cuz on the couch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

cuz on the couch

I watched the show last night and found the interview very engrossing.

I think there is a lot more to Ben Cousins than what was revealed on the show and I don't think we will every get the whole true story. He has a very difficult battle on his hands and whether he totally kicks the habit only time will tell. The one thing that stood out to me is I think he has real concerns about life after football, when he is not tested 3 times a week, and doesn't have the regulated environment he is currently in watching his every move. He did agree with the comment "Once an addict always an addict" and I'm not sure he can trust himself when the time comes.

I commend his endeavours at the moment to stay clean.

In regards to his time at Richmond, I would be more than happy for him to remain as a player until the end of 2011 because I feel that he can pass on a lot to our young and emerging midfielders. I don't see at present that he is keeping someone else out of the team. Playing as a "playing coach" of the midfield whereby he can pass on advice in a match situation has to valuable.

I liked the way he now refers to the team as "we".

Whether his appearance on the show was an audition for a contract extension or not I'm not sure. There is no doubt about it he is news and his story at the moment is a good news story.

Thought Ben spoke very well and confidently considering some tough questions.

Have spoke with Ben myself and he was quite a unique character, definatly tell he had been screwed over by peolple

Thanks guys for the links.

I thought Cuz was very impressive, open, measured, comfortable within himself and striving to play better football.
I hope he gets a good run and we see Cuz back to his silky best. If his body is up to it, I would let him play on another year.

For people questioning Cuz's motives for going on the show, have you noticed that public perception of him is overwhelmingly positive since the interview?

This is good news for the club.

Did anyone else see Liam Pickering on AFL Teams last night. In the segment called "Gimme Something" he reported that Cuz walked out of the interview, got in the car and ran it up the bum of another vehicle in the car park! Seems he wasn't feeling so calm and focused after all! ;)

Can't have been great for a bad back either I suppose. :-\