Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I got no problems him leaving we needed a change , but people here think is immune to criticism because of the flags far from it.
Gloves are off when we play GC in 2024
Hope he doesn’t expect us to cheer him when he’s coaching against us

I got no problems him leaving we needed a change , but people here think is immune to criticism because of the flags far from it.
I agree.

And the club needs to be commended for its effort to keep it somewhat tidy even though I reckon it would've been a bit of a cluster. behind closed doors.

Dimma had already pretty much checked out and was on auto pilot a bit, its why he spent most of the preseason away from the joint.

Went through the motions on his return, vibe permeated through the club and was reflected in performance.

Players stopped caring when they realised he didnt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
One thing I liked was the backhanded slap to pies, gws and even Mini.
Stating that the Suns will play a style like theirs.
Basically said they are just copying his gameplan.

He can think that, but he may want to get his glasses checked. We have played very differently to Collingwood the last 3 seasons and while part of that is the players, I reckon a lot of it was Dimma.

It was a fairly uninspiring presser at the Goldie. Chief Honcho and Dimma were both found wanting, searching for words and phrases that sometimes didn't exist.

No Peggy or Benny there.

Talked about Brando hearing his stories again. If I was Brando I'd go for another contract as Dimma's disciple and inside man.

Reactions: 1 user
Call me shocked! Burned our until an well paid offer comes along! Good luck to him though but I trust he will not be expecting to get the same results from a much poorer playing list

What would Dew be thinking - all the right assistants in place, a future premiership team 80% built and primed for the next phase - and he is given the boot.

Reactions: 5 users
the end of 2020 was the nadir moment
Damien had upset the apple cart.
things got awkward within the club.
relationships were strained and remain so today.
the powers at the club have dealt with this with dignity and class.
over the course of time let’s hope there is some semblance of calm at tigerland.

Reactions: 5 users
I’m super happy for him. I’ll certainly be watching Gold Coast next year!

I’ve always liked the way Dimma operates, so it’ll be great to see how he goes up there.

Everything he said in the press conference was exactly what I would’ve expected him to say too. It just makes sense to emphasise the things he chooses to shine a light on. Smartest coach in the business.

Reactions: 2 users
He could give a little baggy of seawater to each player, tell them to imagine its a wave, a big Burleigh heads barrel that they're all gunna surf to a flag? Could work.
The imagining might work better if he gives them a little baggy of weed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Dimma was like a used car salesman today in the presser
80% of the next premiership team is in the room
Yep right
Seriously !!!

Its done. All good. We returned from the wilderness after 37 years and are worthy of respect again. The Hardwick era is over. He got us 3 flags. Thanks Dimma from the bottom of my heart. However. He is no longer our coach. He has seized the opportunity to coach a list of up and comers, without the anchor chain of a lopsided free kick count and rebuild his financial position after sorting out his divorce.

Nothing stays the same forever. If it did. Jack would still be kicking 70 goals a year, Cotch would be doing what he does, Shedda would be confusing the opposition with his sleight of hand and foot, Lambo would be doing what he does (reminding the rest of the comp how *smile* stupid they were to overlook him) and Alex would be telling his opponent that he was in for a baaaaaad day.

We must move on. Or we stay mired in the 37 years of mediocrity that we experienced recently.

Lot of spinning on AFL360....
Kandi Burruss Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Nathan Buckley said of Dimma this morning that you don’t walk away from one job unless you have another one ready to go. He thinks this deal was done months ago
Most coaches are sacked or told to fall on their sword, how many choose to walk away like Hardwick, few if any. Hardwick didn't need to have something lined up, as he knew he'd be in demand as the most successful coach of the past 10 years.