, Parish, Shiel. McGrath playing HB on a Bolton type - as a Number 1 pick - is a horrid look.

Really poorly put together list.
To the Essendon Board: pls do NOT get rid of Dodoro.

Reactions: 16 users
Dear Essendon board,

Please choose Hird. You know it makes sense.

Thanks in advance

The Football Public

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
And they are my worst preferred mids - the accumulators that dont hurt you with their 40 possies - Merrett, Parish, Shiel.

Great observation, there's something to that. Our mids are the opposite in some ways that are hard to see in the stats

Reactions: 2 users
1661054411519.png

They will be thorough and diligent and then throw that out and appoint whoever the coteries want.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I knew Dave Barham 30 years ago when he played 2s at Surrey Hills footy club. He used to only play half the game because he had to leave as he was a cameraman for ch10 for the footy. The next year he started his own business filming/recording footy and away he went. Nice guy, terrible footballer.

Around 1932, 33?

Still very much a coterie club, no doubt about it.

Quite a feat in 2022.

A stubbornness that is almost admirable.

Reactions: 1 user
Can I also say, watching the replay (we were pretty high up last night, so missed a few plays live), Essendon are simply an ordinary group of players.
Unbalanced list full of flankers and small mids.

And they are my worst preferred mids - the accumulators that dont hurt you with their 40 possies - Merrett, Parish, Shiel. McGrath playing HB on a Bolton type - as a Number 1 pick - is a horrid look.

Really poorly put together list.
To the Essendon Board: pls do NOT get rid of Dodoro.

It raises questions when not only has Dudoro kept his job this long when he is so clearly not good at it, but when he also, apparently, holds an outsized level of influence within the club. Must be an excellent politician and/or know where some bodies are buried.

Reactions: 4 users
watching offsiders today was interesting to hear Waleed's comments about the Bombers.

He said once again, their processes are back to front - gotta do the external review first. But also that Rutten wont last - not only because he knows he isnt wanted but because what were to happen if theyr were 1 and 4 next year. Does the circus start again?

His views On Hird make perfect sense - and it makes me laugh why the Bombers cant see it.

He said if there was a senior coach position vacant at any club, Hird would not be on that club's shortlist - simply b/c he hasnt done the assistant role properly like Voss had after his first coaching stint. So if no other club woud consider him, why do essendon ppl continue to make out he's the right choice?
Exactly right Waleed.
Yep, rationally Hird makes no sense. He wasnt very successful the 1st time around, despite all the resources he could possibly ask for. And in the last 10 years he has spent a few weeks in the box at GWS, watching them get beat each week.
Compare that to Yze, Kingsley or whatever other assistants are keen.

Reactions: 1 users
Even if Hird had done his time it’s such a regressive move culturally, symbolically, spiritually.

A strong board would veto such an option. A strong board.

Reactions: 4 users