Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I think we played it poorly.

We would have been aware of the possibilities/probabilities if this happening and Gale should have given him a brutal offer. Leave now without a payout and without any restrictions, or we will pay you out for the remainder of the year, but you are our property for the 2023 and 2024 seasons.

To be completely honest, the entire club had been on a downward spiral since Benny and Peggy compromised their principles around Dimmas relationship with a staff member.
Oh no, anything but the downward spiral!
Yeah but hand models are in short supply so you were always very secure
True. You could put triple premiership coaches who are under 60 in that category too IMHO.

He's had a look at the list In just 4 weeks and decided 80% of their premiership list is there? Either he gets to a conclusion really quickly (poor Mrs hardwick) or he's been looking at them for longer than "burnout" would suggest.
Im just a footy fan and don't even barrack for GC, but even I can see that's fairly straightforward.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not barracking for dimma, I appreciate what he achieved with us, but now he's gone I hope he crashes and burns and we see some 'Dimma Dream turns into a Nightmare' headlines, but I find this manufactured outrage a bit odd, its like people feel like they've missed out on a good old fashioned Tiger coach knifing. Time was up at the Tiges, move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
feels 'like a kid at xmas with a brand new set of toys'

....as opposed to the broken ones he's left us with

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
5858 Umpire said,
How did Peggy and Brendon compromise.
All involved were adults, no issues of grooming or exploiting a work place relationship with a club employee or the like. While they probably all understood the sadness it caused for those closely connected, nothing to see as far as the football club as employer was concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
How long does he need to look at them? He’s seen them all season and prior. And the “80% of the next premiership side” line is just theatre, him showing his positivity.
Remember that thing before 2017, where he said he had to go back and speak to the recruiters and remind himself what everyone's strengths were, and that he was going to get everyone to play to their strengths in 2017.

So, you can use external scouting reports - sure. But he wouldn't have seen many GCS players in training, nor at VFL level. Yet he's sure 80% of the list is there? I agree it's likely all Sheedy style marketing, but you couldn't have formed that much of an opinion of 48ish players, in just a few weeks.

Remember, the day he re-signed, Caro said he's going to GC17. She'd had sources say as much. Now, we all hate her and her secret sources. But she's been fairly on the money with this one the whole way through. I've got no doubts in my mind that her intel has been good.

We paid a coach to have a holiday so he can prep for another side. Not going to regurgitate all the above I've said before.
But you can actually separate the being grateful for the 3 premierships, whilst still saying what he's done here is crap.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Remember that thing before 2017, where he said he had to go back and speak to the recruiters and remind himself what everyone's strengths were, and that he was going to get everyone to play to their strengths in 2017.

So, you can use external scouting reports - sure. But he wouldn't have seen many GCS players in training, nor at VFL level. Yet he's sure 80% of the list is there? I agree it's likely all Sheedy style marketing, but you couldn't have formed that much of an opinion of 48ish players, in just a few weeks.

Remember, the day he re-signed, Caro said he's going to GC17. She'd had sources say as much. Now, we all hate her and her secret sources. But she's been fairly on the money with this one the whole way through. I've got no doubts in my mind that her intel has been good.

We paid a coach to have a holiday so he can prep for another side. Not going to regurgitate all the above I've said before.
But you can actually separate the being grateful for the 3 premierships, whilst still saying what he's done here is crap.
Look at it that we paid him a bonus for winning us three flags. I would offer Newman a free six month holiday too if he delivers us three flags. Don't let it stress you out G.

Reactions: 9 users
giphy copy.gif

Booked for the next 6 years. Richmond home games v Huns at the Dump.
Can picture Dimma in a presser pre Rfc match up:

We (Suns) Love playing at Marvel !!!
Then a wide grin.

Wonder where that (his appointment) leaves Bobble and 2 Phones.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Look at it that we paid him a bonus for winning us three flags. I would offer Newman a free six month holiday too if he delivers us three flags. Don't let it stress you out G.
I'm not stressed at all - despite what it might seem.
I'm 100% more eager to find out who is going to be our coach, what list decisions they're going to make, and how we can get some more picks in the draft.

I don't think we've got many pieces for our next premiership on our list right now, so I'm all for November haha.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought his presser was nervous & a bit forced. Reverted to a few old tropes. Does he really have the passion he once did? Watch this space I reckon.
Too obvious. He's on uncharted waters with that club and that state, so we can say 'good luck'....coz that's all it really is.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought his presser was nervous & a bit forced. Reverted to a few old tropes. Does he really have the passion he once did? Watch this space I reckon.
I said it earlier.....Malcolm Blight type scenario here for me.

He's picked a side he's expecting will be a quick build. But they don't have a great culture. I think it's going to be harder than he expected.
Let's see if he has the patience, or he really just wanted a drive by.

Reactions: 1 users
Can picture Dimma in a presser pre Rfc match up:

We (Suns) Love playing at Marvel !!!
Then a wide grin.

Wonder where that (his appointment) leaves Bobble and 2 Phones.
He actually wanted Cholly back after his impressive season last year, but he's gone downhill. Interesting to see what Dimma does with both.

I said it earlier.....Malcolm Blight type scenario here for me.

He's picked a side he's expecting will be a quick build. But they don't have a great culture. I think it's going to be harder than he expected.
Let's see if he has the patience, or he really just wanted a drive by.
Tasmania ready and waiting in the late 20s....

The whole footy world has seen 14 years of Dimma already. They’ve watched the docos & read the books. He’s a well traveled path. The Suns have seen much of it too.
It’s going to be hard for him to be fresh, energised & authentic. He’s reinvented himself once already so I suppose he could do it again but he’s older & already climbed the mountains. Team AFL desperately want a messiah & will give him everything he needs to make them successful. I just hope there’s few tricks left in his showbag cause I *smile* hate that plastic organisation.

Reactions: 6 users
The whole footy world has seen 14 years of Dimma already. They’ve watched the docos & read the books. He’s a well traveled path. The Suns have seen much of it too.
It’s going to be hard for him to be fresh, energised & authentic. He’s reinvented himself once already so I suppose he could do it again but he’s older & already climbed the mountains. Team AFL desperately want a messiah & will give him everything he needs to make them successful. I just hope there’s few tricks left in his showbag cause I *smile* hate that plastic organisation.
He could give a little baggy of seawater to each player, tell them to imagine its a wave, a big Burleigh heads barrel that they're all gunna surf to a flag? Could work.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users