Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

I would like to see him go on. having top mids who are fit and playing can make a big difference. Now days, it's too difficult for one player to be dominate without strong support. if you take the guts out of any team, their best player would not be winning games for you.

Reactions: 1 user
This week apparently
He's doing a Wayne Campbell?

Makes no sense.

Could never understand why Souper stopped on 297.
He certainly could have played 3 more games.

Surely Dusty has got 4 more games in him?

Make him sub.
Just got to get there.

Reactions: 1 users

Makes no sense.

Make him sub.
Just got to get there.
I get what you mean but it wouldn't surprise me if the 300 game thing didn't mean anything to him. Won't make much of a difference to his legacy.

Reactions: 2 users
Hard to watch him like this. Bye in or retire.
No. He has never been anything but honest. He is not physically able to be elite now and it must be hard for him not to be able to live up to his own expectations.
Also, to lose Cotch and Jack would have a massive impact.
I hope Ralphy talks him into the 300. It will be a merchandising bonanza.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of mixed messages in the media from the weekend. 1. Ralph is gauging interest from rival clubs. 2. Dustin enjoys being at Richmond but struggles for motivation to reach the same heights for training & playing. 3. Brendan Gale wants to make his parting gift to RFC a deal that keeps Dustin at the club.

I think we know what this means . . .

The media have absolutely no idea, Dusty has told them his usual - absolutely nothing, and they are making sh!!t up as usual.

Let's see what Dusty decides. It is his decision, the timing of the decision and announcement are up to Dusty, and we can all be very grateful he played for our team.

DS

No. He has never been anything but honest. He is not physically able to be elite now and it must be hard for him not to be able to live up to his own expectations.
Also, to lose Cotch and Jack would have a massive impact.
I hope Ralphy talks him into the 300. It will be a merchandising bonanza.
Jon Ralph?

A lot of mixed messages in the media from the weekend. 1. Ralph is gauging interest from rival clubs. 2. Dustin enjoys being at Richmond but struggles for motivation to reach the same heights for training & playing. 3. Brendan Gale wants to make his parting gift to RFC a deal that keeps Dustin at the club.
This in itself is dumb from the club, as much as Dusty is a legend of the club, and will forever be. He shouldn’t be “convinced” to play on next year

Makes no sense.

Make him sub.
Just got to get there.
Campbell would have had to play another season for 3 games. Dusty can do it this year and still have some left.

I suspect that along with lingering leg injuries which are hampering his game, Martin is probably also struggling with the mental side of things especially with the 300 game milestone coming up and for such a significant milestone the loss of his Dad would be hitting home hard.

Is Sam McCure still running with “Dusty to the Suns next year?”

• Haha