Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Feel sorry for anyone who bought any "retirement merch" apart from that I am not fussed, not as if the Suns will be getting him in his prime, my memories are of a superstar in a Tigers jumper. The Suns supporters memories will be of a guy in a orangeish/redish colored shirt that went on too long that wont be even a shadow of what we got to see.

Yep. We have become a basket case in a very short amount of time.

Heads should roll due to the past 4 years.
Ummmm. Prez gawn. CEO gawn. Coach gawn. Senior recruiter / list manager gawn. Fitness / conditioning boss gawn. Captain n half the players gawn. How many more heads gotta roll?????

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The only bastion of happiness I would get from this is knowing that Hardwick will eventually *smile* over the Gold Coast Suns too. He’s *smile* over his wife, *smile* over the Richmond Football Club, *smile* over his good mate Stewart Dew and history will repeat with Gold Coast somehow.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

which is what I was pointing out from the outset in my criticism of Robinson, Twomey, Lane, Cooney and anyone from GCS speaking publicly on record.

to omit the AFL rule on retired players is an incredibly cynical trolling exercise the like of which I dont think we've seen.

our tears have barely dried FFS

Reactions: 3 users
If it happens it is on Martin, not the club. He told us he was done and he retired. Didn't even finish the season.

At least the others have told us the truth and are allowing us the chance to get good compensation. If Dusty plays with them we get *smile* all. How is that fair that GC get one of the greatest players in the history of the game for nothing.
What do you expect compo wise?lol
If he goes he'd be on the basic wage.
We're getting a heap of picks this year and your worried about a 3rd pick at best.

If Dusty does continue he will need bloody good coverage from fellow midfielders. It all fell apart for him and us when he no longer had it at Richmond.

What do you expect compo wise?lol
If he goes he'd be on the basic wage.
We're getting a heap of picks this year and your worried about a 3rd pick at best.
I’m not worried about a compo pick although something is better than nothing. You think the greatest finals player in history should be able to completely *smile* the club that has paid him for 15 seasons and helped shaped him into what he is today? Tell us all how much he loves us but he has no more to give because he’s cooked and 5 minutes later saunter into the plastic AFL love child? All of a sudden he’s not cooked and has more to give? And Richmond just cops it and shrugs their shoulders? You think that’s acting with integrity?

Why wasn’t he honest about it? Why the subterfuge? Obviously has something to hide. Obviously been taking lessons from the master of subterfuge Hardwick. There is undoubtedly something happen as GC has confirmed he approached them. There not gonna say that if it didn’t happen. Nothing to gain in that.

There are ways you do things and ways you don’t. He didn’t need to do it this way.

Reactions: 10 users
Did D. Martin actually say he was retiring ?

The club did. But did D. Martin ?

There was nothing from the Martin camp using the words 'Retire' that I could see.

Even Raplh Carr posted in Instagram (below) on Martin's last game. Not sure if that has a hidden message in it now -

@dustinlmartin “ the people’s champion “ exemplifies loyalty & excellence in @afl . His dedication to the @richmond_fc & tiger army is unquestionable…
Love you my friend RC

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users