Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I reckon Dimma is quietly shitting himself at the prospect of losing to us. Lots of false bravado coming from their camp.
Lots of rubbish coming from the GC Camp . Mark Evans and Wayne Campbell leading the hype with Dimma
Reality check March 9th

Reactions: 3 users
Stop the slagging of the bloke that gave us our lives back.
Who gives a *smile* he has gone to Gold Coast.
Who gives a *smile* he said he was burnt out.
Who gives a *smile* he broke up with his misses.
Who gives a *smile* who has joined him.

3 of the happiest days in my life are on the back of this bloke.
I will never bag him.

Hail the King
Reality is the 2 years of Rubbish , actually 4 as Benny Gale had to go to the Hub to “ fix “ things before the 2020 finals . Oh we all forgot that
Players lost respect when his marriage busted up

Reactions: 1 user
Stop the slagging of the bloke that gave us our lives back.
Who gives a *smile* he has gone to Gold Coast.
Who gives a *smile* he said he was burnt out.
Who gives a *smile* he broke up with his misses.
Who gives a *smile* who has joined him.

3 of the happiest days in my life are on the back of this bloke.
I will never bag him.

Hail the King
Amen Zips

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Leave me out of it Carter!!!
Sorry ant!

Only two weeks left, can’t wait. Feel like we’re starting a new era and in a weird way it feels comforting to be back to pre-golden era levels of pure hope.

• Love
Hardwick could not care less about the RFC now and that's fine with me. When he was employed by RFC he did his job that he was well paid for it. 3 Flags is a great achievement. However he is a paid employee for the opposition Club. We owe him absolutely nothing. He is getting paid extremely well by GCFC good for him.
He never refers to RFC in any positive light as he is now an employee for another Team. He is doing his job.

Hope we crush his dream like we did to Tommy in 1980. No Mercy.

Reactions: 5 users
Hardwick could not care less about the RFC now and that's fine with me. When he was employed by RFC he did his job that he was well paid for it. 3 Flags is a great achievement. However he is a paid employee for the opposition Club. We owe him absolutely nothing. He is getting paid extremely well by GCFC good for him.
He never refers to RFC in any positive light as he is now an employee for another Team. He is doing his job.

Hope we crush his dream like we did to Tommy in 1980. No Mercy.

I have no issue with Hardwick’s departure TT but I think he’s in a slightly more delicate position than he was at RFC.

At punt road he grew with the players, at GC he arrives as master coach and there is just the slightest taint that he left halfway through a season on his own accord.

When the challenges come, and they will, the players in his care need to believe in him 1000%.

I have no issue with Hardwick’s departure TT but I think he’s in a slightly more delicate position than he was at RFC.

At punt road he grew with the players, at GC he arrives as master coach and there is just the slightest taint that he left halfway through a season on his own accord.

When the challenges come, and they will, the players in his care need to believe in him 1000%.
True. even when he grew with the players, they rejected his convoluted game plan. Until Balme arrived and simplified it.

Sorry ant!

Only two weeks left, can’t wait. Feel like we’re starting a new era and in a weird way it feels comforting to be back to pre-golden era levels of pure hope.

I know when you start posting after summer footy can't be too far away.

Our triple Premiership coach will be up against us in the opening round (geez that's a shiit idea) in a few weeks so there's a bit of interest there much as I hate the blatant manipulation from the AFL.

Whatever your personal thoughts on Dimma, our lads have a bit of added impetuous to win given he quit on them, despite his personal reasons for doing so.
Whether that ammunition is enough to help us win is another matter but no doubt we'll be giving it a good shot even if it's just the opening ten minutes.

A number of our players will definitely be keen to prove themselves against their former coaches new toys..
A win over him to kick the season off with 4 points and then a win in the final round over them to seal a top 2 spot on the way to #14. :cupgold

Oh how good would that be , could you imagine the butt hurt all across the AFL

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Understand others feel different.
In my opinion some of its disingenuous and hypocritical, either because posters are moralistic or putting unrealistic expectations on football staff.
He's a coach, we're fans. One is a professional situation, the other is pure emotion.

We have different views, fine.
But plenty of potshots at Dimma. Even in your post you claim he jumped ship when it got too hard.
What about 2016? Or the first 10 rounds of 2010?
Or the excessively long hours he worked for 14 years?
Its a cheapshot.
Yeah he left us. He put in when he was with us though.

I sound like an apologist, or defending someone. I'd rather move on as I'm excited to see Yze coach this year
I've tried to stop posting on this topic, lest I sound like a broken record this topic is boring. I've made my feelings clear a long time ago, and am definitely
sick of hearing about this guy and would much, much prefer to move on to the Ooze Era. For someone who'd rather move on, you keep commenting.
But, you've asked me some questions/made some comments, I feel a need to respond - once. Reply to your hearts content after this I'm done with this fella until
he retires or rejoins us post coaching.

