Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Look GC have not got a bad list . He has bit of potential there. He will probably do ok . Just wonder who he might take with him (assistant .coaches, players etc ...I guess mini if he doesn't get Tigers job etc )

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Wonder if the club caught wind of this round 5 deal and asked Dimma to leave??

Love him but if true my admiration has been tarnished.
Don't like back door deals.
And if true, he has backdoored his mate Dew in the process.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Why is this being played out in the media - why doesn’t Evans just sneak off and do the negotiating quietly.

It is all a bit strange this day and age to let everyone know that you are going to offer a man a job - unless you already know the answer.

Reactions: 3 users
Why is this being played out in the media - why doesn’t Evans just sneak off and do the negotiating quietly.

It is all a bit strange this day and age to let everyone know that you are going to offer a man a job - unless you already know the answer.
Yeah. Seems a bit stage managed.

Reactions: 1 users
i cant believe anyone could be uspet about dimma leaving when he did. i sort of half wanted him out to be honest. he'd been coaching like a bag of *smile* since the end of 2021 anyway. good luck to him, and thanks for the awesome memories you gave us all.

Reactions: 11 users
There seems to be a lot of people who know what has happened. I certainly don’t except for supposition.

Whatever happened the result is a shame. I always prefer that a coach goes at the end of a season and a new coach come in and have an input into trading and drafting and run a pre season.

I think Dimma should have gone at the end of the season or last year.

He could have still coached the Suns in 2024 under that scenario.

I think he was a great coach for the Tigers but he was part of a great team that gave us great leadership on and off the field. I don’t see any Peggy O’Neill, Benny Gale, Trent Cotchin and Neil Balme at the suns.

Reactions: 2 users
Cornhole trying his hardest to cause faction. Love the responses to him.... :mhihi

I think it should be noted that Dimma never said he was “burnt out” (stand to be corrected though).
It was Caro who said that, and I find it kind of ironic that a lot of people who usually bag her are running with it.

Dimma said he realised he wasn’t going to coach Richmond next year, because he thought his message wasn’t getting through anymore - and it showed - and he thought the best thing for the club was to step down then and not wait to the end of the year. He stated he still thought they could make finals.

He never said he was burnt out from coaching anywhere.

I wish him all the best at GC if that happens.
Our greatest coach since Hafey, and I’ll always remember and be grateful for the best day of my life at the footy 30/09/2017

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Hopefully we have the issue issue with our next coach leaving after 14 years and 3 flags.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users