Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Yeah bit of a sliding doors moment (time will prove which way) as little doubt Kingsley would have got the job.
Might further add
Hindsight is a great thing
Dimma should of walked at the end of 2022
Why ?
Adam Kingsley would of been coach of the RFC in 2023
Missing out on Kingsley was what has me annoyed the most. We missed out on a very good coach who was right under our roof.

Reactions: 4 users
i cant believe anyone could be uspet about dimma leaving when he did. i sort of half wanted him out to be honest. he'd been coaching like a bag of *smile* since the end of 2021 anyway. good luck to him, and thanks for the awesome memories you gave us all.

this is the way

Reactions: 1 users
They tell you what they want to tell you
Utter BS
Everyone knows included RFC that Hardwick had his “ feelers “ out at Round 5
RFC knew he wanted out and wasn’t going to coach in 2024
Port Adelaide knew this thus had meeting during Round 5 ( Gather Round )
4 weeks later after a “ tap on the shoulder “ he resigns
The current situation with GC is very interesting
Why ? As they were into Ken Hinkley at start of year
Mark Evans now in Italy ( it makes good theatre hey ) trying to wooo Dimma
Guess what ? They are close friends who speak regularly. Could have just rang him seriously
As for Dimma being burnt out
Utter BS
2 weeks later he wants to coach again , really ?
Interesting when he left Punt Rd after the media conference he came back at 7am on the Thursday ( footy department day off ) to pick up his belongings. No send off for Dimma either for a reason
Major fall out with club
Only turned up for Cotchin 300 to save face

Even if all true, i harbour no ill feelings. People go through different things during different periods of their lives, I have absolutely no doubt we got the absolue best out of Dimma and the 3 flags are in the books.

AFL industry theres lots of changes, i dont care that i dont know every sorded detail, what i do know is he worked his backside off for majority of his 14 years and we fans finally saw success, lots of it.. Thats good enough for me and i wish him all the best for whatever he does in future, just not vs tigers!.

Reactions: 8 users
Look great full to Dimma , but his conduct from the fall out from the covid hub went downhill. He wasn't coaching great at all even preseason this year we looked so far off it.

Utter bs burnout for me he bailed on us knowing we we're a sinking ship from our glory days and still believe he had deal in place to go on to.The end left a sour taste for me.

At the end of the day we all have our views, opinions, theories, heresays.

We will never know the truth.

Reactions: 1 user
This seems like a retirement gig. Milk a few Million out of the AFL project and ride off into the sunset.
GCS gig is a hiding to nothing, Dimma orno Dimma, that joint will never be a success.
:ROFLMAO:

I could actually see a Dimma bring success to that club - they have that mix of star forward and mid power potential - amazing what you can do around 3 or 4 stars of the game and Dimma would also draw more star power to that club.

Every docker, sainter, and GWS supporter would turn in their grave if Dimma did make it to the holy grail at that place.

Reactions: 2 users
This seems like a retirement gig. Milk a few Million out of the AFL project and ride off into the sunset.
GCS gig is a hiding to nothing, Dimma orno Dimma, that joint will never be a success.
Interesting point. This is almost a last chance saloon scenario for the GCS project. If it fails to fire under Dimma, it’s time to board the joint up.

Reactions: 2 users
I reckon this is the old "let's go buy the shiniest piece of the puzzle trick" and that will fix all our problems (re: Clarkson at North). Dimma deserves a lot of credit for our 3 premierships. Maybe the most credit. But so does Peggy, Benny, Balmey...etc etc. And then a few blokes called Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance and Lynch (all future AFL hall of famers). Throw in 100,000 lunatics at the MCG.

Do Gold Coast have the equivalent less shiny pieces? If not...good luck Dimma! Enjoy the beach.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting when he left Punt Rd after the media conference he came back at 7am on the Thursday ( footy department day off ) to pick up his belongings. No send off for Dimma either for a reason
Balmy said that when Dimma told Benny he wasn’t up to coaching us anymore that Gale told Dimma if that’s the case then he wasn’t up for a farewell game either.

