Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Hes clearly playing sore could barely move sidways and was slower than graham in the second half

Reactions: 1 user
Hes clearly playing sore could barely move sidways and was slower than graham in the second half
I can't diagnose remotely, Webbie. Is it the calf that won't heal? Maybe a soleus but maybe a corkie turned... compartment?

At any rate it's a fine line. We have to keep playing him to keep him tempered for the game. I hope we do that and he plays again next year.

Reactions: 1 users
I can't diagnose remotely, Webbie. Is it the calf that won't heal? Maybe a soleus but maybe a corkie turned... compartment?

At any rate it's a fine line. We have to keep playing him to keep him tempered for the game. I hope we do that and he plays again next year.
He had alot of work on his hip again this week as well as last week.

Reactions: 1 users
Get him to 300 then thank-you very much for me just like Grimes ,Graham, Prestia, Macca time to move on.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Rumours rife this morning that he is going to retire
Told those close to him it’s over
Watch this space

• Wow
Can't see Martin playing on anywhere next season.
He's no longer the dynamic player he was.
Would only tarnish his reputation if he were play in 2025.
It's been a great ride with Martin but, in my opinion, the journey is over.

Reactions: 5 users
Two arms, two legs n one head, same as pretty much everyone else. Sadly even the superstars get old n tired one day and become mere mortals. The Dusty one be looking to be swimming in the same pool that Shedda, Jaaack n Cotch have recently swum in, that one with the big hungry retirement shark lurking deep.

Reactions: 2 users
Can't see Martin playing on anywhere next season.
He's no longer the dynamic player he was.
Would only tarnish his reputation if he were play in 2025.
It's been a great ride with Martin but, in my opinion, the journey is over.
Had even recently thought he had more in him - but now think you’re right

Use the sub to get him there. 5 more?

4 more. 3 and then his 300th.

I'm thinking with his fitness levels etc they will want to get him right for his 300th. It does make you question why we are playing Dusty (especially if he's carrying something in the midfield) and then leaving Shai as the deepest forward, seems completely counter productive especially when you saw things happen when Shai went in the middle on Saturday. I'd have Dusty 1 out, deepest forward for the next 3 games, we have 7 day breaks for all of them, Brisbane, Essendon and Geelong.

I reckon he plays his 300th against Hawthorn, and rests the week before by not flying to Adelaide. Then let him loose to play where he wants against Hawthorn. 1 last crack of the whip from the greatest player I've seen, and then go out on a bang.

That game against Hawthorn, if it is potentially his 300th and his last game will be filled with emotion.

Reactions: 3 users
A lot of mixed messages in the media from the weekend. 1. Ralph is gauging interest from rival clubs. 2. Dustin enjoys being at Richmond but struggles for motivation to reach the same heights for training & playing. 3. Brendan Gale wants to make his parting gift to RFC a deal that keeps Dustin at the club.