Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Agree mate, but there are some strange people out there who feel the opposite!
That's not " strange " people, that's definitely well into the realms of *smile* weird or somewhat deficient.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
When he said in his press conference after his resignation "I no longer have the energy to continue as senior coach!".

That's burnout........
Fair enough OldTiger. A lot of folk here are "surprised" that he's over burnout so quickly. I posted previously that I was badly burnt out once, I took a holiday on a beach in SE Asia and by the end of 3 weeks, I was totally over it and couldn't wait to get back to work. Others take longer to get over it.

Anyway he's gone now, and now he's the enemy but he's still a legend in my mind with those 3 flags.

Reactions: 8 users
Fair enough OldTiger. A lot of folk here are "surprised" that he's over burnout so quickly. I posted previously that I was badly burnt out once, I took a holiday on a beach in SE Asia and by the end of 3 weeks, I was totally over it and couldn't wait to get back to work. Others take longer to get over it.

Anyway he's gone now, and now he's the enemy but he's still a legend in my mind with those 3 flags.
When the job is under constant public scrutiny and the high pressure of results each week makes a senior coach burnout more ingrained and more difficult to get over. Particularly in the time frame Dimma has!

That being said, does it really matter? One chapter closes and a new one opens. Let's hope this new chapter has a many highs as the last chapter.........

Reactions: 3 users
When the job is under constant public scrutiny and the high pressure of results each week makes a senior coach burnout more ingrained and more difficult to get over. Particularly in the time frame Dimma has!

That being said, does it really matter? One chapter closes and a new one opens. Let's hope this new chapter has a many highs as the last chapter.........
I dont get how anyone outside of Dimma's skull can decide how long he should take to get over burnout and feel rejuvenated to coach again.

Maybe he's mental mentor, shrink or missus might have a say. The rest of us are in the nfi camp

Reactions: 4 users
I dont get how anyone outside of Dimma's skull can decide how long he should take to get over burnout and feel rejuvenated to coach again.

Maybe he's mental mentor, shrink or missus might have a say. The rest of us are in the nfi camp
You're right, too a degree. But one can sure have an opinion based on years of counselling....... and after all, this forum is mostly based on opinions.

Reactions: 1 users
You're right, too a degree. But one can sure have an opinion based on years of counselling....... and after all, this forum is mostly based on opinions.
Depends who has the degree :LOL:
My opinion is that a career coach can be a legend at our club and still want to leave. Without it being betrayal or trespass.
And no problem with him coaching again.

But a tiger fan. Nup.
You can take a break, focus on non-footy. Get into rugby or soccer or floating your boat. But yer cant change yer footy team

Depends who has the degree :LOL:
My opinion is that a career coach can be a legend at our club and still want to leave. Without it being betrayal or trespass.
And no problem with him coaching again.

But a tiger fan. Nup.
You can take a break, focus on non-footy. Get into rugby or soccer or floating your boat. But yer cant change yer footy team
No problem with him coaching elsewhere. It's the spurious reason he gave for finishing at Tigerland. If you're stuffed from coaching, it doesn't matter which clubs colours you go to coach, you'd still be stuffed in some way shape or form from coaching...... the fact would appear he was not stuffed from coaching, rather he just wanted out of Richmond because he burnt the sausages and wanted to go try another BBQ 🤣

No problem with him coaching elsewhere. It's the spurious reason he gave for finishing at Tigerland. If you're stuffed from coaching, it doesn't matter which clubs colours you go to coach, you'd still be stuffed in some way shape or form from coaching...... the fact would appear he was not stuffed from coaching, rather he just wanted out of Richmond because he burnt the sausages and wanted to go try another BBQ 🤣
He may still be burned out yet..

I don't get how anyone outside of Dimma's skull can decide how long he should take to get over burnout and feel rejuvenated to coach again.

I'm in the DGAF camp.

He coached a big, and massively underperforming, Melbourne club for 13.5 years. He delivered 3 flags.

I just DGAF because as Richmond coach he delivered.

I think he was tired of coaching Richmond, and coaching another team, especially a team where there is a small supporter base and a lot less scrutiny, will feel a lot less pressured.

DS

Reactions: 13 users

I Think he did us a Favour, he knew the club and players needed a new voice. A new start. We needed a different voice change of plan and someone that has the energy to build a new dynasty.
This is what is happening. I thank Dimma for what he has achieved and given the Richmond Football Club.
Just don't take Dusty and our staff..

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe Dimma just got tired of cooking them same old cheapo Coles n Woolies snags with onions at the weekend Bunnings sausage sizzle n decided to try his hand at one of those fancy little artisan hole in the wall pop ups. You know the type, free range organic hand crafted pork sausages with thyme n basil. soaked 24 hrs in a red wine garlic n chive marinade n presented atop a sour dough bun with a parsley n rosemary decorative bouquet that hipsters n foodie wankers would happily pay thirty bucks a pop for.

• Haha
As an aside each of our last 3 premiership coaches have coached at another club.
Tommy, Jewell and now Dimma.
The first two remained lifelong Tigers

Was Dimma's manager sounded out by the Suns, probably, did Dimma feel that he, and the players needed a change, probably.

Well played to the RFC on how Dimma's departure was handled, we are leading trend and culture setters.

Reactions: 5 users
If he's stuffed from coaching then he takes a break and goes again at coaching.
I dont we supporters can go tell another person to have a career change

Was Dimma's manager sounded out by the Suns, probably, did Dimma feel that he, and the players needed a change, probably.

Well played to the RFC on how Dimma's departure was handled, we are leading trend and culture setters.
Well said TM

The other thing Tigerman is that clearly Dimma was appointed before Jack and Cotchin’s last game but the announcement was made after that and he attended the match.
Not sure who made that decision but it was a good one.

Wonder if any journalist is going to have the courage to ask him about the parallels between leaving his wife for the younger shinier model and leaving the tigers for the GCS?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Wonder if any journalist is going to have the courage to ask him about the parallels between leaving his wife for the younger shinier model and leaving the tigers for the GCS?
Courage? Stupidity more like it. So yes someone will probably ask at some point.- but it will be framed as "some people are asking".

Courage? Stupidity more like it. So yes someone will probably ask at some point.- but it will be framed as "some people are asking".
If it was Chris Scott this place would be in meltdown over it.