Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

What is going on on here

Like him or not, Hardwick was a wonderful coach.

I say was because he may well have lost his rabid hunger for good

But let’s not pretend he somehow *smile* us over

He’s just one man and operated within a far wider organisation.

Reactions: 13 users
Wow. This thread most recently resembles Trump’s iPhone outgoings.

I get that fans are upset but the vitriol and history rewriting is building to some monstrous hysteria.

Yeah, we are in a very, very poor position. But Hardwick is only a part cause of this situation. To blame him for everything is ridiculous.

Reactions: 7 users
Our longest serving coach & got us 3 flags.

The way it’s unfolded, he was probably 12 months away from being sacked. He was smart enough to see the writing on the wall when Lynch got injured & jumped first before being pushed.

I understand many feel like a jilted lover & I too don’t look at him in the same light but he doesn’t really owe us anything given what he achieved with us.

I’m far more annoyed by Dan’s personal decision to break his contract than I am our fmr coach.

Reactions: 15 users
I’m far more annoyed by Dan’s personal decision to break his contract than I am our fmr coach.
This is where I’m at. But Hardwick must’ve got in his ear, and we know Dan spent time in the Hardwick home. Not hard to see where
Dimma played some cards, and perhaps taking advantage of Dan and his fiancé digging the thought of living on the Gold Coast, which for some is still a weird idea of a lifestyle paradise..

Reactions: 2 users
This is where I’m at. But Hardwick must’ve got in his ear, and we know Dan spent time in the Hardwick home. Not hard to see where
Dimma played some cards, and perhaps taking advantage of Dan and his fiancé digging the thought of living on the Gold Coast, which for some is still a weird idea of a lifestyle paradise..
That's right. Dimma's doing the shopping.

Reactions: 5 users
Graig I wouldn't shut down anyone who would bag him or say that Carcella and McCrae won us the flags.
But the more I think about it the more I think I was in the wrong.
He was rudderless and unstable in his last 15 months. Making decisions on the run without any thought. And then bolting when things went to *smile*.
I say it again, in professional sport, in 50yrs how many team sport coaches have gotten up mid team without being asked to leave or being sacked?? It's unheard off.
It now matches the day GR got rid of jewell in 81 to replace him with Bourke.

Dimma: I’m sick of cooking these sausages at Richmond

Also Dimma: Hey Sausage Rioli, wanna come and play under me again? There’s Wayne Campbell here, and Shaun Grigg. Rancey helps out. Brad Miller is up here too. Craig Cameron and Hayden Hill are up here too, you’ll love it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Dimma: I’m sick of cooking these sausages at Richmond

Also Dimma: Hey Sausage Rioli, wanna come and play under me again? There’s Wayne Campbell here, and Shaun Grigg. Rancey helps out. Brad Miller is up here too. Craig Cameron and Hayden Hill are up here too, you’ll love it.
Time for us to gain royalties.

• Haha
I bear no grudge at all to Dimma except perhaps he could of departed at the end of the previous year, we could of appointed Kingsley.

Reactions: 7 users
I bear no grudge at all to Dimma except perhaps he could of departed at the end of the previous year, we could of appointed Kingsley.
Shouldve bone at the end of 22 agreed but we made the Finals so he and the club went for broke and we Broke ..........................

I reckon he wouldve left if we finished 11th that season not 8th.

Before we start the Dimma can't coach narrative, have one more look at the 2020 GF Sound the Alarm quarter-by-quarter miked up video. I was very impressed.

This is primary evidence.

Opinions are like bums. Everybody has one.

But, the way he left us stinks to high heaven.
Don’t doubt he can coach , reckon his style is losing its gloss some as he’s struggled to adapt to the rule changes , no excuses for some of the sun’s loses this year to norf and wc , they should have belted the pair of them

Reactions: 1 users
All fair in love and war , just pay up you *smile*

Shouldve bone at the end of 22 agreed but we made the Finals so he and the club went for broke and we Broke ..........................

I reckon he wouldve left if we finished 11th that season not 8th.
One wonders had he have left after 22 would have Kingsley been a reasonable chance , tis rare that an assistant gets the main gig at same club , anyway means fa now , just always grated on me that he declared that 23 was always his ,last year

One wonders had he have left after 22 would have Kingsley been a reasonable chance , tis rare that an assistant gets the main gig at same club , anyway means fa now , just always grated on me that he declared that 23 was always his ,last year
I reckon Kingsley wouldve got the gig.

• Sad
There's definitely some blame on the club. But tell me this...

What club keeps a coach, but won't help build the list the coach asks for to be successful? What would it look like, if we'd won our third premiership, and Dimma walks and says, I want to keep being successful, but the club and I had different understanding of the list and where we needed to go.

No win situation for the club.
I get that it’s all easier in retrospect and had a lot of faith the club would make the right decisions. But they didn’t IMO but it’s water under the bridge. My comment was really about what a self obsessed *smile* dimma has become.

Reactions: 1 users
Too many bucket
grandma bong GIF
for old Dimma.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Just hope we can all be posting what a fraud, myth and immoral coach Yze is, in his thread in 14 years time.

With another 3 premiership cups tucked away at Punt Road.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users