cuz on the couch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

cuz on the couch

DragaTheCro said:
Prefer the great man to wink at some glamour in the crowd than to go around looking for handshakes and having a laugh with oppoistion players, a la Hawthorn last week.

Why what's the difference?

GoodOne said:

Agreed, both show little concern (the smiling and winking bit at least).

FWIW, I too think we have a convenient parking spot for Cousins right now. Only time will show if right ;)

hopper said:
Meaning that you can hardly be shattered with going from 30 points in front to losing by 39, if you are walking off the ground randomly winking at women in the crowd. It's just an impression I'm getting, no major fact to it at all, but I reckon it's all about Cuz at the moment and nothing about the RFC.

1) Shows up to pre-season out of shape and with "personal issues".
2) Belts a teammate in some late night carry on, including having to be removed from a hotel bar piano at 1am - resulting in a leadership group suspension.
3) Can hardly get a kick, let alone a decent one. And can't run half as well as before. Clearly not as fit and healthy as previously in his career.
4) Rumours all over the place of drug relapse and/or alcohol dependence. Caro may not be likeable - but she's rarely far from the money.
5) Winking at hot women in the crowd after a loss. To me, an indication he's not hurting at all.
6) Doesn't put his head down, keep it low and work harder for his desperate team - books a spot OTC to discuss his sordid life.
Umm ... we've played 6 weeks right? Anybody heard an old expression about smoke and fire?? This is why I'm concerned. Can you imagine it around here if Tambling had this 2010 rap sheet?

I cant believe you said any of that. Then again, the truth doesnt come into it when talking about Ben.

hopper said:
Meaning that you can hardly be shattered with going from 30 points in front to losing by 39, if you are walking off the ground randomly winking at women in the crowd. It's just an impression I'm getting, no major fact to it at all, but I reckon it's all about Cuz at the moment and nothing about the RFC.

1) Shows up to pre-season out of shape and with "personal issues".
2) Belts a teammate in some late night carry on, including having to be removed from a hotel bar piano at 1am - resulting in a leadership group suspension.
3) Can hardly get a kick, let alone a decent one. And can't run half as well as before. Clearly not as fit and healthy as previously in his career.
4) Rumours all over the place of drug relapse and/or alcohol dependence. Caro may not be likeable - but she's rarely far from the money.
5) Winking at hot women in the crowd after a loss. To me, an indication he's not hurting at all.
6) Doesn't put his head down, keep it low and work harder for his desperate team - books a spot OTC to discuss his sordid life.
Umm ... we've played 6 weeks right? Anybody heard an old expression about smoke and fire?? This is why I'm concerned. Can you imagine it around here if Tambling had this 2010 rap sheet?

Oh My God!

After a pretty sad couple of weeks this has to take the cake.

Cuz walks off the ground and winks at (lets face it) a hottie - and it's reflective of his overall attitude to the club, his decline and dare I say it the end of the world as we know it!!

Says more about the other insipid hacks - that didn't wink - at the only good thing worthy of acknowledging that night!

FFS

Just because we're losing - and CUZ is now surrounded by a team that does not contain one individual that will ever achieve what he has - he's all of a sudden meant to turn into a puritan that bemoans his very life because Richmond lost.

O.M.G

Thankfully you don't write policy where I work!

She should be used as a motivator - not an inhibitor!

DragaTheCro said:
Prefer the great man to wink at some glamour in the crowd than to go around looking for handshakes and having a laugh with oppoistion players, a la Hawthorn last week.
cant argue there draga, good point, wouldnt mind being a seagull hanging around the cuzz on one of his nights out on the town either.

Just a reminder Cuz is On the Couch tonight at 8.30pm Foxtel channel 501

btoz_01 said:
Just a reminder Cuz is On the Couch tonight at 8.30pm Foxtel channel 501

here's my problem... at 8:30 we have NCIS on ch 10, 24 on ch 7two and fox sports fc on fox sports 2. and i haven't watched on the couch in about 3 years. i think i'll just sit back and wait for your reports. ;D

GoodOne said:
You mean to tell us Goody that you can't tell the difference between checking out the crumpet and hugging n backslapping some hot n sweaty boofheads?
Did you miss both the sex education classes at school plus the parental birds n bees discussion?

Handling himself in a very measured and honest fashion from what I have seen. He's been frank about his drug addiction, stated that he's forever in-debt to the RFC and just generally was well-spoken and collected.

Good segment. More mature and honest than most footballers in the AFL, happy for him to hang around this year, and even next year unless he's burnt out or it keeps a good kid off our list (which is probably unlikely).

New respect for Cous was amazingly candid and spoke extremely intelligently definately in a good space. Even admitted shaved his head because was still on the gear. Hope he get play every game for rest of year and return to some great form get a win or two for us and show some on field leadership which unfort our captain cant. For those who havent seen on the couch it is gripping must see tv

Handled himself extremely well ,had questions flying at him left right & centre and to his credit he didn't
bypass a single one of them.

Said he'd like to play on all things going well if the RFC wanted him,also said he'd like to be around the club
in some capacity to help the the youth come through.

Wants to stay in Melbourne rather than go back west.

Really was worth watching that interview and Im glad I did.

RFC are mad if they sever ties with Benny whether its his last year or not.

Was a good interview. We hardly ever hear Ben speak publicly. He handled himself very well and is a very good speaker. Well done Ben!

Good interview. Surprisingly BT and Mike weren't knobs and asked sensible questions however you can tell Healy wanted to push it a bit. His interview and lack of respect for Gale before the game last week was disgusting. He wouldn't do that to any other clubs CEO and you can tell he has a genuine hatred for Richmond (people who saw it would understand what I'm talking about).

Anyways, Don't think Cousins should play on but would love to see him become our midfield coach in 2011. Doesn't sound like he wants to leave Melbourne anytime soon and wants to help Richmond out whether on-field or in other roles around the club. Out Campbell in Cousins, make it happen Gale.

:clap

Well spoken. All open and honest. Wayne Carey should take notes on how to speak in an interview.

Cuz just made the media mongrels drop a huge sigh or made them hit the drugs. ;D