Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Looking at our result against the Pies and theirs against GWS it seems to me that the round 0 game will be a scrappy contest with the victor team being the first to play to the new coaches game plan the better.Juicy stuff IMO
Gold Coast will be well assisted by the umpires as well no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Looks like Dimma’s salary is taking up most of the cap. The bloke was cooked 3 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Jeez it would be great to go up there and really do a number on them.
He has been pumping them up all summer.
The pressure could come awfully quick.

Isn't there a saying "he who laughs last, laughs longest"

Plenty of folks having some fun here early. I hope we're not crying in a week...or September
Don't these punks have an overall winning record or level against us? eg head to head

• Haha
All I know, General, is that since 2017 the smile has been firmly plastered on my face. - even through the recent couple of years. The memories of those years will last a long time and will always bring me joy. We did it hard over that barren period from the early 80's (some of it self-inflicted), so the premierships recently are ever so sweet. I guess like a number on here, I look back over those decades of jokes/ridicule against us and feel a little aggrieved that some clubs just keep getting handouts to get to where we got in 2017. So yes, I will have a crack and joke against that plastic club up North and all the feel good stories coming out by the AFL and their lackeys in the Media. They may win during Round 0, but I will still keep on smiling in the afterglow of 2017 - 2020.

Reactions: 5 users
The pressure is far more on Hardwick than Yze in round zero.
The GC hierarchy have publicly stated their high expectations for his team. Dimma has added to that with his analysis of the talent on their list.
He isn't rebuilding this time. He's been recruited as a supercoach. Big difference.
A couple of practice game losses is far too early to make any judgment but safe to say I'm sure it wasn't the results they were after (to use a Dimmarism).
Finals are a prerequisite for the northern franchi$e & whilst he gets paid regardless, the pressure is on.

Alternatively Yze has come into a team that's already tasted success & our supporters will or should give him time.
Rightly as he looks to reshape our gameplan & list.
They're in very different situations.

Reactions: 10 users
Isn't there a saying "he who laughs last, laughs longest"

Plenty of folks having some fun here early. I hope we're not crying in a week...or September
Don't these punks have an overall winning record or level against us? eg head to head
Yeah, but that's been when Hardwick was in charge.

Yze's never lost to the GC.

And Hardwick's never lost to Richmond.

Clean slate.

Plus the saying isn't 'He who may or may not be laughing at the end gets to laugh now, and they who laugh now shouldn't because one day they might not'.

It's a bit of a mouthful.

• Haha