Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

The latter part of this thread reads like a conspiracy theorist whack job blog.

I mean who cares. Dimma was cooked. He gave his all and brought more joy to us than anyone since Tommy.
He can go where he likes and do as well as he can. I will still love him as much as I do the man in the t-shirt.

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
When and where did Balmey say that?
In an interview not long after Dimma left. I can’t remember which station it was with but I only listened to it because another PRE member said he was going to be on.

Balmy was going through how the club found out and it was about half way through his answer. He didn’t highlight it, just said it and moved on with the story. He said it in a casual manner as if were the most logical thing and that Dimma agreed. But like I said, it wasn’t highlighted or even the central point it was just a small part of a much bigger answer.

Balmy was saying that Dimma looked like he’d had enough and it was time. If I remember correctly he said that Dimma’s decision didn’t totally blind side him but the timing was unexpected.

Anyway the big takeaway for me was that Benny was the one who decided there would be no farewell game and Dimma agreed.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe Dimma sees a sense of romance going to the Gold Coast?
after all, it's where his new relationship began ...

cough,cough...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

I mean who cares. Dimma was cooked. He gave his all and brought more joy to us than anyone since Tommy.
He can go where he likes and do as well as he can. I will still love him as much as I do the man in the t-shirt.
Exactly. Who *** cares !!!

Reactions: 6 users

Yep life is too short to be angry at someone who gave us 3 premierships especially when it was clear he'd run his race with the current group.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users

exactly. People getting indignant about not much, if anything. 13 plus years, and coach years are like dog years, and 3 flags, taken us from a laughing stock back to a powerhouse, and people are sooking that every aspect of his exit wasn't perfect based on 20 20 hindsight? Its whackyland.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Yep where ? The post is accurate champ
, although club will deny it . But who cares . I don’t !
So where's the source of this info? We just trust what you say? Have you got Caroline Wilson type sources?

Nobody here ever set up another job to go to if you've run your race at the previous one?
Call it burned out, needing a change whatever you like but 14 years is a long time in the one place.
He's climbed the mountain. The down slope looks less fun.

Thousands of coaches get sacked, he's gone out on his own terms. Big *smile* deal.

Dimma owes us absolutely nothing. We owe him plenty.

Reactions: 24 users
Hardwick left his job over 2 months ago- he may be looking to start another job in another 2 months.
I reckon a 4 month break is reasonable from paid work before getting back into it. I am sure he has been well paid, but i doubt he can travel the world forever.

And there is a lot of speculation on this thread being posted as fact- it is what we do- but posts on here, or rumour in the media doesnt make it fact.

Reactions: 2 users
Dimma never said he was burnt out. He may have insinuated that he burnt one side of the sausages, but that's about it

Reactions: 1 user
I will never bag the bloke for what he delivered us.:clap2:clap2:clap2

:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

Going by reports looks like he has spent some time in the kitchen and has worked on some new recipes.
Bangers anyone?
Wonder where that leaves 2 Phones and The Bobble (if/when he lands there)?

Would love to see Bobble return.
What is his contract status?
He's only 30. Today! Happy B'day Bobble.
Still a good runner.
Certainly more life left than Tazz.

Reactions: 1 users
I heard someone from inside the club talk about this a few weeks ago and the inference that Dimma had the GC job when he pulled the pin was strong.
I had mail from a mate preseason that if Dimma coached anywhere else it would be GC. He's always had a desire to live up that way. It wouldn't be a surprise to anyone in his circle that he'd take the job or GC would be tripping over themselves to sign him. I wouldn't speculate he had the job in RD5. I think that's just a realisation his heart wasn't in it and the message wasn't getting through at Richmond anymore. That's how I'd like to remember it anyway...