I wondered why nobody made a big deal out of it at the time. For what it’s worth I agree with Benny, you’re either in or you’re out. If you choose to leave then leave but don’t expect any favours on the way out.

Reactions: 1 user
The guy gave us three flags and had no unfinished biz at Punt Rd

Players loved him, he left at the right time

Nothing to see here except the likely departure of Livingstone and some others.

Good. They served the club immaculately and 2024 is looking fresher by the day.

Reactions: 7 users
Tend to agree. Let's see at end of 2028, if the Huns failed under Dimma, he'll probably bring up the cooking the snags line again and disappear into the sunset. Could get embarrassing for Dimma's reputation if Huns fail within those 5 years.

Tend to agree. Let's see at end of 2028, if the Huns failed under Dimma, he'll probably bring up the cooking the snags line again and disappear into the sunset. Could get embarrassing for Dimma's reputation if Huns fail within those 5 years.
There's nothing embarrassing about stuffing your pockets with cash

Reactions: 3 users
Hardwick's ending at Richmond couldn't have been handled any better. Regardless who thought he was finished or wanted him to stay forever.
He wasn't the best match day coach I've seen, but he made a playing group believe. He is always a players coach. But to say we dont like him because he bailed mid year is pure BS.
It was time for change. We love him regardless who he coaches but we need change and Q isn't the one either. We need someone from outside to come in to start the new chapter.
Good luck to him and his family he served our club well.

Reactions: 12 users
They tell you what they want to tell you
Utter BS
Everyone knows included RFC that Hardwick had his “ feelers “ out at Round 5
RFC knew he wanted out and wasn’t going to coach in 2024
Port Adelaide knew this thus had meeting during Round 5 ( Gather Round )
4 weeks later after a “ tap on the shoulder “ he resigns
The current situation with GC is very interesting
Why ? As they were into Ken Hinkley at start of year
Mark Evans now in Italy ( it makes good theatre hey ) trying to wooo Dimma
Guess what ? They are close friends who speak regularly. Could have just rang him seriously
As for Dimma being burnt out
Utter BS
2 weeks later he wants to coach again , really ?
Major fall out with club
Only turned up for Cotchin 300 to save face
I think I know where the utter BS is.

Reactions: 4 users
i cant believe anyone could be uspet about dimma leaving when he did. i sort of half wanted him out to be honest. he'd been coaching like a bag of *smile* since the end of 2021 anyway. good luck to him, and thanks for the awesome memories you gave us all.
I've put this elsewhere.

You don't line up a new girlfriend if you're still married. That's a dog act. He may not have been performing, and it might have been time for him to go. He may truly have been burned out. Also fine. I think he realised though, we were in for a rebuild, that his plan had backfired, and he didn't want his legacy tarnished with extra losses while
we re-tooled.

It's the setting something up in the background, so he has a soft landing that I don't like. Why would he give up his contract for next year if he didn't already
have a guarantee he'd be covered. Remember, there's an agreement that old clubs only have to pay the delta between old contract and new contract - so he likely wouldn't have had a wage from RFC next year anyway. Absolutely no risk to him at all financially.

If he wanted out because he was "burned out". Go. Sit out a year. Refresh yourself and go again. Fine.
But support chasing one last flag, bail when it gets tough - with a new sweetheart in the wings waiting, Go have a holiday while our season flounders
and then jump aboard a different club a few months later? One that has been topped up with high draft picks, academy picks etc, so you don't have too much of
a rebuild to go through. One that you were linked to the day you quit? Whilst the players that stayed for a finals tilt have continue to dig in for the club while he
holidays around the world?

Go *smile* yourself you traitorous, lack of integrity, Judas.

Of course, Mrs Hardwick could have probably already told us about lack of integrity, couldn't she?