When it comes to burnout from a job, there's a bunch of literature I won't admit to being an expert to, but some of it suggests you need as much time off work altogether after quitting, to rehabilitate from the amount of burnout you've felt. Been burned out for 12 months minimum 12 months to get over it.
You can't honestly expect me to believe his burned out feeling was developed over a few weeks and he recovered just as fast.
I still have the Mark Knight Tiger hugging Dimma cartoon printed hanging next to my PC. I love what he did for us. I'll never forget 2017-2020. He helped (didn't do it solo) take us from absolute "Richmondy" Laughing stock to a tall poppy people wanted to knock down. Golden Era. However, he moved on waaaaay to quickly to match his no gas left in the tank type commentary. It's not credible.
I remember a coach of a team I followed quit the club he had coached for many years saying "My voice has turned into elevator music - no one wants
to hear it". If Dimma had basically said, I can't get the best out of these guys anymore, and you're better off without me - I'm failing here. I'd have said what guts,
what leadership. Good on ya mate. He didn't. He said I can't find another snag recipe, and I'm burned out. I just can't do it anymore....unless I get 6 more years, a huge
contract and a very very talented list.

The difference between 2016 and 2010, is that if he jumped ship then, he was finished as a coach. He worked his ass off to be a head coach. To quit
then was to sign away his AFL career. 2023? He has people contacting his management, and he knew he'd have a home to go to. He had a soft landing.
He chose a list that is absolutely chock full of talent, so he could have an easier path to try get the next premiership.

As I said and many, many others have said. We feel he bailed. We don't like it. However, it's wasted energy thinking about it any longer than the few minutes it
took to post this. So if you need me, maybe drop in here. https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/adem-yze.58174/page-71#post-3002576

I think the conversation will be much more entertaining than this dead horse.

Reactions: 6 users
I've tried to stop posting on this topic, lest I sound like a broken record this topic is boring. I've made my feelings clear a long time ago, and am definitely
sick of hearing about this guy and would much, much prefer to move on to the Ooze Era. For someone who'd rather move on, you keep commenting.
But, you've asked me some questions/made some comments, I feel a need to respond - once. Reply to your hearts content after this I'm done with this fella until
he retires or rejoins us post coaching.

When it comes to burnout from a job, there's a bunch of literature I won't admit to being an expert to, but some of it suggests you need as much time off work altogether after quitting, to rehabilitate from the amount of burnout you've felt. Been burned out for 12 months minimum 12 months to get over it.
You can't honestly expect me to believe his burned out feeling was developed over a few weeks and he recovered just as fast.
I still have the Mark Knight Tiger hugging Dimma cartoon printed hanging next to my PC. I love what he did for us. I'll never forget 2017-2020. He helped (didn't do it solo) take us from absolute "Richmondy" Laughing stock to a tall poppy people wanted to knock down. Golden Era. However, he moved on waaaaay to quickly to match his no gas left in the tank type commentary. It's not credible.
I remember a coach of a team I followed quit the club he had coached for many years saying "My voice has turned into elevator music - no one wants
to hear it". If Dimma had basically said, I can't get the best out of these guys anymore, and you're better off without me - I'm failing here. I'd have said what guts,
what leadership. Good on ya mate. He didn't. He said I can't find another snag recipe, and I'm burned out. I just can't do it anymore....unless I get 6 more years, a huge
contract and a very very talented list.

The difference between 2016 and 2010, is that if he jumped ship then, he was finished as a coach. He worked his ass off to be a head coach. To quit
then was to sign away his AFL career. 2023? He has people contacting his management, and he knew he'd have a home to go to. He had a soft landing.
He chose a list that is absolutely chock full of talent, so he could have an easier path to try get the next premiership.

As I said and many, many others have said. We feel he bailed. We don't like it. However, it's wasted energy thinking about it any longer than the few minutes it
took to post this. So if you need me, maybe drop in here. https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/adem-yze.58174/page-71#post-3002576

I think the conversation will be much more entertaining than this dead horse.
Amen. Long live our king Yze

Not bagging Dimma. He'll always have a huge place in Richmond history (ala on T. Hafey),

BUT

He's now on another team and fair game :cool:

Just imagine how the Dees supporters felt when Barrassi pulled the pin on them and went to the Tankers?

It's nothing new, the game is littered with history like this.

Personally, I will be forever grateful for 2017-2020 but I also recognise nothing stays the same in life, people change and in the final analysis, preaching X from a pulpit and delivering Y WILL lose trust, belief and respect, which I feel is what happened after 2020.

Being professional is one thing, being human is another.

Its no different in Sport, Business.....or life.

Just imagine how the Dees supporters felt when Barrassi pulled the pin on them and went to the Tankers?

It's nothing new, the game is littered with history like this.

Personally, I will be forever grateful for 2017-2020 but I also recognise nothing stays the same in life, people change and in the final analysis, preaching X from a pulpit and delivering Y WILL lose trust, belief and respect, which I feel is what happened after 2020.

Being professional is one thing, being human is another.

Its no different in Sport, Business.....or life.
Exactly right like when Jewell went to Stkilda.
And when The Gresh became a umpire

But let's face it, he's not the first successful, middle-aged man to prefer shiny pretty new things.
Haaarrgh. Lets get real here Jazzy one. Even unsuccessful tired old farts wouldn't mind some shiny pretty new things once in a while. Even if all they can do is imagine or dream about it.

• Haha