Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Nathan Buckley said of Dimma this morning that you don’t walk away from one job unless you have another one ready to go. He thinks this deal was done months ago
Thanks for your insights Nathan. Difference with Nathan is he was a failed coach and hence didnt have the luxury of backing himself. Dimma could have comfortably walked away knowing he'd have a choice of senior jobs.

Reactions: 2 users
If he beats Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon in the GF's then he'll deserve another statue.
Yep.
This Will Cheer You Up Season 2 GIF by Paramount+
let’s hope he has them peaking to deny these pitiful clubs success.

Reactions: 1 user
Funniest thing is what makes the whole media think he's gonna win flags at the Huns just because he won them with us.

This is all Micky Malthouse reborn. Dimma even looks and sounds as grey and skinny as Micky did when at Cartoon in the presser.
He’s lost kilos has Damien
Vegan Dieting GIF

Actually vomit inducing.

If you’re mentally exhausted and burnt out you don’t sign a six year contract a couple of months after walking out of your existing job.

If you're offered more than a million a year for 6 years you do. Plus a number of people in this thread have pointed out that 3 months is enough time to get over burnout in a job.

Reactions: 1 users
Nathan Buckley said of Dimma this morning that you don’t walk away from one job unless you have another one ready to go. He thinks this deal was done months ago
I've walked away from a job with nothing ready to go, a couple actually. And I know a few pretty successful people who have, and apparently it became pretty common during and since covid.

Reactions: 4 users
It’s probably for the best and we couldn’t have asked for more , however now it’s official it leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth ,?however that could just be the lemon Pepsi max I just had

• Haha
It’s probably for the best and we couldn’t have asked for more , however now it’s official it leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth ,?however that could just be the lemon Pepsi max I just had
The rocket in the salad sanga I just ate left a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

• Haha
he said "the fact of the matter is" minimum 4 times today.

he must've been aching to let them rip for months

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Thanks for :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold but the burnout factor didn’t last too long
Seems it got hard going sticking around for a rebuild took the easy way out it was GC or Port
Can Dimma please take Mini Dimma with him?

Last edited:
Now it is official, how many months do we have to listen to the media *smile* about Dusty going up there.

Now I know how Mrs Hardwick felt the last time Dimma started a new relationship on the Gold Coast.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Six years, hey - not bad for someone who was burnt out recently.

I want what he's having (smoking?).

I have no problems with Dimma leaving- the time seemed right and he can coach where he wants. However he Obviously had the ball rolling with GC, he told us a load of BS as to why he left Richmond and it was stated we paid out this year's salary - not happy about that.

Buckley is often wrong.

Dimma will need a reset too - don't think Gold Coast will accept him travelling OS through the entirety of the pre-season. He also will need to regain his hunger and a lot of his tricks won't work there.

But he is a winner pretty much everywhere he goes.

6 years is too long though.

If Dimma was still at Richmond after the year we have had there would be sack Dimma threads on every forum so I am glad we get a fresh reset and go again rather than another year of burnt sausages

Reactions: 6 users